Giuliana & Bill
Baby News

Giuliana Rancic and her husband Bill have been open about their struggles with fertility, as well as her painful miscarriage. After years of heartache, the couple is considering adopting a child from Giuliana's birthplace of Naples, Italy.

Giuliana Rancic and Bill Rancic

Giuliana and Bill Rancic just returned from a trip to Naples, Italy, which is the birthplace of the E! News correspondent. The trip was more than just a chance to reconnect with her culture; it was also a fact-finding trip to explore adopting a child from Italy.

"It's definitely something that I've thought about. I'm from Naples. I was born in a poor neighborhood and I always, in my heart, felt like it would be amazing to be able to adopt a child from Naples. I could give someone the opportunity I had. I would love to give back in that way and pay it forward," she tells the Huffington Post.

"Our idea was to go there and look for an orphanage. We discovered it's a lot harder to adopt from Italy than we had thought. I've done a lot of research online and everyone said the way it works in Italy is you just have to go there," Giuliana explains. "You can't do it over the phone or online, you have to go and meet face to face -- that's how it works. Plus [this] is so personal we wanted to keep it under wraps, away from the cameras."

Giuliana said she has not filled out the paperwork for a specific child yet. "It wouldn't even necessarily be a baby," she says. "I want to look at children too that have had no opportunity or tragedy in their lives."

Giuliana says that she and Bill still want a biological child of their own and will continue with fertility treatments.

"There is a bigger plan for us. There is some reason we haven't had a kid. Our kid hasn't come yet for some reason. We really believe that," Giuliana says. "We definitely will try IVF again but if IVF doesn't work then that's it. There are so many kids out there that need help but even if IVF does work I think adoption is the most selfless thing someone could do. It's just so wonderful. I just feel such a connection to the little kids in Naples. I remember being on the street wanting a small piece of candy."

Best of luck to the couple!

Comments

Comments on "Giuliana and Bill Rancic planning to adopt from Italy"

Maria August 13, 2011 | 11:44 AM

I understand Ms. Racic blamed herself for the miscarriages. She is NOT to blame. Sometimes if the baby is not developing properly, miscarriages happen though no fault of the Mom. I wish this loving couple all the blessings in God can shower on them.

sjs August 10, 2011 | 11:23 AM

I was floored by the comment made that Guiliana was ugly. Perhaps her resemblance to my granddaughter makes me prejudiced, but she seems sweet, caring and a lovely personality.I think she dresses well and is a beautiful woman.I wish her all the luck in the world in having a child in her life.I agree with Karen.

oracle August 07, 2011 | 8:01 AM

Why is bills wife so ugly (...I mean real woofer territory here!!!)? Is she sterile---or is he sterile? I heard he is shooting blanks while she stays secretley on the pill----hmmmm...heh,heh....

ruby vargas July 22, 2011 | 3:47 PM

pues hay dos maneras de traer un hijo al mundo embarazo natural y el embarazo de corazon el cual otra madre me presta la barriguita y despues llega el bebe,sencillo dejenle las cosas al señor,y recuerden es en el tiempo del señor no en el de ustedes

Selma July 22, 2011 | 4:16 AM

Miracle will come in a blessed way do't give up!

Fertility Within Reach July 21, 2011 | 8:22 AM

Giuliana and Bill Rancic have an incredible wisdom about their infertility. They are listening to their instincts and have faith that they WILL be parents, regardless of how they build their family. Kudos to them for having a balance of what information they share with the public and when. They demonstrate a commitment to focus on their journey while also generously sharing their experience in an attempt to help others. Thank you Giuliana and Bill. After fourteen years of infertilty before finally building my family, I whole heartedly agree that everything happens for a reason. I believe the children we end up with are the children we were meant to have. Having this faith helps take some pressure off. Good luck Giuliana and Bill!

Gao July 20, 2011 | 1:55 AM

God bless you and know that God is seeing what you do and he is going to pay you back at his own time and maybe with triplets...good luck and that child is blessed to meet people like you...

Karen July 19, 2011 | 4:23 PM

They'll make great, loving parents!