Marie Osmond's Wednesday night performance with her brother, Donny Osmond, ended in a less-than-ideal way: She was taken to a Las Vegas hospital with tightness in her chest. Luckily, the newly remarried singer wasn't experiencing anything serious — the pain turned out to be from bronchitis.
"So the allergies went into a bronchitis. Didn't realize it until I went to hit the high notes last night on stage," she tweeted Thursday.
Osmond wasn't down for long — she planned on performing Thursday night, though she intended to take it easy on some of the songs.
It isn't the first time the iconic singer has experienced a health scare while on stage. Osmond fainted on live television during her stint on Dancing With the Stars in 2007 and she passed out before a performance with her brother in May 2009.
"Marie had stopped at a sushi restaurant before the show. She has an allergy to iodine. Marie ate some food that was being cooked near shellfish," her rep said of that incident.
Osmond's ability to bounce back from life's challenges — including weight problems and her son's suicide — has to do with lessons she learned from her mother.
"My mom told me, 'When you're hurt by somebody, they own you. Let it go. Keep moving forward and being positive.' You can do everything you can to try to stop bad things from happening to you, but eventually things will happen, so the best prevention is a positive attitude," she told Prevention magazine in an interview.
A loving husband doesn't hurt, either.
"My cute hubby just made me an awesome steak on the grill. So now I've had protein and feeling strong," she tweeted Thursday afternoon.
Image courtesy DJDM/WENN.com
Feel better soon, Marie Osmond!