Kim Kardashian
Speaks Out

Kim Kardashian says her wedding and marriage was like a "roller coaster" she couldn't get off and hopes her fans can respect the courage it took to end her marriage.

Kim Kardashian

Kim Kardashian filed for divorce from Kris Humphries after just 72 days of marriage and amidst huge amounts of criticism over the perceived "scam" of her wedding, she says she hopes her fans can respect her courage instead of mocking her lifestyle.

In a message to fans posted on her blog, Kardashian wrote:

"This is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to write. I see all of the support and I am so thankful for my fans, friends and family who are helping me through this difficult time.

I am trying not to read all the different media reports but it's hard not to see all the negative ones. First and foremost, I married for love. I can't believe I even have to defend this. I would not have spent so much time on something just for a TV show! I share so much of my life on a reality show, that contemplating whether to even film my wedding was a tough decision to make, and maybe it turned out to not be the smartest decision. But it's who I am! We filmed Kourtney giving birth, Khloe getting married, break ups, make ups, our best moments and our worst moments. These were all real moments. That's what makes us who we are. We share, we give, we love and we are open!

Everyone that knows me knows that I'm a hopeless romantic! I love with all of my heart and soul. I want a family and babies and a real life so badly that maybe I rushed in to something too soon. I believed in love and the dream of what I wanted so badly. I felt like I was on a fast roller coaster and couldn't get off when now I know I probably should have. I got caught up with the hoopla and the filming of the TV show that when I probably should have ended my relationship, I didn't know how to and didn't want to disappoint a lot of people.

I'm being honest here and I hope you respect my courage because this isn't easy to go through. But I do know that I have to follow my heart. I never had the intention of hurting anybody and I accept full responsibility for my actions and decisions, and for taking everyone on this journey with me. It just didn't turn out to be the fairy tale I had so badly hoped for.

There are also reports that I made millions of dollars off of the wedding. These reports are simply not true and it makes me so sad to have to even clarify this. I'm so grateful to everyone who took the time to come to my wedding and I'll be donating the money for all the gifts to the Dream Foundation.

I'm sorry if I have hurt anyone, but my dad always told me to follow my heart I believe now that I really am."

Kardashian's prenup protects her from having to pay out any cash to her soon-to-be ex and it looks like she'll be able to keep that humongous engagement ring, too.

Image courtesy WENN.com

Comments

Comments on "Kim Kardashian hopes you respect her courage"

moncler October 31, 2013 | 4:57 PM

en les installant vous pouvez construire un portail web contenant du texte, Pour vous aider ?? d??velopper votre site,La version Beta propose une pr??sentation des nombreuses am??liorations qu?? subit Blender au cours de ces derni??res ann??es,56 Beta compatible Windows 64 Bits est disponible suivant ce lien de t??l??chargement pour assurer que les droits individuels en ce qui concerne la vie priv??e sont respect??s dans le monde,Nous sommes conscients que dautres soci??t??s d??veloppent des produits similaires,Dans la perspective dun partenariat industriel, Directeur g??n??ral du groupe France Telecom, met ?? jour sa base de menaces automatiquement, ils ont vraiment de quoi en ??tre fier.

????`???????999 October 31, 2013 | 12:56 AM

Here??s how NPR explained Yuma??s problem:??The unemployment rate of border communities can sometimes artificially increase ?? and even double ?? because of a large uncounted migrant population.Anne Braden, in a piece for the the Women??s Media Center??s , Bookmark it! the people he helped knew exactly who he was. are paid for by TexasOne, the report shows, if 2012 isn??t likely to be nearly as bad a year for Republicans nationally as 2008, they would have released it to rebut the ??it??s tied?? narrative Democrats built. possibly infect their two-legged host with the bacterium.

Veronica November 03, 2011 | 9:17 PM

I'm trying to find something nice to say here. She has nice hair.

Erick Kandle November 03, 2011 | 9:12 PM

Kim, my heart wants to tell you to ---- off and that you're nothing more than a huge turd in the punchbowl of love. My head however is in awe of your business acumen. I'm assuming there will be another big wedding in the near future, followed by another divorce. And so on, and so on. Maybe you could do a collection of collector dolls, all named according to your ex-husband's names. Or better, a video series shot by the same guy who shot your first video with Ray J (you didn't think we wouldn't notice there's a third party there, orchestrating the shots, right?). I would also like to send a shout out to your mom, Kris. You are my evil cougar manager goddess and will provide the mind candy for my solo party tonight.

Tres Kline November 02, 2011 | 7:05 PM

I am indeed a KIM K fan and though in the beginning I had my doubts...but thought I might have jumped the gun when I saw what I thought appeared to be love on both parts, or at least some version / degree of love on the show. Then there were moments when I thought hmmm could this all be staged. Not one for accepting I have been fooled, I'd like to think that both parties might have actually believed what they felt was enough to start a life together yet neither really knew the other well enough to take on such a step towards together forever. I wish both the very best. I feel a bit let down because like many others I wanted to believe...in going with what feels right. Well can't say I'm totally ruling that out what didn't work for them, doesn't have to be the same for the next. Kim good luck to you and I hope you find the love you need. Kris good luck to you and I hope you use this time to learn who you are and what you want...in other words, live a little before getting tied down.

Diane November 02, 2011 | 1:01 AM

Kim stay single - think of yourself you are proud and single minded, I think that sums it all up. There is only room for one ego and Mother Hen, Kris, a bad example - a mom teaching her girls by example how to steamroller over anyone who has a brain - thinks logically or differently, they recusitate and repeat the action. Look at Bruce Jenner a man of great accomplishment until he married this woman who has turned his life into a living hell. Kris is self serving mean spirited and worthless as a mom and wife. Why does Bruce stay - well for one he's not a quitter, Bruce made a promise to the girls dad the one who defended O.J. Simpson. Bruce has given 1000% - his best years and endures these self-serving Perannah. Bruce time to stand up and say I'm outta here, as he departs and walking out on Kris and the rest of the bunch and into the night. This is all about the Dash family, and Bruce there never was a fit. As for Kris Humphries Kim sent him on his way showing her self serving agenda. One day Kris's eyes will open and he will see the light from above and kiss the ground in thanks for his freedom.