No Talk For Peete

CBS decides to move on with The Talk minus Holly Robinson Peete. Read on for the details.

Another host of The Talk bites the dust!

Holly Robinson Peete will not be returning to The Talk when it returns this fall.

Peete turned to her blog to address the rumors that were swirling around in regards to her future with the CBS show.

What's hot in fall TV>>

She wrote, "After weeks in limbo, I was finally 'officially' given word from CBS today that I have not been picked up for the 2nd season of The Talk."

She went on to write, "While I am relieved to have this closure, it doesn't diminish my disappointment one bit about not continuing with a show I worked very hard to launch and love dearly. But I've been around long enough to know that while you cannot control certain situations you CAN control how you respond to them."

Knowing full well the power of moving on in a professional manner, Holly Robinson Peete thanked CBS and her fans, saying, "I want to thank the viewers and those who supported and rallied around me and expressed appreciation for the humor and heart I attempted to bring to the table. You lifted me!"

She added, "Just know that I will never stop speaking for you and sharing your stories. EVER."

Will you watch the show minus Holly Robinson Peete? There are some decent fill-ins scheduled, like Kris Jenner and Molly Shannon!

Sound off in the comments section about CBS' decision to off another co-host of The Talk.

Tags: cbs1

Comments

Comments on "Holly Robinson Peete officially exits The Talk"

Rena December 02, 2011 | 9:09 PM

I just started back watching the show in November, however, Holly is really missing. Holly and Sharon together were great, their chemistry seemed good as well as with Julie. Leah sometimes could be a bit much, but she balanced the show due to her expereinces. The new girl that sit in Leah seat is very funny and I could see how she would balance the show, but not the other lady that sit next to Julie. It is a shame that Holly is gone. If Julie had something to do with it, shame on her. She is not that appealing for those types of shows, so she did good to have a Holly next to her to balance her and bring her out. I am very disappointed with CBS for not saying anything. Any Darlene, she really needs to be gone. she does not add anything to the show.

carolyn November 27, 2011 | 8:42 PM

bring back Holly and Leah. CBS should have let us know they weren't coming back. I agree with the previous comments. I don't agree with the name calling of Julie, I like her. The new Co-Host are boring, and Holly brought class to the show and Leah was real FUNNY, her replacement needs to go, as she's not funny at all. Because of the change up I don't watch The Talk as often anymore.

samantha November 19, 2011 | 10:18 PM

while i like holly she just didnt fit in with this show..hope she does well otherwise..as for leah she was kind of ignorant and tried to hard..i will not miss her on the show at all..i will continue watching now that the ignorance has left the building

Mary Prince November 10, 2011 | 1:08 PM

are you kidding me...cbs let the best two on the show go, they were the only reason I watched the show...julie should have never been on there and sara who is she they should have been fired watch out Sharon you may be next because she has much more class than julie or sara will ever have an ex talk fan I will be watching Judge Joe Brown

jacques williams November 09, 2011 | 12:17 PM

You could tell from the beginning that the hosts were not well put together.The women didn't have chemistry that flowed.Leah was there because she once had a hit show on cbs ,she's not talk-show material.Holly ,although,was good ,she seemed like a fish out of water at times.The execs @cbs is at fault they should have done their research to get more compatiable personalities working daily together!

Lolo November 03, 2011 | 1:30 PM

Very very dissappointed. Holly and Leah made the show! Julie, shame shame shame.

Marnie October 26, 2011 | 9:03 PM

I loved Holly and thought she was one of the best on the show. The replacements don't even come close to her. You have just lost a viewer...I deleted all the shows I taped without watching them. Julie you are a pain in the a...and you need to go. Unfortunately that won't happen because you're sleeping with the boss.

Sheila October 25, 2011 | 1:00 PM

I am very dissapointed about Holly and Leah not being on the show anymore I Will have to watch something else or watch them on a new show WILL NOT WATCH THE TALK IT IS DEAD WITHOUT leah and HOLLY

Mary MCausland October 10, 2011 | 9:50 PM

CBS - What were you thinking????? Leah and Holly were the best. I always looked so forward to watching the show. Not anymore, I too, deleted it from my DVR.I thought the decision not to mention their absence was not a classy thing to do. Not A Fan Anymore.

Mary Love October 10, 2011 | 1:19 PM

How about bringing Holly and Leah back and firing the Chen ? Can't stand the show anymore, used to look forward to watching, now can't stand the sight of Chen!! That show is in the toilet now! RUN Sharon! It's not becoming of you to still be there! There is no saving this piece of trash without Holly and Leah. I will NEVER watch anything to do with Chen!

lala October 06, 2011 | 6:51 PM

I think this is the dumbest thing ever , Leah and Holly mad that show worth watching no offence too the rest of the women but come on CBS get your head out of your butt!!!!!!!!

Judy October 05, 2011 | 11:33 AM

I am just so disappointed in CBS with the replacement of Holly and Leah! I always loved Julie. I have followed her for years. If the rumors are true that she thought they were getting all the attention she was wrong. I also DVR The Talk and couldn't wait to see it each day. I won't be watching it any longer. So sad to have a hit show and destroy it this way!

Wendy October 03, 2011 | 6:30 AM

A rating killer for sure!! I have tuned out since the disappointing changes. Holly and Leah made the show! If there was any behind the scenes tension, it never showed on stage! Oh and, Kris Jenner?! REALLY!! sorry I just do not get it. I liked this show better than ' The View" not anymore : ( ; (

susan October 03, 2011 | 5:43 AM

Bring back holly an remini the show not the same that sad

Linda Mentele September 30, 2011 | 12:58 PM

I was very disappointed to see that Holly and Leah are not on the Talk anymore. I think this is a big loss for the show. Just when everyone was getting to know the group- there are new people!!! Not a good decision!

Nicole September 29, 2011 | 11:59 AM

BRING BACK HOLLY AND LEAH!

valerie September 29, 2011 | 8:37 AM

why holly and leah gone they were the show you can laugh with these girls i can't look at this show anymore i will looking at jeremy kyle show

douglas September 28, 2011 | 12:16 PM

The hilariousness is gone, I like to laugh and without Holly, humorous and smart, and Leah, crazy, funny and well loved, I will not watch! Took it off my Tivo, I will laugh somewhere else. By the way "Darlene" could not be more monotone or boring, why does she get to stay? A big dud and not at all a woman of the people, no one cares about her boring motherhood life.

elle September 27, 2011 | 12:10 PM

I used to DVR The Talk, also. I loved Leah and Holly. Leah made me laugh every single day, and pretty much every time words came out of her mouth, which made the show that much more fun. I can't believe Leah and Holly's absence hasn't been acknowledged, by CBS or any of the remaining hosts, to the fans! Thats just foul play IMO. I used to like The Talk way more than The View, but although I like Kris Jenner, I think I'll just go back to The View. They may talk over each other but at least they seem like a solid unit, who wont backstab each other. This whole situation is just weird.

Kim September 27, 2011 | 9:53 AM

I have removed the automatic record from my DVR. This show is terrible now!