HLN cans The Joy Behar Show

Joy Behar Loses Her Job

The HLN Network has lost its "joy." After two years, the cable channel has pulled the plug on The Joy Behar Show. The series which debuted in late 2009 has run its course.

Joy Behar The Joy Behar Show is no more. Host network HLN has confirmed its decision to cancel the series after two seasons. Headlined by comedienne and The View star Joy Behar, the program highlighted water cooler stories that focused on entertainment, politics and more.

On Thursday, HLN released a statement saying, "The show has not been renewed." But to soften the blow, the network's general manager Scot Safon praised Behar and her crew for their two-year contribution.

"Joy and her team produced over 500 episodes of a show that featured news-making interviews, great conversation and plenty of humor," Safon said. "We thank Joy for the many memorable moments she gave the HLN audience."

So what does Behar have to say about the news? The host's response was professional and classy. She said, "I am very proud of the show that we created at HLN and I owe tremendous thanks to the show team who made it possible." According to The Hollywood Reporter, production on The Joy Behar Show will continue until mid-December. After it wraps, one of the network's current programs will move into its 10 p.m. ET/PT timeslot.

It's rumored that HLN's cancellation of Behar is a creative and not ratings move. The network is trying to shift from entertainment news and trial coverage to more political and military-based programs. And with the next presidential election approaching, this is the perfect time to shake up their schedule.

Despite one show's ending, Behar will continue to appear on The View alongside Whoopi Goldberg, Barbara Walters, Sherri Shepherd and Elisabeth Hasselbeck. You can still enjoy her rants, raves and walk-offs weekday mornings on ABC.

Photo credit: DJDM/WENN.com

Comments

Comments on "HLN cans The Joy Behar Show"

Brenda March 05, 2012 | 6:37 PM

I can't believe Joy's stayed on as long as it did - ratherly vacuous, I thought.

Merle January 15, 2012 | 12:59 PM

Ditto jbug.....leave Bush alone. Find another scapegoat...like Pelosi or the other geek...Reid.

lynn bednar December 14, 2011 | 8:06 PM

I think hln is crazy to drop Joy's show. I enjoyed her bashing. It is ok for Glen Beck or Rush. She can talk politics whith an entertaining spin. I suspect it will be hln's loss and someone elses gain. Best wishes to Joy. HLN bad move.

Anastasia December 12, 2011 | 9:48 AM

She got canned because her show was terrible and her hateful personality just pervades everything. Besides that she is not particularly smart or entertaining either. Just another dull preachy liberal.

lynn December 08, 2011 | 10:10 AM

I cannot believe Joy is being cancelled, it is the only program I enjoy watching on HLN, from now on it will be another news station.

Alice December 08, 2011 | 12:14 AM

I am soooooo disappointed. I love Joy's energy with her guests. I can't believe that the company would keep Piers, that stuffed shirt, and get rid of Joy. I haven't watched Piers' time slot since Larry King left after the first few times.

sjzgrl November 21, 2011 | 5:47 PM

Actually, I liked her better than on the View...Since she was just a one man show,she showed more humbleness,but, I did tune out/changed channel when she took advantage of bashing when she could...

MEEMS November 19, 2011 | 5:04 PM

I WAS DISAPPOINTED TO LEARN OF THE CANCELLATION OF THE JOY BEHAR SHOW..IT BROUGHT A NEW DIMENSION TO TALK SHOW WITH INTERESTING GUESTS AND COMMENTS! DO WE REALLY NEED ANOTHER POLITICAL OR NEWS SHOW...WILL MISS JOY BEHAR, BUT NOT HLN!! I WILL MISS HER INTELLIGENT APPROACH TO MOST SUBJECTSW AND GUESTS, AND HOPE SOME OTHER 'SMARTER NETWORK' picks her up and keeps her going...

geri November 19, 2011 | 5:42 AM

Thank goodness! Quit watching her show because she could not contain herself with her political low blows whenever she had an opportunity.

jbug November 18, 2011 | 7:14 PM

I liked the show sometime. Stopped watching it. Couldn't take the Bush bashing. She really is sick to have that much hate in her.