Amy Winehouse
Reported Dead

According to several reports Amy Winehouse was found dead Saturday afternoon in her London apartment. She was 27 years old.

Amy Winehouse dies on 7/23/2011

News that Amy Winehouse was found dead Saturday afternoon has yet to be officially confirmed, though numerous outlets are reporting the loss of the young Rehab singer.

The troubled life and death of Amy Winehouse >>

Sources have told the Sunday Mirror that an overdose of drink and drugs is the suspected cause of Amy Winehouse's death.

SheKnows spoke with Metropolitan police who are not naming Amy Winehouse as one of the dead, but have issued the following press release in regards to an unexplained death Saturday afternoon:

"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05hrs today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased. On arrival, officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene. Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained."

Amy Winehouse victim of the 27 curse? Other stars who died at 27 >>

Amy Winehouse canceled her European tour after an embarrassing performance in Serbia last month to continue to work on her long struggle with sobriety. A message on her website to fans reads, "Amy Winehouse is withdrawing from all scheduled performances. Everyone involved wishes to do everything they can to help her return to her best and she will be given as long as it takes for this to happen."

Celebs tweet their reactions to Amy Winehouse's death >>

Amy Winehouse visited rehab for treatment most recently in May of this year, but friends of the singer openly worried for her. "Her drinking is totally out of control. Amy is constantly out of control on vodka," they said. "She is rattling about at home in north London drinking herself into oblivion. Three times this week she has been so drunk she passed out."

Our thoughts go out to family and friends of the singer in wake of the news that Amy Winehouse is dead.

Image courtesy WENN.com

Comments

Comments on "Amy Winehouse dead at age 27"

seanb July 27, 2011 | 3:09 PM

i loved amy winehouse music her husband is a loser i hopes he rots in jail.

warren July 27, 2011 | 10:17 AM

I just paid $22.87 for an iPad2-64GB and my girlfriend loves her Panasonic Lumix GF 1 Camera that we got for $38.76 there arriving tomorrow by UPS. I will never pay such expensive retail prices in stores again. Especially when I also sold a 40 inch LED TV to my boss for $675 which only cost me $62.81 to buy. Here is the website we use to get it all from, BidsGet

betty July 26, 2011 | 3:02 AM

Oohs, what a great loss she left for the family members and fans.oh she would have died of disease we know,but i guess she must had taken some Alcohol.All in all we don't have nothing to do but may her body and soul rest in peace.

Wanda July 23, 2011 | 5:37 PM

What a terrible loss for her family and fans. Rest in Peace.

ZACH BOWENS Photographer July 23, 2011 | 2:36 PM

I feel very sorry that celebs have so much in front of them but they can't even see what they have until it's gone . I work with many people such as stars and they are your average person that have problems. Amy was one of my favorite artists. I wish she could have just focused more on her career and not get cought up with the rock star life . I wish I could have worked with her one day . She was so talented and even more so if she wasnt under the influence constantly.

Rob July 23, 2011 | 12:42 PM

Alcohol the disease? how about grow up and quit or like other posters said GO TO REHAB people need to be held accountable for their actions not just felt sorry for because they don't make the correct choice.

Nancy July 23, 2011 | 12:06 PM

Kurt Cobain, too, died at age 27.

mszags July 23, 2011 | 11:46 AM

Who didn`t see this coming....anyone???? Same thing will happen to Johnathan Rhys Meyers.....too bad.......and these are theepeople who can afford REAL help if they truly want it....too bad they don`t.

sharron July 23, 2011 | 11:42 AM

thoughts and prayers are with all family and friends of amy winehouse,such a shamr a great,great talent,say NO to drink and drugs,x

Penny July 23, 2011 | 11:30 AM

I guess that's the age the great ones die at. Jim Morrison Died, July 3, 1971(1971-07-03) (aged 27). Janis Joplin, the rock singer, was found dead in her Hollywood apartment. She was 27 years old. (Jimi) Allen Hendrix, born Nov. 27 1942, was only 27 years old when he died on Sep.18, 1970.

Jay July 23, 2011 | 11:13 AM

wow. i can't believe it. by far the BEST female singer i've heard in my entire life! i'm so sad to hear she's gone.. why do all the best musicians die young?

Emma July 23, 2011 | 10:55 AM

Amy Winehouse was such a troubled young woman, I can't say this surprises me. But it's incredibly sad. She was so talented. Sigh.. drugs are bad.

Christie July 23, 2011 | 10:50 AM

This is a horrible tragedy to lose such a great person to such a horrible disease such as alcohol. My thoughts and prayers are with her family in this time of loss. Christie P.

angeliqqque July 23, 2011 | 10:50 AM

Its Sad But Its true.

liz July 23, 2011 | 10:44 AM

they tried to make her go to rehab she said no no no.