Can Bobbi Kristina Sing?

Bobbi Kristina, by birthright, has an audience at her fingertips. The 18-year-old daughter of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown shared a little video cover of Adele and already near 150,000 fans have taken a listen!

Bobbi Kristina Brown is not your average 18-year-old with a soft spot for Adele songs. When the daughter of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown shares an a capella cover of Someone Like You the world hits 'play' to hear her voice.

Bobbi Kristina Brown

Can Bobbi Kristina belt it out like her mother, Whitney Houston? The verdict -- remains out. Fans viewing the teen's cover of Adele seem split between gushing with support or spewing a bit of Internet hate.

In response to the video of Bobbi Kristina singing from what looks to be her bedroom one commenter wrote, "Bobbi you can SING! You are the product of royalty but you have your own style & I'm feeling you."

While another said bluntly,"Wouldnt even make it through the first set of auditions on Idol. And I cant understand how she can have that gap in her teeth…Wow…not being cruel…just shocked, but I guess if your parents smoke crack, why would they worry about what their kids' teeth look like?"

Could Bobbi Kristina have known her bedroom cover of Adele would reach near 150,000 views, thus inviting both critique and commentary? With only 7,000 Twitter followers it's hard to say if she could have known just how big her video would become.

Bobbi Kristina wrote Monday, "Good afternoon all ! Eeeek been hearing A LOT about that little tiny video I put up. . That was a joke, just wanted you all to hear me once. IF I keep singing, you ALLL will hear A LOT more from me. .WAYY BETTER, TRUST me. Hope the lover's of the world are READY!"

We're just happy to see her be in the headlines for something other than a drug scandal!

What do you think of Bobbi Kristina's Adele cover?

Comments

Comments on "Whitney Houston's daughter covers Adele for 150,000 fans"

SAB April 07, 2012 | 12:40 PM

I think she sounds good for a singing on her bed in a phone. This girl has potential but she has to work for it. People are going to compare her to her mom so she has to work hard.

toni February 13, 2012 | 10:52 AM

Bobbi Kristina has probably stayed in the shadows because it is impossible for her not to be compared on all levels to her Mom. People are so cruel. I don't know what growing up was like but reading the mean comments, I can understand why she stayed in the shadows. If we were to get the criticism we give so freely, most would be addicts themselves.

Sue October 03, 2011 | 9:07 AM

Her voice could be good if she stop smoking, not enough air and can't control well Mother and father can sing, doesn't mean she can sing

Trinigirl September 22, 2011 | 5:53 PM

has potential

ljoy September 21, 2011 | 9:21 PM

no whitney is right but she has a trained voice

Princess P. September 15, 2011 | 12:37 AM

Bobbi Kristina has a nice, melodic, raspy voice. She can sing. She is holding back but I can feel and note the power she holding back in her voice. This song by Adele is not an easy song. Some of the notes are difficult, both in power and key note. Bobbi Kristina sings better than most young ones her age on the in the music business. Very talented young lady. Don't hold back next time....let it flow!!!! Great job.

mali September 14, 2011 | 8:11 AM

I think she has a lot of potential and I like her voice. I actually think she sounds better than one ex-teen country vocalists that hss won a Grammy. She needs our support, not our put-downs!

Kathy September 14, 2011 | 6:09 AM

Well, I listened to this song and thought not bad, but not good, especially after clicking on Adele and listening to her sing it. No comparison. Not to be mean but "Krissi" as she likes to be called needs to close that gap in her teeth, not attractive at all, and slim up that nose. Because these celebrity kids (just because mom and dad sing) doesn't mean she can sing can at least do those few things and not have people critize her. Try another song "Krissi" or just find something else to do. Stand on your own feet and not in the shadow of your parents.

djkimya September 13, 2011 | 11:04 AM

This was tweet video..no studio, no back drops..just natural ability that she shared..How many people cover her mom's tunes?..I think that your article is sarcastic and comes from a mean place..Bobbi Kristina as she stated will be back with the real deal..in the meantime chill!

Room for Progress September 13, 2011 | 10:48 AM

Very nice. She's no Whitney but she was good. She's sounds better than alot of todays headliners. Now a days all you need to be a singer is looks, no brains and no talent. That child has potential. With all the negative remarks no wonder the world is the way it is. We all have room for progress. Instead of all the hate maybe people should tell her wat they think should be worked on in a positive way. Each one Teach one ppl.

taylor September 13, 2011 | 9:01 AM

agree better in the news for something positive , sounds pretty god