Group Claims 'Ryan Dunn Is In Hell'

As if the news of Ryan Dunn's death wasn't awful enough, the Westboro Baptist Church has announced plans for a Ryan Dunn funeral picket.

ryan-dunn-westboro-baptist-church-protest

Fans and friends were shocked when the news of Jackass star Ryan Dunn's death broke. His friends' response to the news was heartbreaking. Now, they have yet another blow to handle.

The Westboro Baptist Church, the organization known for protesting funerals of gay rights supporters, kids and military members, has announced its plans to picket the funeral of Ryan Dunn. (We won't even link to the extremely offensive website, with a URL that is equally disgusting.) The "press release" states: "Ryan Dunn is in hell."

Among the paragraphs of nonsense, the Westboro Baptist Church notes that Dunn died in Pennsylvania, "one of the most evil states to ever exist," and claims the accident occurred because Dunn "made a mock of sin, and taught his fellow man to grievously sin against God."

Whatever people thought of Jackass, the Westboro Baptist Church's comments and claims are horrible, as is their plan to picket Ryan Dunn's funeral. The release reads, "WBC will picket any public memorial/funeral held for Dunn, warning all not to make a mock of sin, & to fear & obey God."

The group also takes aim at Dunn pals Steve-O and Johnny Knoxville, stating they weren't real friends.

Dunn was driving his Porsche early Monday morning after leaving a pub when it flew over a guardrail and crashed into a tree, catching fire. The preliminary autopsy report found that Dunn died as a result of blunt force and thermal trauma.

Yesterday, Roger Ebert finally apologized for a tweet he sent out after Dunn's death. ("Friends don't let jackasses drink and drive," Ebert tweeted, shortly after news of the Jackass star's death spread.) We're confident that the Westboro Baptist Church won't apologize, but we hope that Ryan Dunn can be laid to rest in peace by his friends and family.

Comments

Comments on "Westboro Baptist Church plans Ryan Dunn funeral protest"

jos August 17, 2011 | 4:56 AM

we just bring Mike Vallely! someone talks , he will get ed up by him.

Eddie June 30, 2011 | 7:16 AM

i'll tell you this. as soon as they set foot near that funeral, bam is going to prison for whooping the hell out of tose so called christians. R.I.P. Ryan Dunn we'll miss you buddy

Sean June 24, 2011 | 9:04 PM

Sean June 24, 2011 | 9:03 PM

I don't know what's worse, the fact that the WBC is protesting this funeral, or the responses on here from people that can't believe that these people call themselves Christians. Really, that's what offends you about them? Not the fact that they've protested NUMEROUS funerals for those troops who have died in Iraq or Afghanistan? Not the fact that they are brainwashing their (probably inbred) kids into believing and practicing the same hate? Nooooo, we're offended that they're doing it and calling themselves people of "god". Who cares what they call themselves? They can call themselves christians or baptists or tranual nazi eskimos, what does it matter? On top of that, these s from this "church" would have NO POWER if it weren't for the media. If all of the news sources and websites and press didn't jump all over it every time they held up a sign then they would disappear. Ignore them and their power would be gone. Being reactive to it just feeds into it. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to punch one in the mouth, but that's not what solves this. They aren't going to go away if the media keeps empowering them by giving them attention.

Joeblow June 24, 2011 | 7:30 PM

You can be sure at Ryans funeral there are going to be about 5000 pissed off bikers ready to stomp any protesters. If they planned to picket the funeral, they shouldnt have announced it, I promise you bam will have ppl there to beat some ass if they show up. Watch and see.

Joe June 24, 2011 | 7:27 PM

josh June 24, 2011 | 11:34 AM

thats prolly one of them chuirches where the followers do everything there told or i mean a cult.prolly pass around there kids too.this whole church should rot in hell.Take your alterboys out of your ass for a minute and try to be human you sick s

jcase June 24, 2011 | 10:52 AM

The Westboro Baptist Church clearly isn't a true, Christian church. True Christians do not spread hate or judge. I do not agree w/the show or what these ppl did on the show, but I do not judge them. They will have to answer for themselves. The real tradgedy here is that he didn't have any REAL friends with him at the time that stopped or tried to stop him from drinking & driving.

Jamie June 23, 2011 | 5:51 AM

How can they even proclaim to be Christian? That is horrible! I am a Christian myself and while I dont agree with the lifestyle he led he was still a human being. And his friends and family deserve to lay him to rest in peace! I'm pretty sure if Jesus were walking the earth right now he'd be more prone to go this man's funeral than picket outside with these people. At least that's the kind of Jesus that I read about in my Bible. We as Christians are suppossed to be a light shone to the world to let people know about God. What kind of light are they shining? Apparently it's one that is skewed. Just because you don't agree with someone's lifestyle does not make you their judge. There is only one Judge. What point does this picket have? The man is dead. All you are going to do is cause more pain to his already grieving friends and family. The way Ryan died is a tragic way to lose someone and now you're going to make a mockery of his funeral? That is sick.

KevinJ June 23, 2011 | 5:11 AM

Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone. Nobody is perfect so what gives these people the right to make such a statement. They should be ashamed.

Adam page June 23, 2011 | 2:19 AM

I hope the people/organisation who said these thing go to hell and if I could I'd make sure you paid for your comments! Westbro church you make me sick! I hope one day people find who said this and put you in hell!

Selaika June 23, 2011 | 1:52 AM

how can these people make statements like that, no one can know who went to hell or heaven and how can they carry banners stating God Hates this and that that are making a mockery of religion itself. they are hateful people and make hateful statements if they knew so much they would have know that hate is sin full they should rather open their eyes and look themselves in the mirror

COjackass June 22, 2011 | 10:46 PM

A TRUE christian knows that passing judgement is not a positive act in any way!! To assume ones future after this life is nothing short of INSANE!! And to judge someone you know through your television set is just ignorant!!

la guera June 22, 2011 | 8:24 PM

For people who go to church and tell someone their going to Hell. U are not to judge being a follower of Christ . Hypocritical motherers r. I.p Ryan ur the shut

pissedoffdunnfan June 22, 2011 | 7:32 PM

You LOSERS. If any of you Baptist idiots read this you better take what I am saying very seriously. The only ones that will be burning in hell are you. How dare you call yourselves people of GOD. When it is my time Ryan Dunn and I will be laughing in heaven while we watch all of you BURN IN HELL.

Patrick Fuleihan June 22, 2011 | 7:07 PM

I hope all members of Westboro rot in hell themselves for spreading such hatred. The world wasn't created for such emotions, but for beauty of being.

Spidermonkey June 22, 2011 | 7:02 PM

I can't believe a church would say something like that!!!!! Unbelievable !!!! My heart goes out to Dunns family and friends.

Cbass June 22, 2011 | 3:58 PM

Find something better to do and let a man be laid to rest in peace.. I think I'm gonna picket one of your funerals and see how you feel..