Janie Lane
Dead At 47

Celebrities, including Slash, Bret Michaels and Nikki Sixx, are reacting to the death of Warrant frontman Jani Lane.

Cherry Pie singer Janie Lane, who was frontman of the '80s hair band Warrant,  was found dead at a Comfort Inn in Woodland Hills, CA. He leaves behind his wife, Kimberly, and four children.The cause of death has yet to be determined, however the 47-year-old singer has struggled with alcohol addiction in the past.

Jani Lane and Slash

"Jani will be missed by all," a statement says on his website. "Very unexpected and tragic news of his untimely death. Jani just wrote the updated bio (himself) and had been recording lots of new music. God bless him."

Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash tweeted his sadness over the death of his friend. "Just heard about Jani Lane. What a shame. RIP man," he tweeted.

Poison frontman Bret Michaels, who had toured with Warrant in the '80s, tweeted his condolences: "We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss. Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI."

Here are more reactions from celebrities tweeting their condolences:

Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx:  "I just heard the sad news about Janie Lane. So hard to swallow when people have kids. RIP."

Former MTV VJ Martha Quinn: "Super sad news. Jani Lane, dead at 47. His body found in a So Cal hotel. No cause yet. #RIP Jani Lane."

Jennifer Gimenez of VH1's Sober House: "It is very sad and my heart is saddened to hear the news that I lost my lovable friend Jani Lane."

Pro wrestler Chris Jericho: "Sad to hear about the passing of Jani Lane ... Jani was a good guy and one of the best songwriters in the late 80s ... Dog Eat Dog-very underrated."

Comic Jim Florentine: "So sad to hear about the passing of Jani Lane. He just taped an episode of That Metal Show 3 weeks ago and was in great spirits. RIP Buddy."

Josie Steven's of E!'s Married to Rock: "Very sad to hear that Jani Lane passed away, my thoughts and heart go out to his friends, family and fans..."

Now hold your lighters high in the air and sing with me – "Heaven isn't too far away…"

RIP Janie Lane.

Tags: jani lane slash warrant

Comments

Comments on "Slash on death of Warrant’s Jani Lane: What a shame"

christina November 09, 2011 | 4:07 PM

you are loved and deeply missed Jani..Rock On Forever

Raymond September 16, 2011 | 1:36 PM

hard to exspect it. janie ur music was the best, rock fans will never forget you. RIP. THANKS FOR THE 80S

john morrison August 16, 2011 | 10:00 PM

Ya never know how deep the river runs. Music changes, life changes ...sometimes a person feels kinda misplaced and just checks into a comfort inn and reflects . As Tommy Lee once said , the demons sneak under the door and memories take ya down the dark road. It just reminds us how fragile we are .

ninny August 16, 2011 | 8:14 AM

janie ur songs got me threw alot of ruff bad times in my life but god needs u now!

FAST EDDIE WRANGLER August 15, 2011 | 2:47 PM

REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND AND THANK YOU FOR ALL DA SHOWS AND ROCK N ROLL SONGS AND BALLETS U GAVE US U WILL BE MISSED DEARLY. FLY WITH THE ANGLES MY ROCK N ROLL FREIND. P.S SAY WATS UP TO MY GOOD FRIEND KEVIN DEBROW

jerry August 14, 2011 | 12:21 PM

i am so sorry for your lose he will be missed by all in the rock world

penny August 14, 2011 | 11:34 AM

I really hate this i love him in my younger days rip janie heaven is my song to my husden that i have been with sence the song came out i really was a big fan of his and it has hurt me sorry to his famliy u will always have your memories and he was one of the best singer s of rock he was a rocker in my eyes he was the best

PJ August 14, 2011 | 2:44 AM

Buy the CD - Dog Eat Dog. It is underated and has a classic song called Bitter Pill on there. Jani's vocals are AMAZING and the lyrics are even more profound with his death. When he sings >> Life Can Be Beautiful Or A Bitter Pilllllllllllllllll

richard August 13, 2011 | 7:40 AM

oh man... :( rip :'(

Litjmor August 12, 2011 | 5:40 PM

I'm so sorry

Clint & Becky Lanford August 12, 2011 | 11:54 AM

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES

clint lanford August 12, 2011 | 11:18 AM

Very sad RIP janie.I remember good times at dubs bar in gainsville with you joey and the rest of the gang youll be surely missed bro and best wishes to your familly.We all just lost a rock icon.