Larry Birkhead On Anna Nicole Verdict

Larry Birkhead says that despite the Supreme Court ruling against the estate of Anna Nicole Smith in her suit against her late rich husband, their daughter Dannielynn will be just fine.

Larry Birkhead

When Anna Nicole Smith died, she left behind an infant daughter and a 15-year court battle for the huge estate of her much-older late rich husband. Now that the court battle over the inheritance is over -- the Supreme Court ruled against Anna Nicole's estate -- little Dannielynn's father Larry Birkhead says she'll be just fine, money or no money.

"You know, I was disappointed for Anna, because this was something she fought long and hard for nearly 15 years of her life and it was disappointing for her just because it took so much out of her," Birkhead told E! News. "It was just something that really affected her and stressed her out on a daily level... so now there's some closure to it."

"She has her family. She has me, her dad, she's loved, she has everything she needs. That's more important than any amount of money she could have received on behalf of her mother," he said.

"I've seen Anna be told no before and I've seen her hold her head up high, and I've seen her disappointed, so it's hard to say," said Birkhead of what he thought Smith's reaction might have been. "I think she might even feel relief that it's over. Look, she would just want to know Dannielynn's doing great and she is, she's healthy and happy and doing great, and it's not just about a big sack of money down."

That big sack of money added up to $89 million.

Image courtesy C.Smith/ WENN.com

Tags: larry birkhead

Comments

Comments on "Anna Nicole Smith's daughter just fine without money says dad"

queen mary October 09, 2012 | 5:48 PM

keep up the good work Larry, she is a beautiful girl.

Dawn B. January 16, 2012 | 12:21 AM

I think that Anna Nicole getting pregnant by Larry Birkhead is one of the very few smart things she ever did in her life! I think he is doing a wonderful job of raising Dannielynn, and as far as his making money off of her, he may get something, but he could do much worse. How many other celebrities sell photos of their children for $$$$$$. At least he gets to devote his time to raising her in a loving, secure environment, which is needed so much more because she does not have a mother. Great job, Larry!

DiaaK July 18, 2011 | 4:20 PM

You have the totally right attitude, Larry. You and your family will be rewarded with all the riches that money can never buy. Keep doing what you've been doing. You're right on target and somewhere above, Anna is smiling on you both. xox

me July 17, 2011 | 6:17 PM

@ realitybites so right, only right after Anna's death he was said to have earned around 5 millions by selling stories about passed away Anna Nicole and Dannielyn. he himself sells the "trophy baby" to the media and claims money wouldn't be important...

DOUG June 28, 2011 | 11:23 AM

thinking you might like this.

Sherry June 28, 2011 | 10:04 AM

I think he's done a good job of keeping her out of the media for the most part. We RARELY see them out and about...just a few times a year. I don't begrudge him making a little money off of that - do you know how much some other celeb parents make? The ones we see EVERY single day ad naseum?

reality bites June 28, 2011 | 9:39 AM

Larry Birkhead has no job for years. He sells Dannielynnn's pictures to tabloids. Dannielynn is his only source of income. She is a little girl who financially supports healthy dad age 38. Shameful.