Mel Gibson Gets With Ex For A Party

Mel Gibson and his ex-wife got together this weekend to celebrate the birthdays of two very special girls.

Mel Gibson joins twins and ex-wife for birthday party

With all the bad news surrounding Mel Gibson lately, it's hard to remember that he's done some really good things for children's causes -- and he doesn't seek publicity from it.

An example? Take the case of once-conjoined Guatemalan twins, Maria de Jesus and Maria Teresa. The pair -- separated in 2002 at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center -- was connected by their skulls and doctors had to skillfully maneuver to untangle their blood vessels. The whole surgery took 23 hours.

It's quite a story in itself, but what you probably didn't know is that Mel Gibson and his now ex-wife, Robyn, financed the surgeries through the Mending Kids organization. The children's parents wouldn't have been able to afford the $1.5 million surgery otherwise.

The girls just turned 10 this past weekend -- and the Gibsons reunited to help them celebrate. Both girls live with host families in the United States now to deal with their ongoing health issues.

We really love hearing good things about the Braveheart actor -- namely, that he actually has a heart. The vicious verbal attacks against his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva makes it hard to believe there's one still ticking in there.

Gibson also just celebrated five years sober. The catalyst for his change? His infamous drunk driving arrest in 2006.

"It's one terribly awful moment in time, said to one person in the span of one day, and doesn't represent what I truly believe or how I've treated people my entire life," Gibson said earlier this year of his personal troubles.

Image courtesy of WENN.com

Does this change your view of Mel Gibson at all?

Read on for more Mel Gibson

Oksana Grigorieva drops domestic violence claim against Mel Gibson
Mel Gibson strikes plea deal
Winona Ryder exposes more Mel Gibson loathsomeness

Comments

Comments on "Mel Gibson and ex-wife get back together… sort of"

Sara Parsons January 17, 2014 | 7:11 AM

If he and the mother plus their kids, it could possibly save this very talented man's life.

Barb September 01, 2011 | 3:11 PM

Mel and Robyn share 7 children and lots of beautiful memories. Oksana wasn't his first dalliance, and she won't be his last. Families should stay together whenever possible; it's best for all concerned. I'm not saying it's easy to be Mel Gibson, and I know it's hard to resist all the adoring women, but he needs his wife. She kept him grounded; without her, he is a mess. Go home, Mel.

rhonda August 09, 2011 | 7:10 PM

mel and his wife should get back together. that he fell for was just that; a . thats what happens when a man falls for temptation.

cb August 09, 2011 | 2:53 PM

I have always been a fan of Mel Gibson and I know he still loves Robyn.Remember they have 7 children together and nothing and nobody can change that.There will always be a bond between them.I agree with EHALL and MILKA.If I were Robyn I would not be able to totally trust Mel again even if I still loved him.Time can heel wounds; there is always hope for both of them.

Milka August 09, 2011 | 1:36 PM

It is nice to hear about the man that he was before. Robyn would not have stayed with him all of those years had she not loved him, or understood his problems. I always felt that he was manic-depressive and no one ever thought of that. His biggest mistake was getting involved with Oksana, who also manipulated the situation to her advantage. Personally, I think he knows he made a big mistake and he stills loves Robyn, but the damage is done and I doubt she will want to reconcile with him. I still wish him well, and hope he seeks professional help so he can live out his life with sanity and that he stays away from gold diggers. He is terribly conflicted between his faith and his humanity.

e hall August 09, 2011 | 9:19 AM

I am glad to see Mel is getting his life together. Alcohol and a raging maniac (her) can make for a miserable combination add in a baby and it can become lethal. I know first hand about these situations.