Raven Symone
Opens Up

Raven Symone looks great with her new slim and trim figure. How did she do it? She recently revealed her stress-free weight-loss plan and cleared up those secret pregnancy rumors.

Raven SymoneThat's So Raven star Raven Symone has been in the news recently for her dramatic weight loss (35 pounds!) as well as those pesky rumors that she was pregnant and had a secret baby. The star opened up about her 35-pound weight loss and the "really funny" pregnancy rumors.

Symone appeared on The Wendy Williams Show and told Williams that stress caused her weight gain when on the show That's So Raven.

"I stopped stressing. You have to realize at 15, there was a whole entire show I had on my shoulders. It was a very big cast and crew and if you're sick for a day, people lose money and that's a problem," Symone said.

So how did she turn the corner and start losing weight? "[It wasn't] just overeating because I've actually been eating the same. I keep a little bit more smaller portions because I learned that your body has to get rid of that stress some way. Some people break-out, some people lose their hair, some lose weight, some people gain weight, my body just reacted a certain kind of way."

Ironically, Symone will have to wear padding to make herself look bigger in her new ABC show, State of Georgia. "Ironically, my character is supposed to be the size that I was before," she reveals. "So I have to wear thicker body pads on the show."

She also opened up to The Insider about the rumors that she had a secret pregnancy and gave birth to a baby girl. There were also pictures of her rumored child, however, Symone says those rumors are "really funny" and the baby that is supposed to be hers doesn't even look like her. She says that "even if I did date someone of Caucasian descent, my baby wouldn't turn out like that."

"I think because I was big for so long and at certain times fluctuated so much that they thought I had baby weight... just because I was thicker."

Tags: raven symone that's so raven

Comments

Comments on "Raven Symone reveals dramatic weight loss secrets"

Elanjdria May 31, 2013 | 10:25 AM

My husband is Puerto Rican and I am African American . When my husband and I were in the dating stage and getting to know each other , I remember asking him " as a kid, what female on tv did you want your real life girlfriend to be?" Just curious of what he was into and the type of girl he attracts. His answer to this day is still "Raven Symone" because she is a happy person and proud in her own skin . We both agree that she looks better and seem to feel better when thick but happy for her as well . Now if I could just knock off my freaking weight that would be nice ????????????????????????????

angel January 13, 2013 | 9:14 AM

I believe Hollywood made her loose the weight. Which is a shame. I love Raven since the Cosby Show and her personality is awesome no matter what weight. African American females are curvy. We have full hips, lips, and chest and We are PROUD of it. People need to Get over it!

Riki Dows April 10, 2012 | 10:19 PM

Honestly, I loved how she looked before too. I was always so jealous her curves and just what a beautiful person she is overall. Great work on losing weight Rae but know that your fans love you forever and always no matter what size!

Lety April 04, 2012 | 2:24 AM

I honestly think she was better looking before. No doubt she is still gorgeous, but i loved her curves and she has said she was perfectly happy how she was before the weight loss. I'm only assuming that losing all that weight has made her unhappy. I hope whatever she does is right for her and that she isn't trying to please anyone but herself :)

Notgoing4it March 29, 2012 | 4:24 PM

Oh c'mon, her super secret diet tips was that she ate smaller portions?! Why is everyone so secretive about what their real diet tips are? Inquiring minds want to know!

benny March 12, 2012 | 7:10 PM

I am a Nigerian living in Nigeria and my sisters and I absolutely love Raven. She was soooo beautiful even in her old size. Now that she's lost some weight,I hope she still let's her inner beauty and personality radiate as before. Best of wishes.

Jess February 12, 2012 | 4:52 AM

I'm going to be completely honest. I have always thought Raven was an absolute knockout, no matter what weight she was. She does look amazing, but I've always thought so. Love you girl!!

MYT.QUINN January 11, 2012 | 5:45 PM

Happy you lost the weight. but remember you were a beautiful person before and you still are you jus changed the package.My granddaughters got me started on the cheata girls , liked your music...DONT STOP...

SEXYREDBABY July 31, 2011 | 5:41 AM

I'M HAPPY RAVEN SYMON'E LOST WEIGHT,I KNOW SOME STARS SAY THAT THEY DID IT THE HARD WAY AND YOU FIND OUT THAT THEY MAY HAVE HAD SURGERY,AND TO ME THAT IS FOOLING FOLKS.NOT RIGHT BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE MONEY WHERE THEY CAN GO AND DO THAT FAST.

Carol Burley July 11, 2011 | 6:23 AM

You look wonderful keep up the good work, this is just a reminder and motivation for me. Thanks!