Sister Wives Tackles Domestic Abuse

Sister Wives' fourth wife Robyn Brown has revealed the heartbreaking reason her first marriage ended -- and it wasn't those boring old "irreconcilable differences."

The conflict on Sister Wives is heating up after some of the original 16 kids started bullying fourth wife Robyn Brown's children from her first marriage -- and mama isn't standing for it.

Sister Wives

Robyn says that no matter what the reason, no amount of bullying is acceptable to her -- and she revealed the shocking reason why.

"Just to clarify, I do not tolerate my kids getting bullied," she wrote on Twitter. "I ended my first marriage because of abuse. My kids come first ALWAYS."

Kody Brown shows off first photos of Sister Wives baby >>

Despite the fact that she says her ex-husband abused her, she made it clear on a recent episode of the show that she would send her kids back to live with their dad if the bullying didn't stop.

"If [Dayton, 12, Aurora, 9, and Breann, 7] don't feel like they're a part of this family, they can chose at a certain age to not be with me anymore. They can chose to live with their biological father," she tearfully announced, explaining that after a year and a half with the Brown family her kids are being treated worse by their step-siblings, not better.

"I'm very concerned about problems that stem from bullying in this family. I'm at a loss," Kody said. "And I'm figuring there are millions of other parents wondering what the heck to do with their kids."

Robyn, who recently gave birth to Kody's 17th child Solomon, is the fourth wife to join the controversial polygamous Brown family.

Image courtesy TLC

Tell us: Should Robyn send her kids back to her abuser?

Comments

Comments on "Sister Wives abuse shocker: Robyn's first marriage"

phyllis January 18, 2014 | 4:09 PM

Robin claims first husband abused her I never heard her say he abused his children. I do not like Robin and never have.

chipperman July 01, 2013 | 9:06 PM

where in the Bible does it say that a man should have multiple wives. This is not fair to all these children. They are going to bully in order to show their disapproval. Don't understand how they seem to be financially struggling but can build four beautiful homes, while supporting 17 children. The show is interesting in the fact that it is so different but I definitely don't believe in their lifestyle.

Shelly November 18, 2012 | 11:24 PM

Omg!! People please master the basics of reading ,before taking on the challenge of commenting!!

Nancy November 01, 2012 | 7:28 AM

thank you Cherrie Fausnaught for clarifying that she DIDNT say she would send her kids back to the father if the bullying didnt stop she was saying that they COULD CHOOSE. That is how things work people the state would say prove you were abused and she probably couldnt then if the kids chose to go back to dad sadly Robyn wouldnt have a say if the courts ordered it. Quit trying to make Robyn look bad people I am sure some of you have kids with more than one man and know what the hell she was saying.

Megan September 03, 2012 | 8:50 PM

Also, I feel for Robyn's kids! Bullying sucks! Kody needs to step in, the moms of the bullies need to step in, now, and take care of it.

Megan September 03, 2012 | 8:47 PM

Laura, I am amazed at how close-minded you are! First, most Mormons aren't raised to practice or believe in polygamy. I certainly wasn't! HOWEVER, I DO believe that this family is like many others; one dad, a bunch of baby-mamas. The differences in this and the baby-mama-drama we see elsewhere, is that these children are being raised by both parents, who love them, and their parents are married. It is all right, in "normal" society for a man to father children with multiple women, as long as he DOESN'T marry them. How backwards is this? Kody is very good to all of his children, biological and step alike, and his wives as well. Just like a marriage, this one deserves equal rights.

Laura June 24, 2012 | 4:00 PM

It is legal cheating much like it is in Muslim families. Exactly the same! It is so degrading to the women but that is how Mormons are raised. The rest of it is purely child abuse.

Kelly June 03, 2012 | 11:31 AM

Robyn made a comment she was abused an will not allow he kids to be bullied BUT has no problem sending HER KIDS to her abuser.......Hmmmmm what a wonderful mother!!!!!!! These mothers on the show should be ashamed to even call themselves MOMS knowing they are allowing their dads to have mother wives.

tammy mceuen December 10, 2011 | 2:24 PM

im so glad that she got out of that ,Iunder stand what she went throw i been throw it to but i would late the go there i would be scared for them.

yasser December 05, 2011 | 8:43 AM

wow i did not know about robyns first marriage happened like that. im happy she left and joined kody's family even if its polygamous. In the show Big Love , it talks about the struggles of polygamy and how the family goes through everyday struggles just like sister wives.

Rebecca November 13, 2011 | 10:20 AM

They can claim to be married all they want, but the bottom line is the only one who is actually married is Mari. The other 3 are his mistresses. If you really had the best intrest of your kids at heart, you won't let them choose to go back to someone who is abusive! Be a parent, and not some wannabe celebrity. With the money problem you all are having, why bring more children into a very unstable enviorment? As adult you have the right to live as you want, as a parent, you must think about your kids as well.

BONNIE November 13, 2011 | 3:32 AM

WHEN ROBIN AND HER KIDS JOINED THE FAMILY EVERYTHING WENT DOWNHILL NOT BECAUSE OF ROBINS KIDS BUT WHEN KIDS GETS FRUSTRATED THEY NEED AN EASY TARGET TO BLAME AND LASH OUT AT.IF THE PARENTS DON T LET IT GO AND YOU ENCOURGAGE THEM TO BOND WITH LTTLE SOLOMON.I BELIEVE IT WILL BE BETTER THAN SENDING THEM TO LIVE WITH AN ABUSIVE PARENT.PUT YOURSELF IN THEIR SHOES.AND IT WILL WORK ITSELF OUT.

Dana November 11, 2011 | 4:04 PM

I'm confused, she left her 1st husband because of abuse saying children always come first...but she said they are being bullied now..so what makes the 2nd marriage any different then the 1st..do the children reall?y come first?

DeAndra November 11, 2011 | 3:10 PM

too much drama for me.... no way could i handle all of that!

Jannie November 11, 2011 | 2:20 PM

Why should a ex abuseing husband have the kids or the choice? That would be dangerous for the Children. He would not be trusted with my kids nor would I stay with a sister wife type relationship. That can be emotional abusive to the women and can bring emotional problems for all the children. He is living like a pervert!

Vel November 10, 2011 | 12:43 PM

The whole show is disfuntional. A men with one wife and three live with side relationships by law in America. A man can only have one wife. The women in this have a contact type agreement. We must live by the laws of the land. Where is God in his so called family? morals? Maybe she needs to move on with her kids.

cherrie fausnaught November 10, 2011 | 12:07 PM

To be fair- Robyn did NOT say she would send her kids back to their dad if the bullying didn't stop. She was saying THEY could CHOSE to live with their dad when they reach a certain age. In some states this is the case with custody disputes. When the child reaches a specified age- they can decide which parent they want to live with. As for the bullying issue... I think most siblings do that to some extent. I know I have had some problems with 2 of my children picking on their little brother. We do NOT tolerate it, and neither should the Browns.