Miranda Lambert Reveals Affair

Miranda Lambert tells Dateline intimate details of her relationship with Blake Shelton.

Miranda Lambert Blake Shelton

If you were attracted to a guy you knew was married, would you consider him off-limits? Miranda Lambert says despite the fact that Blake Shelton was still married when they met, she still had feelings for him..

The country singer told Dateline that when she met Blake Shelton it was pretty much love at first site, even though she told herself it was wrong..

"I knew he was married," Lambert told Hoda Kotb. "I had seen their wedding picture in Country Weekly. I knew better, like this is off-limits... Because my parents are private investigators, for God's sakes. I've seen this my whole life, affairs. And I'm like, 'If all people didn't know better, I know better than this.'"

"I didn't know what to do with it," said Lambert. "It was like my first duet with some other country star. And I didn't know if it was just initial butterflies because of that or, I don't know what it was. It was just this draw to each other."

Lambert and Shelton married in May. Any ladies thinking of singing a duet with Shelton and developing feelings for him now should be reminded that the girl knows her way around a gun -- she shot the deer meat served at the couple's wedding herself.

Image courtesy Adriana M. Barraza / WENN.com

Tags: dateline

Comments

Comments on "Miranda Lambert didn't care that Blake Shelton was married"

missy February 15, 2014 | 1:08 AM

as good as blake looks Miranda you better watch out for me.

Stephanie April 10, 2013 | 11:38 PM

I am so glad there are other people who feel the way I do. I don't care for Miranda she is a ego maniac she is a cheater and a home wrecker. I hated the way she criticised Chris Brown yes it was wrong but its not her place to think she is so perfect. I hope one day she knows what it feels like. I don't like her music at all.

kandylynn March 17, 2013 | 9:11 PM

This headline and the whole article are written wrongly! She fell head over heels in love with him--but she knew he was married so she purposely did NOT act on her feelings until his other marriage was over. It is so wrong to try to make a juicy story out of this by using these headlines when it is just plain false.

Noel February 13, 2013 | 8:15 AM

People are reading into this story things that aren't there. She described a crush or "love at first sight" not an affair. She was speaking for herself when she said love at first sight. You can't help who you fall for and it doesn't sound like she acted on her feelings so wheres the wrong here? Doesn't sound like she acted on her feelings because she knew it was wrong. If she didn't have an affair she doesn't owe his exwife anything. If they got together too soon after divorce thats on him. People are also making up there own timeline here too.

Cyndi January 19, 2013 | 2:21 PM

I don't usually pay attention to celeb's lives that they live. I thought that Miranda and Blake were great. Now that I know that they had an affair, shame on both of them. I don't care what their reasons were. Unless you have gone threw it, you don't understand. IF they messed around while he was still married, IF he divorced due to this attraction to Miranda, I hope that they get what they deserve. B/c when you take those vows, they are to be taken to heart. For better for worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, forsaking all others till death us do part!!!!

Norma Jean June 05, 2012 | 10:57 AM

Miranda, what he does WITH you, he will do TO you. Just sayin...........

Spam Eater May 10, 2012 | 8:06 PM

I heard Miranda Lambert make a statement in an interview the other day that made it very clear that she considers her self overly important. She said something to the effect that she just can't even go out in public in Nashville anymore without being mobbed due to her celebriy status. Funny, most entertainers, NFL players, etc. say just the opposite. They love it here because people usually don't give them a second look when they go to the grocery or something. Plenty of them give that as the reason they make this their permanent home. Note to Miranda: You ain't nuthin special. Eric Crouch was right. Too bad he apologized for stating the truth.

kelly April 02, 2012 | 12:14 PM

Miranda is Fake. SHe was wrong and that is why she is jealous and possisive its all over the net on how she treated him on the grammy nite... lady gaga and reanna should put her in her places with the BS she was doing. Blake is gonna wise up... and they aint gonna last.. its badd juju.. to with someone why they married... KCK

kristen March 10, 2012 | 8:48 PM

omg you people are so stupid. this story isnt even the complete truth. Blake and his wife kaynette were already in the process of getting a divorce for other reasons before blake even met miranda. when him and his wife finalized the divorced miranda and blake got together, obvi because they are perfect for eachother

