Get Him To The Gym!

From Superbad to super-skinny! Actor Jonah Hill has lost so much weight that he was almost unrecognizable at the 2011 ESPY Awards last night. What made him decide to get healthy and lose the weight?

Actor Jonah Hill is famous for playing the pudgy, funny guy in movies like Superbad and Get Him to the Greek -- but the actor has been on a mission to lose weight for his new role in 21 Jump Street and showed off his super slim physique at the ESPY Awards last night.

Jonah Hill weight loss before and after

Wearing a black suit, striped purple shirt and tie, he has lost so much weight that he looks like a different person!

He said he is not sure exactly how much weight he has lost, but recently told reporters he started working out with a personal trainer and hired a nutritionist because he "thought it was important to be healthier."

Jonah Hill at 2011 ESPY Awards

"It's not fun," he admitted, about his mission to lose weight. "I wouldn't say it's the most fun endeavor I've ever took on in my life -- but it's important. And I'm enjoying it. If I eat something unhealthy now, I kind of feel a little weird and my body hurts."

He also wanted to get fit for his new role in 21 Jump Street, co-starring Channing Tatum.

"It's a comedy with really cool action. We're not doing something serious like Miami Vice," he says. "It's a funny movie with a lot of great action and a real story."

Hill, right, posed with Minnesota Timberwolves star Kevin Love. They presented the award for Best Game at the ESPY Awards.

Tell us: What do you think of Jonah Hill's slimmed down look?

Comments

Comments on "Skinny Jonah Hill barely recognizable at ESPY Awards"

ashley October 16, 2011 | 9:23 AM

He looks so skinny I barely recognized him! I don't think it will hurt his career, but fans will have to get used to him looking so different. His personality is the same, and I'm sure he'll still continue being cast for roles.

Melanie October 14, 2011 | 9:13 AM

I think he was super cute chubby, but now...he is at a healthy weight. Who knows what Chris Farley could have done, had he been healthier. Would people have stopped thinking he was funny just cause he lost weight? I have struggled with weight my entire life, lost 100 pounds since high school, had two kids, still working on it. Jonah Hill is soooo amazing with what he has accomplished. Kudos to you Jonah. I won't stop watching your movies. You look fantastic!!!

shauna July 27, 2011 | 8:26 PM

My god....it's for his health people!! It doesn't mean he is a different person!!!

Mike July 15, 2011 | 1:25 PM

I am only sure this will hurt his career, unless he finds something to make himself stand out. I am not saying that he is without talent, but although I have seen nearly every movie he has been in - I don't think I would ever say he is as good at what he does (making us believe he is someone) as he was at just looking the part.

Max July 15, 2011 | 9:55 AM

NO! I like Jonah when he's heavier. Sorry. I've had a long time crush on Jonah Hill and I just....I like him chubbers. His face was so cute and full and now he looks boring and emaciated. Its important to be fit and healthy, but I think in this case it has to do more with the pressures of Hollywood. F*ck that. "There is nothing funny about a physically fit man" - Jonah Hill - Funny People

Max July 15, 2011 | 9:53 AM

Schmamie July 14, 2011 | 4:19 PM

Wow -- this adds a whole new dimension to the types of characters he could play. I am glad he appears to be living a healthier lifestyle.

Sarah July 14, 2011 | 3:48 PM