Noel To Lady: Where's The Music?

Lady Gaga is the latest victim of Noel Gallagher's wrath. The passion normally reserved for the guitarist's brother and former Oasis band mate Liam Gallagher is calling out the meat dress singer, asking where's the bleeping music?

Noel Gallagher thinks Lady Gaga is nothing more than a publicity machine making "Madonna-lite" music. Ouch! Is it possible the Born This Way hit maker is nothing more than a strategic mix of meat suits and controversy?

Noel Gallagher

"I don't give a [expletive] monkey's about Lady Gaga," Noel Gallagher told Q magazine. "It's all about the meat suit and the controversy. Is it about music? Really? She's got the publicity side sorted, but where's the [expletive] music."

Speaking of Lady Gaga the 44-year-old continued, "Her album gets played a lot around my house by my daughter and it's Madonna-lite. Madonna was hardcore. She took it to the edge musically as well as everything else."

"Twenty years from now, will we listen to Lady Gaga?" Noel Gallagher asks, then supplies his own answer. "No. She might think she is making a stand for the freaks and the weirdos. But they're not going to have any decent [expletive] music to play are they?"

Sharing that he feels disappointed that most current rock bands and artists lack what he judges to be anything of interest to say Noel Gallagher asks, "Who will retell the rock 'n' roll story for a new generation? The problem with bands these days is half of them get the music right but you read an interview and think, 'I can't buy into them as people.'

The musician, seen here in Italy promoting his new album Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds continues, "It's become this prevailing thing where, 'It's all about the music.' It's not. It's more than that. The way you look or what you say or what you stand for is crucial. People are so wary of being the spokesman for a generation. It's a bulls**t tag, but still . I wish someone would provide a focal point."

Do you think Noel Gallagher has a point about Lady Gaga and the music of today?

Image via WENN

Tags: oasis

Comments

Comments on "Noel Gallagher picks a fight with Lady Gaga"

Francis October 03, 2011 | 2:14 AM

For all you people who say 'who is Noel Gallagher,' let me remind you, he was the main songwriter of oasis, a band who as sold 70 million records without selling out and trying to be something there not. They wrote a soundtrack for a whole generation in England, and where one of the biggest band in the 90's. Thank you Noel for standing up against the rubbish that Lady Gaga and the manufactured american pop rubbish she represents!

Mari September 30, 2011 | 7:25 PM

Well said Noel! and for those who don't know who Noel Gallangher or Oasis then you are missing out!!! I recommend it to everyone, not only Oasis, but also the Stone Roses. Do yourself a favor, and start listening to real music. FYI Lady Gaga is not. Love you Noel! Can't wait for album!

sonjnr September 30, 2011 | 2:35 PM

What a moron. Where is the derisive scorn and criticism for this man? He's basically a white version of Kanye West....yet because he was a part of some mediocre band, people give him a pass? Screw that crap.

Van Pelt September 29, 2011 | 10:12 PM

Are you people kidding me? Noel Gallagher, along with the former oasis members are living legends, people who truly have a passion in making good music. They re-defined the word "music" in the 90s. I agree 100% with him, Lady Gaga is a joke persona. I mean she had been given a great voice but just how ridiculous is the way she can waste such talent on.

Joel September 28, 2011 | 6:20 PM

I don't know who he is. But he is right with what he says.

Jonnie Boi September 28, 2011 | 3:03 PM

Madonna is laughing somewhere right now... Tic-Tock-Tick-Tock... that is the sound of Gag career...

neverseul September 28, 2011 | 1:42 PM

hahah who the is this biggot? i don't even know why i clicked on this link too bad no body gives a hoot about who he is i love me my gaga and for me , a young person , she is a legend in the making, his old (explicit word)can go fall in a ditch

Steve September 28, 2011 | 1:17 PM

I've never heard of Noel Gallagher or Oasis. Where's his [bleeping] music? I do have a number of Lady Gaga songs in my collection so she must be doing something right. She does a lot of stupid stuff, too, but you can't say a song like Bad Romance isn't great. It is. It sounds like Noel is jealous of her talent and success.

astro September 28, 2011 | 7:41 AM

As he never fails to remind us, Noel Gallagher is a legend (in his own mind at least). He never rants or whines, is well thought out, and scrupulously fair, without the slightest hint of self-promotion in anything he says. But speaking of "where's the music?", do we get a refund for all those crappy Oasis albums? There isn't a great Oasis song to speak of.

Aditya Samitinjay September 28, 2011 | 7:11 AM

He's right, especially with that who'll tell the rock n roll story... Love you Noel :)