Live With Kathie
And Kelly!?

Regis Philbin is gearing up to exit his post from Live With Regis and Kelly – and there are reports that ABC would love Kathie Lee Gifford to fill his spot.

Would you watch Live with Kathie and Kelly? Regis Philbin will be leaving his show Live With Regis and Kelly on November 18th, 2011 – and there have been many speculations as to who would replace him, including Kelly Rippa's husband Mark Conseulos.

Kathie Lee Gifford, Regis Philbin, Kelly Rippa

New reports are suggesting that ABC would love to make ratings gold by bringing back Kathie Lee Gifford, who is currently on the Today show.

"They would love to be able to tempt Kathie Lee back. It would be a huge TV event, returning to the show she started with Regis," an ABC source reports. "Plus, at the end of the day, TV is all about ratings and no one that has filled in for Regis has generated anywhere near [the] ratings or buzz they had hoped."

NBC says that Gifford is currently locked into her contract at Today's Kathie Lee & Hoda. "The folks at Live! are desperately trying to reach the level of success that the 'Today' show has. Their ratings have not been good," a source reports. "Kathie is firmly under contract for NBC."

Tell us: Would like you to see Kathie Lee Gifford return to Live?

Comments

Comments on "Kathie Lee Gifford to replace Regis Philbin on Live ?"

Nancy April 24, 2012 | 7:41 AM

I can't stand KLG I will turn the channel if she's even in a commercial. She's such a fake and the world is all about her....no one can get a word in when she's in the conversation.....oh my yes she's sooo perfect!!!!! I won't watch any show that she is on no matter who her partner is... I love Kelley and Koda!!!

Gabriella January 25, 2012 | 7:53 AM

Yeah, that would be something to watch. Let Kelly Ripa and her big mouth be booted off the show. Never could stand her, she is waaaay overrated and she always looks like a deer caught in the headlights. Like she knows she is not worthy of neither the money nor the attention. She can't figure out how she got there.....get rid of her.

K papajohn October 12, 2011 | 12:09 PM

Kathie Lee and Hoda make the best team on morning TV - EVER! To break them up would be a crime that is almost morally reprehensible!

Joan Connolly September 29, 2011 | 8:32 PM

Why would young, lively, currant and pretty Kelly Ripka want to sit next to an older woman with totally different views of everyone's daily life? I always felt she is very convinced of her own talent and beauty and is not reluctant to showcase the same talents and beauty of her children. That can be very boring to most people. I see Kelly cohost as a young man with equal humor and sparkle in her age bracket.Her husband, Ryan Seacrest, Russell Brand was non-stop laughing. Actually, she shines with all the male co-hosts sitting in for Regis. Not Kathy Lee. Big Mistake. Whose running that show?

Jane Rogers September 25, 2011 | 1:10 PM

I can't even imagine that they would consider asking Kathie Lee to come back...and when I saw the Enquirer front page, I didn't put any stock into it. After reading other posts about the possibility, I still find it hard to take seriously....and for NBC to say that "Kathie Lee & Hoda" is more popular (and has higher ratings) than "Live with Regis & Kelly" is very hard for me to believe. I have enjoyed the show so much more with Kelly in the co-host seat (and was actually glad when Kathie Lee left)...she is much more down-to-earth & "real" than Kathie Lee, who I have always perceived as being "full of herself". I am a loyal viewer, since Kelly came on board, but if Kathie Lee comes back, I wouldn't even bother turning it on. Please let NBC keep her...thanks!!

Annie Rodgers September 14, 2011 | 6:47 AM

I'd quit watching the show if Kathie Lee came back! I'd rather see Tom Bergeron or Mark ( Kelly's husband)

Lisa Martin September 12, 2011 | 7:19 AM

Kathy Lee Gifford would dominate the show and leave Kelly Ripa behind. Kathy talks too much about herself and would never listen to anyone else's point of view. She is like the show "The View" where everyone talks and they never listen to each other for fear some one will care what they have to say!!!!

Tina Steffes September 12, 2011 | 2:09 AM

Absalutly not. She is too brass and full of herself. I think we know all we care to about Cathy Lee. Having Mark replace Regis would be far more interresting for the viewers as people love seeing Kelly and Mark together.Entertaining conversation and very down to earth.

sara September 11, 2011 | 1:35 PM

NO PLEASE NOT HER. She is so stuck on herself and was so happy when she left. PLEASE !!!!

peggy frankenhoff September 10, 2011 | 6:44 PM