Adam Lambert
Behind The Music

Adam Lambert has declared he is happily in love, even though he can't quite understand why everyone finds his sexuality to be so fascinating.

Adam Lambert, Sauli Koskinen

Adam Lambert is talking love, music and the hot topic of his sexuality on his upcoming VH1 Behind the Music episode. The 29-year-old made famous by being named runner-up during the eighth season of American Idol will get to say his piece this Sunday at 10 p.m.

Adam Lambert in love:

"I've tried to keep that somewhat sacred, as far as that privacy," Adam Lambert tells OK! Magazine. "It's the one thing I have, you know? I think that's not uncommon. A lot of people try to keep that private, but the good news is that I am in love, so that's a good place to be. It's a great time to be making music, I'll tell you."

Check out the tattoos Adam Lambert and Sauli Koskinen had done together>>

Controversy & Behind the Music:

"I think a lot of the controversies that have surrounded my experience... I think part of the reason why they're controversies is because I don't always get to communicate my point of view or where I was coming from, and I think the special really allows me to do that."

On his sexuality in the media:

"One of the things I find a little interesting is how much people want to focus on my sexuality. To this day, I guess, I'm starting to understand it more and more -- that it's just something that people find interesting.

"To me, it's not something I think about actively. I struggled with my identity when I was a teenager, right before I came out. That was a very hard time to deal with that.

"I've had a couple moments in my career where there's been some hiccups, but other than that I've had a pretty easy time with it. And it's funny how much people sensationalize it, especially in the media. But that's entertainment."

Tune into VH1's Behind the Music on Sunday for more on Adam Lambert!

Image courtesy of WENN

Tags: behind the music

Comments

Comments on "Adam Lambert: Why is my sexuality so interesting?"

Stingray August 13, 2011 | 4:29 AM

@WILL AND ROSE Rip-offed other artists? What childish bull. My guess is that you either have no idea of the difference between paying homage and infringing on copyrights, or that you're just a troll who sadly has nothing better to do with your time. Seriously, if you don't care about Adam why waste your time reading an article on him&writing a comment about him?? Some stupid hyprocrite you are aren't ya? I could think a million things better to do than spreading hate. Maybe you should just concentrate on building your love for some other artist you like. Oh and by the way, nice article. And I do think people should stop focusing on Adam's uality. It's like announcing "Straight female pop artist Katy Perry" every time her name is mentioned.

will and rose August 09, 2011 | 8:04 AM

Adam Lambert is a media trying desperately to stay in the press, and in any way possible. He should be able to be seen for talent only, but truth be told he has very little real authentic talent. He is a poser who has taken all of his act from real artists like Bowie,Jagger,Mercury and that has made him inauthentic. If he wants to be an artist he must find his own persona and stop copying others who have established themselves decades ago as original. We stopped watching American idol because of him and the attempt to cram him down our throats and we were avid fans from day one of the show. We hope at this point that his fifteen minutes is up here because this is a poor excuse for an artist.

Judy August 08, 2011 | 6:23 PM

Now that Adam has Katy Perry's management and the Kobalt (copyright) team behind him I hope he can get some real promotion and become recognized for his music and we can drop the "openly " "reality tv runner up" stuff. I will state my opinion though. I am a huge Lambert fan but I think this next cd will determine the direction of his career. It must have singles that make the top of the pop charts and songs that are released every few weeks just like Katy's, Gaga, Pitbull, Enrique etc...The competition is stiff but we know Adam is working with the best writers and he is a smart busineessman. I hope it's his turn. (but I still think we fans have to support and promote just like last year... every bit helps!)

LolaGlamb August 06, 2011 | 3:22 PM

I agree, Hep, you said it well. And GETREAL nailed it-his uality is interesting because he's interesting. If he gets a haircut, grows a goatee, changes his hairstyle, or even tweets a simple message to his fans, it's a blog headline. When he shaved a strip of hair , it was reported in major online newspapers, and talked about on TV entertainment news. People can't get enough of him, and the fact that he is so open about a topic that has never been discussed before makes him even more interesting.

GetReal August 06, 2011 | 10:29 AM

It's interesting because HE'S interesting. Those two are one hot couple. And he doesn't exactly hide it, does he.

lking August 05, 2011 | 5:36 PM

Agree with her post, only in the US is this a big deal. I am happy for Adam finding love and letting the world know that love comes in many, many different forms. If his story helps even one young person struggling with their identity, then bravo Adam for being so open.

HEP. August 05, 2011 | 3:49 PM

ONLY IN THE U.S. DOES THIS MATTER,IN EUROPE THEY COULD CARE LESS,THEY CARE ABOUT THE PERSON AND THE MUSIC,THINGS ARE CHANGING HERE EVER SO SLOWLY BUT HE HAS HELPED MOVE THINGS ALONG BY LIVING A OPEN AND HONEST LIFE,HONESTLY THERE CAN BE NO PEACE OR HAPPINESS UNTIL YOU FIND YOUR TRUE SELF,HE WOULD NOT LIVE A LIE,I APPLAUD HIM FOR HIS COURAGE AND HIS CONFIDENCE..THE BOTTOM LINE IS ADAM LAMBERT IS THE MOST GIFTED SINGER TO EVER COME OUT OF IDOL,A DECENT CARING HUMAN BEING WHO HAPPENS TO HAVE ONE OF BEST VOICES ON THIS PLANET,A ENTERTAINER LIKE HIM ONLY COMES ONCE IN A GENERATION,EMBRACE THE FUTURE WITH A OPEN HEART,ADAM WILL LEAD THE WAY...HEP.