Dina Tries To Set The Record Straight

Dina's latest blog entry, aptly titled, "The Truth," tells fans why she really left the show and why she thinks her sister Caroline is overacting to the latest RHONJ drama.

Dina Manzo talks The Real Housewives of New Jersey

If you're not an avid follower of Bravo's hit reality show series, The Real Housewives of New Jersey, it may be hard to keep up with the constant back-and-forth drama between current and previous cast members.

We'll help you catch-up on what just went down -- because this latest RHONJ drama is sure to be swirling around the gossip blogs for some time. What's changed? Ex-castmate Dina Manzo took to her blog this morning to set the record straight on everything RHONJ. We couldn't resist sharing it with you guys.

On her personal blog, Dina writes a lengthy post telling fans why she left in the middle of season 2 and giving us her version of the bitter feuds between Caroline Manzo, Jacqueline Laurita, and Teresa Giudice.

Oh why she left RHONJ:

Dina points to the show's toxic atmosphere. Whether it was stirred by Bravo producers or cast members is unclear, that toxicity caused her to reevaluate her priorities. Unfortunately for viewers, RHONJ just didn't make the cut.

"I really wanted to walk away from the toxic behavior, I was not into ganging up on anyone. …As the housewives filming progressed for us so did my involvement in my foundation for children with cancer Project Ladybug…When you watch mothers lose their children as I have, the bickering of who said what seems so silly. The 'problems' that I once got so wrapped up in seemed so petty. …I'm not proud of what went down season one and I entered season two with a heavy heart, not really into it all. Once I left I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders and I finally felt a sense of peace."

On the feud between Teresa, Caroline, and Jacqueline:

On Season 4, Teresa Giudice took to her recent cookbook, Fabulicious, to take some digs at fellow housewife Caroline Manzo. She called Caroline's cooking "as Italian as the Olive Garden," which Caroline found extremely offensive. Giudice claimed she was just making a joke and didn't mean any intentional harm.

The problem? Dina and Teresa are very close -- Dina is the Godmother to one of Teresa's children -- but Dina isn't supporting her sister Caroline's anger over the cookbook comment. Now Caroline and Dina aren't speaking. The rumor is that Teresa came in between the two sisters.

"Teresa recently showed up at my doorstep in tears…apparently Caroline and Jacqueline had a sit down with her on camera (for season 4) and she felt attacked. All I did was console a friend who was obviously shaken. …Teresa then asked me to come to the launch party of a new product that's very important to her. [At the event] she mentioned the drama with her and Caroline and I told her that if this is all about a joke in a book (and she assured me it was) that's not enough for me to hate the mother of my God daughter and a friend of 15 years. …So there you have it, Teresa had nothing to do with me staying away from everyone. …I have no clue about all the drama that went on with everything else."

Photo: Wenn.com

Tags: dina manzo jacqueline laurita

Comments

Comments on "Dina Manzo talks RHONJ feud"

BMasciovecchio November 30, 2012 | 5:37 PM

That in-family fighting just really got to me in the end. It was sad to see a family fall apart right before my eyes. Yes, this is exactly what Teresa feared about her family joining the show. I think they all have some introspection to do about themselves.

April October 09, 2012 | 12:02 AM

I think it's sad that grown women act this way. Especially when you have your family problems. Shows that have so much drama aren't as fun to watch anymore. I wish these women would all grow up and see what's important. It's proven reality shows split newly weds, and it's now splitting friends. You can tell these women love each other deep down or it would look do painful. If anything they should all apologize because their all wrong and attacking each other. They need to move on. I wish them all the best of luck!

Mary Curry September 18, 2012 | 2:00 PM

Theresa is a conniving idiot, she does not want peace and anyone who has a normal life is in her spotlight. If Dina really loved her sister she would back her up because Theresa is using her because she is the only person she has left. WAKE UP DINA. Let theresa be by herself, even her lowdown cheating husband does not want her.

MizMaryMac August 27, 2012 | 4:31 PM

Everyone needs to remember that Caroline tried to get Teresa back with her brother and Melissa in the beginning of this season. Has everyone forgotten that? I will admit that Caroline has become a bit of a know-it-all, holier-than thou- lately,but the real problem is the rift Teresa started between Dina and Caroline. If Teresa was such a friend, why didn't she try to aid in the reunion of Caroline and Dina? Also, Dina doesn't like the toxic atmosphere on RHONJ, but she'll still take to her blog to comment about it and show up (and be filmed) at the Fabulini premiere. They all love the spotlight and the drama. Can't wait to see this reunion show. Good times.