Madalyn March 08, 2012 | 6:58 PM

Betty, that was so funny! I love how people actually believe that there was nothing going on before the divorce...there totally was. I use to love Miranda, but this really upset me and made me look at her different, also I noticed since the Grammy win, she really let herself go. It's almost as if she said "Oh look I've made it & im married now~so I don't have to take care of myself"~she looks sloppy and frumpy and it's all just weird that her image went that way. She needs to remember she will not always be on top & she needs to work it while she's hot on the market...

jane February 20, 2012 | 11:39 AM

So Miranda can have an affair, "knowing its wrong" yet stomps around the music world acting as though she is GOD? Miandan's ridiculous racist publicity stunt against 22-yr-old Chris Brown is simply disgusting. She complained about Chris Brown performing & winning a Grammy because THREE YEARS AGO AS A TEENAGER he had ONE FIGHT, yet she applauded a tribute to GLEN CAMPBELL? The same Glen Campbell who famously knocked Tanya Tucker's two front teeth out during a routine "beat down". Wow, I'm almost speechless at the hypocrisy!Unclean, nasty ,lowclass, smut, THOU SHALL NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOR'S SPOUSE!

luke February 16, 2012 | 2:54 PM

I know Miranda thinks she's hot, but she looks like a thumb to me. I love country music but always turn off a video on the tv or a song on the radio that are hers. She's just not that good a singer, and and definitely is NOT easy on the eyes

B January 06, 2012 | 8:49 PM

Shame on Blake And Miranda!!! This is one reason there are so many divorces today! People don't Take marriage as serious as they should! Blake made vows before hisWIFE and GOD an when life sucks at times and so pretty or y little girl feels butterflies you don't give Up on your family you wife an marriage! You deal with it and work on making it #1 Mr.Blake not your music or your new FRIEND MIRANDA! ( oh right! New wife)LOL! God forbid This marriage has issues and it will my friend every marriage does and are you going to keep your vows. Like you did too your 1st wife? ?? Something that will always be in the back of Mirandas mind and every hot woman you have a friendship with will to! And it should! She was wrong to be close friends with a married man she wanted for her self! Even if she didn't say it out load she might as well

Jenn December 29, 2011 | 8:08 AM

To back up Miranda because I've met her and been a fan for years. She is a beautiful person and I honestly believe her and Blake both have a heart of gold. Blake admitted before even meeting Miranda that his marriage was over. Miranda had no part in the break up. And yes she admitted he knew he was married but notice she also said she knew she had to stay away and be nothing but friends. They remained friends until his divorce was final and then began dating. People just can't accept the fact that a separated man can have a friend and even of they end up together after the divorce is final that doesn't mean the two had an affair or make Miranda a homewrecker. The two were made for each other and time has proved that

CarrieU. December 05, 2011 | 7:33 PM

Blake Shelton should have known better. Obviously he did not take his marriage vows for real? If he left one wife, what is to say he won't leave Miranda for someone more attractive? His first wife was the one who stood by her man through thick and thin and this is what her reward was. Pathetic entertainers!

MirandaIsWrong December 05, 2011 | 7:28 PM

Miranda is a homewrecker! Miranda is a homewrecker! Does this young lady have NO morals! This is definately wrong!

Brittany November 01, 2011 | 8:33 AM

people are dumb. I love Miranda Lambert, and will always be a fan. Thats what a true fan would do ;) Just sayin

KELLIE October 30, 2011 | 2:56 AM

WOW, TO ALL YOU HATERS OUT THERE WHO HAVE LEAPED ONTO THE JUDGMENT WAGON, HOW DARE YOU PUT HER DOWN FOR FOLLOWING HER HEART!FOR ANYONE OF YOU TO ACT AS IF YOU COULD OR WOULD DENY YOURSELF TRUE LOVE IS REALLY UNBELIEVABLY SAD.WE ARE ALL HUMAN AND SOMETIMES WE DONT ALWAYS GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME THATS WHY GOD GAVE US ALL SECOND CHANCES!

Lindsay September 09, 2011 | 9:29 PM

WOW, this stupid article made Miranda out as a homewrecker which she is not! during the WHOLE interview Miranda said that her and Blake decided to JUST be FRIENDS and NOTHING MORE! Then she went on to say that she told Blake, she could no longer hang out with him because she didnt want her feeling's for him to grow! Miranda did NOT steel Blake from his Ex wife... he chose to leave

Mellissa August 31, 2011 | 10:27 PM

Looks like Miranda just lost me as a fan and I wont be buying her albums she is a homewrecker so adios!