Two And A Half Men
Or Charlie Sheen Roast?

It was an all-out ratings war as Ashton Kutcher made his big debut on CBS’s Two and a Half Men, while Charlie Sheen got roasted on Comedy Central. Find out who was “winning” in the ratings war!

Who drew in more viewers -- Ashton Kutcher on Two and a Half Men or Charlie Sheen's Roast? The numbers are in and it sounds like both actors are winning, however Kutcher's big debut as Sheen's replacement on Two and a Half Men was the ratings winner.

Ashton Kutcher Two and a Half Men

According to the Associated Press, CBS's Two and a Half Men was watched by 28.7 million people yesterday. In fact, the Nielson Co. said today that this was more viewers than any other episode in the last eight seasons when Sheen had the starring role. That has to sting Sheen a bit, however he didn't fare so badly himself.

Charlie Sheen's roast on Comedy Central was watched by 6.4 million people, making it the second most-watched show on Comedy Central, behind Jeff Dunham's holiday special in 2008.

Check out the Charlie Sheen roast highlights and best quotes here >>>

To be fair, not everyone has Comedy Central, a paid cable channel, so that probably was a big factor in the numbers as well.

charlie sheen roast

Will people continue to watch Two and a Half Men, or did they tune in out of curiosity? Producers of the show did a good job in building up anticipation as they kept it a secret of how exactly Sheen's character, Charlie Harper, would die and how Ashton would fit in. The show had plenty of Sheen digs, including his death. He was killed in Paris when his neighbor/sometimes stalker Rose may or may not have pushed him in front of a subway train.

Tell us: Did you watch the Charlie Sheen Roast on Comedy Central or Ashton Kutcher on Two and a Half Men?

Photos: WENN

Comments

Comments on "Ashton Kutcher vs. Charlie Sheen: Who won the ratings war?"

Fahad December 10, 2013 | 11:23 PM

Ashton looks like Alan's older son, that would have been the perfect role for him...wrecked my favorite show by replacing the late Mr.Harper.

liam October 08, 2013 | 11:56 PM

I think the show is better with Ashton Kutcher becuase he is hilarious sheen is to but I like Ashton better

SUPREME3D January 26, 2013 | 6:44 PM

The show is not as funny now with AK. They are trying too hard. I stopped watching new 2.5/M - I only watch the sheen episodes..SO much funnier.

Claudius January 14, 2013 | 10:38 PM

I am sorry ashton. You can never replace the fact that Charlie is the soul of this SitCom. Never. Not in this world.

Doris Hjerling August 02, 2012 | 9:04 AM

Miss Sheen, do not care for new story line. Sheen did not have to disrobe to make the show interesting.

LeldzEseek May 27, 2012 | 6:23 AM

Currently, the second book won't even street until late May, assuming of course it can make the targeted date without any unforeseen delays. http;//www.tiffanyjewellery4mall --------------------- fabiodurante

akshay March 20, 2012 | 12:12 PM

And stupid me thought the show was based on Charlie's life. Right down the flush this show is with ashton who??

sam January 02, 2012 | 3:11 AM

the story is very changed now. it is kinda boring.. asshton is trying his best to fit in the story but it is not working. alan,jake, berda are funny. i m watched each episode of 2HM i loved it was funny. but now this season is not even funny. if ashton works in shows like the big bang theory or hanna montana, it wil suit him better.

larry November 08, 2011 | 7:22 AM

I have watched the show since the beginning the concept of the show has changed it is becoming boring True there are a number of laughs with Alan/ Berta but they constantly need to refer too Charlie AND Ashton can only take his cloths off for so long before it becomes boring I find myself looking for reruns of the Old 2 & 1/2 Men

marty November 08, 2011 | 6:58 AM

Its not the same and I think Charlie fits the part where Ashton seems like he trying to be something he is not... He should go back to 70s show...

Lynda November 08, 2011 | 4:30 AM

The new show is just not the same. This week there were a few more laughs & it was nice to have a break from the Sheen beating. Nonetheless Charlie Sheen is the show, without him the dynamics don't work & the shows spins without purpose or direction..BRING CHARLIE BACK !!!

Jay September 28, 2011 | 2:55 PM

The show will not be the same at all. Very disappointed. The only thing they can do is keep showing him with his shirt and pants off and hope fir the best. Actually he needs to keep his shirt on.....looks too much like a 11 year old boy in a Holliser ad. Not cool!

star September 23, 2011 | 4:55 PM

i think that charle was better he should be on there not ing ashton he soo ugly too

gayle September 22, 2011 | 9:59 PM

i hope they bring charlie back. the show is boring without him.

YRaj September 21, 2011 | 10:24 AM

I looked at 2 1/2 men for a bit and quickly realized that despite the clothes off and cutesy lines...he was not going to cut it...even he was crazy funny in his movies..he does not have the sarcastic bite in his lines as Charlie..

Roll Dog September 20, 2011 | 9:16 PM

I love both guys no matter what. I did not watch 2AHM but I did the Comedy Central Roast with Sheen. It was great!

Chicky September 20, 2011 | 9:14 PM

I watched Ashton on two and a half only to confirm my feelings that he was not the one. Now John Stamos......YES! a a definit fit. And then what made them think taking off Ashton's cloths would make a difference. Charlie was not a y character - he was just a CHARACTER! Duh

Byron September 20, 2011 | 8:16 PM

I wanted to check out TWO AND 1/2 MEN. It was funny.

Kara September 20, 2011 | 8:05 PM

I think Ashton did a great job in two and a half men. And...he looked pretty darn cute also!