CarolineFan August 27, 2012 | 9:33 AM

I cannot believe anyone would defend Teresa and trash Caroline. Caroline Manzo is the ONLY ONE who has kept this show REAL. She speaks what she is feeling and thinking. For all those who trash her for "butting in" or giving her "2 cents worth"....that is what friends do!! They offer advice, give their opinions, express themselves...without fear of rejection. I suppose though if Teresa and Dina could decide on only having one face instead of two faces...then the show wouldn't be so entertaining. Caroline will triumph....remember Danielle? Who was it that finally put her in her place...oh yeah...Caroline Manzo!!

Karen August 02, 2012 | 3:04 AM

"Are you kidding me?" (Teresa's favorite reply) The above comments were obviously made by Teresa's few, remaining friends. I wouldn't trust Teresa as far as I could throw her. That woman is TROUBLE! She is not your friend Dina. Watch your back.

grace July 10, 2012 | 11:33 AM

always said that teresa had chabge...HE IS A man....AND Uugly to boot!..such a liar and vindictive.

dee nice May 07, 2012 | 12:22 PM

Anyone who defends that unibrow monster Teresa must be as stupid as she is. One minute she says one thing and the next she is in denial about ever having said it at all. None of these woman are innocent but Teresa is the lone problem here. She is the one who stirs up all this crap and than can't stand to be called on it. As a viewer I just don't see how people could ever bully this man in a womans dress.

Michele April 29, 2012 | 4:28 PM

Teresa...in regard to the rude, ignorant comments you made about your family and friends in your so called "cookbook", in one breath you tell Caroline "it was a joke" and in the second breath you said everything in your "cookbook" was how you felt 110%. How can you say you are joking then 30 seconds later say it is exactly how you feel. HYPOCRITE! Dina, you are classy, stop hanging out with trashy. Why would you believe something anyone said about anything without hearing it from the other side, especially the other side being your very own sister! Is blood really thicker than water?

Taleisha April 24, 2012 | 4:19 PM

It's not Caroline at the center of the drama! It's crazy Teresa! Teresa can't keep her stories straight! Then when she runs her mouth and is called on it she's the victim! But she can gang up on anyone she wants to and doesn't think anyone should say anything about it! As far as her sister in law is concerned she has more sense then she does! The only reason anyone is calling her a is because of Teresa! Surprise surprise! It's sad that Dina and Caroline are not speaking. I do believe a lot of it is Teresa!

Brooke January 26, 2012 | 9:57 AM

I often wonder HOW Dina and Chris can be related to Caroline? They're so calm and nice and she's wicked!! I liked her at first. Then she changed so much and Dina, Chris and Jacqueline didn't. I know Caroline is behind everything to do with Jacqueline and Teresa's friendship ending! Bossy do this and say that or else!! Well, Caroline will end up the least liked and friendless one soon!

Carina January 25, 2012 | 10:59 PM

I loved the fun they had at the Catskills s/p!!! Wish the show could have stayed that fun all along!!

M. Eavellie January 25, 2012 | 10:56 PM

Caroline Manzo is the #1 reason her own family is fighting, Dina doesn't speak to her. Jacqueline wouldn't but is so broken she doesn't know what to do! Caroline can't stand to see other families working things out so decided to driver her QUEEN BEE wedge in and try to destroy Teresa's family! I believe Teresa's family as well as Kathy will work their issues out and realize what I've seen outside looking in, that Caroline Manzo is the REAL Problem!! Get rid of that jealous trouble maker and all will fall into place! I miss the Jacqueline/Teresa fun times!

Sassy10 November 09, 2011 | 12:02 PM

Dina has class, plain and simple. Teresa has been ganged up on all season, attacked and bullied. Everything she was afraid of happening with her fame sister in law joining the show happened,in a few short months she turned friends into enemies.. Caroline manzo is a bully and a thug in a cocktail dress, sounds familiar. A pig with lipstick. Caroline is so ready to hand out advice to everyone else, put her unwanted 2 cents into teresa's feud with her brother and yet she doesn't even speak to some of her own family,isn't even speaaking to Dina! And then has the nerve to blame Teresa, idiot. Her sons are spoiled morons who can do no wrong in mommy's eyes, yet she gladly tells her daughter how fat she is. Shut up already Caroline. I am glad to see Dina not ending a decade and a half long friendship because her sister is so into the drama. She's a backstabbing witch, as is Jaqueline. Melissa is a bimbo, a liar and has stirred every bit of drama surrounding these women. She didn't even have the decency to tell her sister in law she was joining the show, she did it behind her back which shows what a lying coniving trouble making she is.. The excuse for not informing Teresa? She was too busy. Drama loving bimbos, nothing more and nothing less. Teresa is better off without them all.