In The Girls' Room

It's the moment you've been waiting for, the third installment of the Paranormal Activity series -- and this time everything is going to be explained.

Paranormal Activity

The first one was about the woman in the house, the second one was about her sister and this one is about their childhood. We're scared already!

Paranormal Activity 3 started a new phenomenon in low-budget horror films. The film stars relatively unknown actors and takes place in only a few locations. Audiences haven't seen this kind of innovative approach to the modern horror on a shoestring budget since 1999 cult sensation, The Blair Witch Project.

The series tracks an evil spirit that has attached itself to a couple who lives in a suburban house in the first Paranormal Activity. The first movie had a mysterious ending and left many unanswered questions.

The sequel, Paranormal Activity 2, is actually a prequel, in that it picks up the story before the couple moves into the house, so audiences can see where the spirit came from. That one ended with as much confusion as the first movie and now in the third installment, audiences will find out, hopefully, how the spirit attached itself to this family by going back in time to when the girls were children.

Check out the new poster for Paranormal Activity 3 to get a first look into the twins' bedroom. The prequel hits theaters just in time for pre-Halloween fright on Oct. 21.

Tags: paranormal activity 3

Comments

Comments on "Paranormal Activity 3 starts where it all began"

Cleo September 29, 2011 | 11:50 AM

We all did the bloody mary thing as a kid. No real danger in that. Ouija board is a much different story. Not something to play around with. Coming from one who has experienced it. The 1st two movies were good but I expect much better from the 3rd movie. I hope it answers all the questions we were left with.

Gerald September 28, 2011 | 5:40 PM

They're not twins....rookie mistake. Also, I don't think they'll use the Bloody Mary idea as the reason for he haunting throughout the series, that was probably just a way to make the trailer scarier. It hinted in the second one that the reason for the paranormal activity was an old relative making a deal with the devil for wealth in exchange for the family's first born son, Hunter.

ELISA miller September 26, 2011 | 3:16 PM

Love paranormal activity 1&2 I'm so watching the third one

liz September 26, 2011 | 1:42 PM

The girls are not twins, they're just sisters. Just FYI...

AllieKat September 26, 2011 | 12:18 PM

We all remember doing the Bloody Mary thing as kids. In fact, if you believe in the paranormal, you can come t the conclusion that the "Bloody Mary" act is just as dangerous (or could be) as using an Ouija board. It DRAWS the spirits from wherever they are (for the sake of simplicity, let's say the spirit world) and immediately brings them forth into our world. So therefore, if this 3rd installment is true to the storyline, the spirit just happened to be there to begin with or "found" them when they did the Bloody Mary thing. The fact of the matter is that the more you believe in act, the more likely the spirit will manifest itself. *gets off soap box*

Danny September 26, 2011 | 11:06 AM

Noonononono and no. If it's guna follow the storyline of the second one, the demon has to come from the girls ancestor who supposedly sold her sole to the devil to b rich n not this bloody Mary rite??? idk I'm just sayin

Allie September 26, 2011 | 11:01 AM

I really hope you're right, Justin. I don't think I like the idea of it being based on Bloody Mary all of the sudden. But judging on the figure in the back, it looks like that's where it's headed. Also, I didn't think they were twins? And the video clearly shows two girls of a very different age. Not sure where writer picked up on the twins thing.

marius cornel September 26, 2011 | 10:54 AM

I like 1 and 2,i wait 3

Justin September 26, 2011 | 10:45 AM

Jacob, I'm more inclined to think the scene with Blood Mary will be a faux area where we're meant to think something happens but nothing does - I believe they're just trying to play off of silly childish superstitions and what a child would do. It's more immerse that way, why should 2 8 year old girls think like a think tank of Hollywood writers instead of like 2 8 year olds?

Jacqueline September 26, 2011 | 10:32 AM

Cool I can't wait to see the third paranormal activity. The first two were excellent.

helloween September 26, 2011 | 9:58 AM

like it...oh i cant wait

martha September 26, 2011 | 9:49 AM

I couldn't wait to go watch my favorite scary movie, no matter if I couldn't sleep

JOHANNA September 26, 2011 | 9:39 AM

I love paranormal Activity 1 & 2 looking forword to the 3rd! =)

Jacob September 26, 2011 | 9:38 AM

Honestly, when it comes to stories like these, half the fun is NOT knowing. That and it looks like they are going to use Bloody Mary as the base and show they have no idea of the legend.