Mila Kunis: Change Your Body!

Mila Kunis

Have you ever struggled to lose that last 10 pounds? How about 15? Then you're just not trying hard enough, says actress Mila Kunis.

The Black Swan actress, who lost 20 pounds off of her already-slender frame for her role, says that people who can't drop those extra pounds have to really "want to do it."

"I don't think I ever fully realized what a human body is capable of doing," Kunis told Glamour UK.

"I believed I could do anything. I never for one moment thought that I couldn't do it. I believe in hard work. In self-drive and self-worth," Kunis said of the Spartan routine of diet and dance that created her incredible ballerina body.

"Your body can do everything and anything, you just have to want to do it," she said.

How did she transform from ballerina skinny to normal-for-Hollywood-standards girl in Friends With Benefits? A low-carb diet of course, says her trainer.

Image courtesy of Patrick Hoffmann/WENN.com

Comments

Comments on "Mila Kunis says it's your fault you're fat"

Kris January 03, 2014 | 2:17 PM

What she said was so blown out of proportion by the media. She simply says that you really have to want to lose weight in order to actually shed the pounds. She's speaking from her own personal experiences. Don't be those ignorant individuals who believe everything you hear, word for word... Come on now.

Angela October 28, 2013 | 5:00 PM

A perfect of example of how the media twists an opinion of a celebrity just to get a stirred reaction from people. "Mila Kunis says it's your fault you're fat" and "Mila Kunis says that people who claim they can't lose weight just aren't trying hard enough." Kunis didn't say either of those things. In an interview, she simply reflected on her own experience of losing weight for a movie role and how she discovered that the body is more capable of weight loss than she had realized. She never made any sort of direct statement about people trying to lose weight or imply that weight loss was easy, just that it isn't impossible. Look at your sources before you start criticizing someone for something they didn't say.

gloria August 17, 2011 | 3:17 PM

Too bad about your brain problem, Mila!

susan August 17, 2011 | 3:14 PM

Mila, I wish you all the joys of a weight problem as you age, lose your trainer, have to go to work every day like the rest of us, and can't afford any plastic surgery on top of that. Try seeing how the rest of the world has to live before you make such statements. And wait until the day that the world finds out about your secret shame - everyone has one - and someone is lovely enough to tell you that you could get rid of it with some hard work and willpower. I used to think you were pretty great; now I have lost respect for you....too bad you opened your mouth!

jill e August 17, 2011 | 9:40 AM

I sorta agree with her...but she is also young and I could lose weight pretty easy at her age too. Now at 45 it is 3x harder so wait til she gets older and see what she says then.

Christy August 10, 2011 | 1:13 PM

I do agree that we are certainly responsible for our diets and whether we exercise, but I don't think a healthy person who can afford a trainer and who doesn't have to go to a day job should really talk too much about what "anyone" can do. P.S. Ableist much?

Bridget August 10, 2011 | 6:27 AM

I wish what Mila Kunis said was the case but there are medical conditions such as hypothyroid which make it so that you can gain weight *very* easily and also make it *very* difficult to lose weight despite hardest efforts.