Megan Fox
Tattoo Regret

Megan Fox fans may have noticed that the Marilyn Monroe tattoo on her right arm is fading away. The starlet recently explained why she is having that iconic symbol removed.

Megan fox Marilyn Monroe tattoo

Former Transformers actress Megan Fox is over her Marilyn Monroe tattoo, telling the Italian magazine Amica it attracts negative energy. The ink, which is a portrait of Marilyn on Fox's right arm, has been slowly fading away recently and the 24-year-old actress confirmed she is having it removed.

"I'm removing it," Fox says in the interview. "It is a negative character, as she suffered from personality disorders and was bipolar. I do not want to attract this kind of negative energy in my life."

What is interesting to note is that back in 2009, Fox said that was the exact reason she got the tattoo! "I really admire Marilyn Monroe, but I would never try to emulate her. I got the tattoo as a warning." She told Us Weekly. "It warns me not to let myself be treated so badly by the film industry so that it breaks me down."

Even though her Marilyn tattoo is going away, the actress still has plenty of other tattoos including her Shakespearean quote on her right shoulder, reading "We will all laugh at gilded butterflies." She also has tattooed on her ribs, "There once was a little girl who never knew love until a boy broke her heart." She also has a chinese symbol on her neck and a crescent moon on her ankle.

Fox admits she also did away with her belly button piercing, calling it "tacky."

"I did it when I was 16-years-old because I was a fan of Britney Spears. The only time I tried to imitate someone else. But then I thought it was tacky and so I removed it when I turned 20."

Comments

Comments on "Megan Fox removing Marilyn tattoo because she was “bipolar”"

Tiffeny October 17, 2013 | 7:19 PM

This is so unfortunate. I actually liked Megan Fox, well not a lot but I had nothing to hate on her for, but she walked straight into this one. I can honestly say after this I will not be supporting her career in any way and I love movies but this is really low. So I will make sure not to watch her movies speak of her or read of her. I am not the type to hate on celebs in fact I feel bad usually when others do. I think a lot of ppl will do it out of jealousy or for just really stupid reasons. I mean I feel more for the Kardashians then Megan now. At least they try to make ppl believe they have good intentions and hearts ( even if it is not true). This was just mean and cold I would not be surprised if she loses many fans after this,not that she had to many to start with but you know. Seeing since many ppl are bipolar and even more just have some type of mental illness, this was the wrong thing to say. She should have just said I am not liking the tattoo anymore would have been much more simple.

Karen November 06, 2011 | 8:02 AM

As a bipolar person who has dealt with this illness for many years, I am profoundly offended and disgusted by her statement. Not only was Marilyn Monroe a tortured soul who tried to overcome her problems (and who diagnosed her as bipolar when it wasn't even labelled in the 60's - although she probably was?), and was successful despite her demons. I have always loved Marilyn and what she accomplished. As Dylan said, there have been many, MANY artists who, in hindsight or currently, were/are most likely bipolar. For instance, Van Gogh, Beethoven, Schumann, Kurt Cobain, Ray Davies, Carrie Fisher, Mel Gibson, Vivien Leigh, Florence Nightingale (not an artist, but a very talented person), Ozzy Osbourne, Edgar Allen Poe, and Virginia Wolfe, just to name a few. They all have or had more creative talent in their little fingers than Ms. Fox ever will in her entire body. Besides being shallow and uncaring about a lifelong disease, Megan Fox just showed her lack of compassion, education, and her self-centered personality. I can't even pity her for her stupidity. Try educating yourself before you put a label of "negative energy" on people. You never know who in your life might be bipolar.

Jackie August 23, 2011 | 6:29 PM

People who have personality disorders and bipolar is not negative !!!! So to make a statement that you do not want to attract negative energy in your life. You are a negative UNEDUCATED PERSON.

Zelda Jones August 22, 2011 | 11:37 PM

I've always thought Megan Fox was nothing but a vain, dumb, shallow, air headed, small and mean minded idiot. This just clinches it. What kind of a message is she trying to send by doing this? May karma bite this on the bum.

Angie August 22, 2011 | 8:25 PM

Hmm, those of us who suffer from Bipolar would love to just wash away the negativity! I have a fire and ice ying-yang on my wrist not only to cover scars but to remind me that I am NOT DEFINED by my bipolar... it would do you some good Miss Fox to understand that life happens to people and your speaking the way you have is what has led to the stigma that we suffer from everyday from closed minded people as yourself, Bipolar is something you would never understand or apparently even try. If you are the example of normal, I do believe I will take my Bipolar!

charles August 22, 2011 | 5:47 PM

lame t!

Sparky August 22, 2011 | 5:41 PM

Disposable statement by a soulless disposable person.

Robin Wiley August 22, 2011 | 5:26 PM

Some of the world's most brilliant artists are bipolar. Cleearly, Megan Fox (whoever she is) is not one of them.

dayne August 22, 2011 | 5:22 PM

Poor fool. Its no wonder- she has the emotional range of a battery chicken

Dylan August 22, 2011 | 5:16 PM

bipolar eh? poor fool. you have the emotional range of a battery chicken so it comes as no surprise that you lay such a stigma on people who have more soul than you- of the greatest artists in the world

nikki August 22, 2011 | 4:58 PM

Sounds like she needs an excuse to be fickle about her skin art. Don't perpetuate the stigma of mental illness. Uneducated and reprehensible.