Nicolas Cage
Vampire Photo

A photo from the Civil War era looks eerily like Nicolas Cage, leading many to wonder if the actor has otherworldly powers.

Nicolas Cage vampire photo

Nicolas Cage has admitted to some interesting proclivities, but is vampirism among them? The Trespass actor may actually walk among the undead, says an antique photograph dealer.

An eBay auction offered this photograph for sale, bearing an eerie resemblance to the actor. Coincidence? Or is Nicolas Cage a vampire? The dealer thinks the latter.

The listing states:

"Original c.1870 carte de visite showing a man who looks exactly like Nick Cage. Personally, I believe it's him and that he is some sort of walking undead / vampire, et cetera, who quickens / reinvents himself once every 75 years or so. 150 years from now, he might be a politician, the leader of a cult, or a talk show host.

This is not a trick photo of any kind and has not been manipulated in Photoshop or any other graphics program. It's an original photo of a man who lived in Bristol, TN sometime around the Civil War.

I've had a lot of questions asking where I purchased this. As followers of my website know, I collect antique memorial photography -- images of dead people -- from the 1800s. This photo was found in the very back of album that contained an unusual number of Civil War era death portraits (which is why I purchased it). All of the other people in the album, living and dead, were identified by name -- this man was not.

Photographer is Professor G.B. Smith. A contact of mine forwarded this interesting article (link) about the photographer, Smith. Turns out he was a confederate Civil War prisoner of war photographer.

Guaranteed to be an original 1860s-70s photograph and not a modern reproduction, copy or photo manipulation."

The sales listing has since disappeared from eBay. Nicolas Cage actually played a wannabe member of the undead in the 1988 flick Vampire's Kiss, as well as a warlock in The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Obviously the Fudgsicle-wielding intruder is the head vampire come to collect Cage back to the coven.

Image courtesy The Thanatos Archive

read on for more nicolas cage

Diet drives Nicolas Cage's son crazy -- literally

Nicolas Cage in New Orleans bust-up

Nicolas Cage bailed out by Dog the Bounty Hunter

Comments

Comments on "Is Nicolas Cage a Civil War vampire?"

billy bob January 06, 2012 | 4:53 PM

That photo is so photoshopped. The head is all strangely angled while the face is full frontal. It doesn't make sense.

VampireHunter September 30, 2011 | 12:36 PM

Fools! Everyone knows vampires can't be photographed!

danni September 26, 2011 | 9:52 AM

It is said that everyone has a twin somewhere in the world. my ma told me that her and my aunt were out looking for my sister they found a girl that looks just like her the only proof she had that she wasn't my sister was her I.d. they pick her up 2 more times after that thinking it was my sister

sam September 25, 2011 | 8:56 PM

hey it might be true. i mean in my ninth grade history textbook, there was a girl who looked exactly like me! no joke. it could just be one of his ancestors or something. it doesnt hurt to hav an open mind:)

Alexis September 25, 2011 | 4:38 PM

Ancestor, could have been or be... Vampire, I think not... looked photoshopped when this first aired on the news though... Just like the infamous question, "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? The world may never know... :-)

Fredric September 25, 2011 | 2:56 PM

Nah....if he really had hundreds of years of practice, he'd be able to deliver his lines far better than he does in most of his dismal films.

Prina September 24, 2011 | 11:39 PM

i say impossible first then I say even if it was true. Why would he make his self famous.. where there are over 5,000 pictures of himself. Weird and funny story but history does tell us that often over centuries people will or can look similar to people of the past. Trust me.. my Landlord looks just like Maya Angelo.. and she not dead yet!!!

Scott September 23, 2011 | 8:19 PM

Three words: Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Jes September 23, 2011 | 6:58 PM

All you people picking apart this photo about the way it looks know that cameras back in the 1800's were NOTHING like the cameras we have today right??? People would have to sit completely still for minutes at a time for it to even look right. It took a lot of work just for one picture. (as far as the vampire thing goes...dont they drink blood or something???

om September 23, 2011 | 11:42 AM

I thought Vampires didn't age. Cage still looks good but he is aging.

Jennifer September 22, 2011 | 9:09 AM

You all seem to forget that Nicholas Cage has funny elfish pinned back ears.

Melissa September 20, 2011 | 12:26 PM

You can tell it's photoshopped because the larger ear on one side implies that the original face was turning to the side, whereas the Nic Cage photo was clearly pasted on, awkwardly looking forward. Whoever photoshopped this didn't do a very good job lol!

Silver September 20, 2011 | 8:46 AM

This is a photo of a real person, wither it's Nicolas Cage as a vampire or just a guy that surprisingly looks like him is unknown. Either way it is an interesting photograph and would be a good collectible.

Annunaki Inheritance September 20, 2011 | 2:55 AM

This guy is definitely our Nicholas Cage of Today!, he was someone else in those days, he has inherited the DNA of longetivity due to some mutation or directly as his linkage to the Annunaki of ancient Sumeria and is lucky for this, imagine yourself finding out that you didn't age like everyone else. there are more people on Earth who are in the same situation, they too do not age as fast as the normal human. He has to find a way to survive throughout the ages and here he is reinventing himself as an actor acting out roles that he is so very well accustomed to doing because he is actually being himself.

diablo September 20, 2011 | 12:21 AM

Who knows, who cares but if he decides to make a civil war movie, the photo could be used in the opening credits ;)

Bcm September 19, 2011 | 11:45 PM

Nose and ears don't match. Maybe a relative though, very interesting.

Magic September 19, 2011 | 10:30 PM

Let me guess, Elvis took the picture too right? Pathetic...media please stop, its offensive to intelligent people.

RuH Khan September 19, 2011 | 10:15 PM

Face is borrowed from Cage. Ears- not. Face & Ears have different directions. Cage's real ears are very long. Hope they dint evolve from a much rounder shape over the decades.....! LOL.I could've made it a lot more realistic! Would anyone like to hire me!???

leila September 19, 2011 | 10:10 PM

i can tell this is photoshopped :)

Bev September 19, 2011 | 10:03 PM

Actually "unknown" according to analysis it is not Photoshopped. Some people really do look like each other. http://errorlevelanalysis/permalink/01e6fbb/