Survivor Gets Two
More Seasons!

CBS' Survivor will continue to outwit, outlast and outplay the competition. The network has decided to renew the show throughout the 2012-2013 television season.

CBS is sticking with a good thing. Survivor, the network's reality TV giant, is staying put. Today they announced the competition series will remain on their schedule for two more seasons.

Survivor South Pacific

CBS' renewal of Survivor will take it into its 24th and 25th seasons. The network's revamped agreement also promises the return of host Jeff Probst, who's ecstatic about the show's future.

"I am thrilled to continue working on the longest-running reality competition show with the world's greatest adventure crew for two more seasons," said Probst. "We are so thankful for the supportive fans who remain with us every season, and we promise to deliver another year of quality television."

This is great news for fans who were worried about Probst's side projects interfering with the series. Next fall, he'll headline an hour-long talk show, which he says will allow him to "connect with real people and explore their stories on a personal level."

As for Survivor, CBS also revealed the premiere date for its 24th season. According to E Online, the games will begin (again) on Feb. 15. The show's current installment entitled Survivor: South Pacific, airs Wednesday nights at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Each week, it generates over 12 million viewers and is the second most-watched reality show within the coveted 18-49 age demographic.

What's Survivor's secret to success? CBS Executive VP of Alternative Programming Jennifer Bresnan believes the show has a winning formula. "Its format guarantees fresh characters, exotic places and fascinating social dynamics every season." It also doesn't hurt that the competition brings out the best and worst in its players, which equals guaranteed drama.

Photo credit: Monty Brinton/CBS

Tags: jeff probst

Comments

Comments on "CBS' Survivor to outwit, outlast till 2013"

Arthur May 13, 2013 | 6:12 AM

The new survivor will have to do with relatives blood is thicker than water that's what I think

Sandi May 13, 2013 | 5:36 AM

Never Never bring back another Hance. They are all nuts.

Sandi May 13, 2013 | 5:34 AM

how about a family vs family feud?

steve February 25, 2013 | 10:53 AM

This will be the last season for me if they bring back any of the old players, what is wrong with all new players the old players were asses then and they are asses now. Didn't like them then don't like them now, care even less to see them try for the money again let new ones play each season i'll watch bring back old ones I will stop watching it is a good show when they are all new it is a bad show when any of them are returns.

Jim February 20, 2013 | 1:58 PM

What is wrong with getting all new players. I am getting sick and tired of past players coming back to play their same old game that you got tired of when they were on the first time. What is wrong, Can't you find new players? Why bring back people that has already been on before. We didn't like them then and we still don't like them. You have lost two Fans. My wife and I were fans from the beginning. Now we are NOT...

Michael Beers February 13, 2013 | 10:12 PM

I would like to see a father son tribe! Or a Father daughter tribe! You get the idea!

mitchell hamilton February 13, 2013 | 7:44 PM

It is always good too see brenda again she is amazing

marie January 24, 2013 | 2:40 PM

I LOVE LOVE SURVIVOR I HATE IT WHENE THE SEASON HAS TOO END AND WISH IS WAS ON TV TOW NIGHTS A WEEK ' THANK FOR ALL THE WORK AND I LOVE IT

Connie January 16, 2013 | 11:59 AM

I have watched survivor since the beginning. What I think would be a good twist in the game is at tribal council, the winning team would vote one of the losers off. That would be a great twist. When is it airing this year?

Jody January 15, 2013 | 4:21 PM

When does the new season start? I really hope Survivor last a lot longer. I'm 62 & would love to be on Survivor, although I know I can't, I'd probably be the 1st one voted off, for what ever reason. So, I love to live out the show in my comfy chair & put in my two cents worth & tell contestants what they should & shouldn't do. I go through withdrawals with each season. Keep up the good work!!! When does the new spring season start? Thanks for the Great Entertainment.