Johnny Knoxville Mourns For Dunn

Friends of Jackass star Ryan Dunn weigh in on his tragic death.

More details are starting to emerge about the sad death of Jackass star Ryan Dunn. A photo of Dunn's burned-out Porsche was posted on the web as it was lifted from the accident scene and it looks nothing like the sports car. In fact, it looks more like a few pieces of twisted up metal.

Ryan Dunn car crash

Horrifying.

Celebrity friends of Dunn are starting to post their thoughts and condolences on Twitter. The most upsetting messages are from the stuntman's friends and Jackass cohorts Johnny Knoxville and Jason 'Weeman' Acuna.

Johnny Knoxville

"Today I lost my brother Ryan Dunn. My heart goes out to his family and his beloved Angie. RIP Ryan, I love you buddy," Knoxville wrote on Twitter.

Jason 'Weeman' Acuna

"RYAN DUNN -- a super awesome memory was at the J RODY walston & the business show!!! I MISS YOU BUD!! You were always a happy kick-ass dude!!" Acuna tweeted.

Carey Hart

"RIP ryan dunn. You were an amazing guy and you were cut way to short. Enjoyed the times we had. My heart goes out to his family and friends," Pink's husband, motocross racer Carey Hart, tweeted.

Sofia Coppola

"Ryan Dunn has passed away, he was a very nice and energetic guy, I met him a couple of times. Very shocked," the director tweeted.

Colin Hanks

"So sad to hear about Ryan Dunn... and in is honor I say this: I am mad AND disappointed... # RyanDunn," Hanks tweeted.

April Margera

Bam Margera's mother is the person that confirmed Dunn's death to the media.

"I have not been able to talk with Bam as he is in Arizona but I cannot believe that his friend is dead -- I felt like I lost one of my own sons when I heard that Ryan Dunn had died," Margera said. "Ryan was a wonderful person, he really was the sweetest and nicest guy -- he was like my extra son, everybody loved him. He had a long-term girlfriend and she will be absolutely devastated -- she has turned off her phone just now. It's just so sad, we cannot believe Ryan has gone -- I'm too upset to say anything else just now."

The Margeras later said they talked to their son and that he's completely "devastated" and they're worried about him.

So, so sad.

What are you feeling about Ryan Dunn's sad death?

Tags: bam margera

Comments

Comments on "Celebrity pals react to Ryan Dunn's death"

sf July 29, 2011 | 8:40 AM

RIP Ryan you were an awsome person GOD BLESS YOU

shae June 29, 2011 | 1:48 PM

i think ryan dunns death is devastating,i dont think he should be judged by what he was doing at the time of the accident though.everyone knows he didnt intentionally mean to kill himself or the other person involved in the accident.drinking and driving is very stupid,but at the same time,it was just his time to go.everyone is going to be stupid at times.&in this case,he&his friend died because of his stupidity.people should not say hateful things about him,because im sure if it was one of THEIR family members,they would not talk the crap they do.although,most of the people that have nothing else but negative things to say,was either jealous of ryan dunn,or just absoulutely hated the reality show.i am truly sorry for his loss.&my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.&i must say,i was and still am a huge fan of jackass!!

joachim June 23, 2011 | 7:27 PM

i think its dumb getting mad at ryan for drinking and driving he past lets just honor his memory jackass lets us into their lives so its like we all knew ryan and ik i loved him he was a great guy. so ryan even though u did sumthing stupid we still love u and ik i will forever honor ur memory

Jeremy Rivera June 23, 2011 | 5:53 PM

i dont think the news will ever kno how devestating this is for fans. like he wasnt jus a other actor wen u watch jacka** ur not watchin ryan dunn act hes being himself like everyone else and so its more hard for fans cuz there all people wen kno and like so its more like loosin a friend someone we known for years R.I.P. RYAN DUNN 1st (favorite moment) VIVA LA BAM -Prank War 2nd VIVA LA BAM- Glomb..shut up lol 3rd Jacka** The Movie-Im bout to get the crap beat outta me by a girl

Peter Murphy June 23, 2011 | 2:04 AM

Drinking and driving wrecks life's,don,t know how anyone can call him a role model, spent most of his life being stupid, and now caused the death of not only his own life but another person, by driving like a p***k while drunk. no sympathy here just glad more people weren't hurt or killed. I feel sorry for his family, his stupid behaviour has caused them grieflirk lasubs and pain, what a loser.

Armando B June 21, 2011 | 4:24 PM

We r gonna miss u buddy. My thoughts go out to his friends and family I can't believe u were cut so short. And people please don't judge for why he is gone because u know that at some point in our life we have done that sh*t too. So how bout we forget what he did and let's just mourn the fact that we have lost a great person. Jackass will never be the same without u man RIP BRO

Harry Wang June 21, 2011 | 12:02 PM

RIP Ryan. People please don't drink and drive and speed.

JackassFanFrom OZ June 20, 2011 | 10:13 PM

I have been a big fan of the Jackass from the mtv early days and even the CKY vids and I just found out he died in a car crash. Very sad day for everyone .. my wishes to your family ... RIP mate ...

Samantha Krause June 20, 2011 | 3:19 PM

First thing when i woke up this morning and i got on facebook one of my friends had posted a link about his death, i completely freaked out. i was just like "oh no oh god no no no no no!! this could not of have happened!!" its so upsetting i never met any of these guys but i know for a fact i am right after high school. but it feels like i lost someone close to me even though i never met him, i basically grew up watching these guys. i remember the first thing i EVER saw of them was the blue car and condom up Dunn's ass when i was like 6; thought it was hilarious, been watching them ever since. RIP Ryan, save a spot up in heaven for all of your fans and loved ones. And im so sorry to the rest of the jackass boys, please promise me you wont hurt yourselves over his death and stay strong like the rest of us.

Lewis Thompson June 20, 2011 | 2:59 PM

I will miss so much he was one of my faviote dudes in jackass sieries I've grown up watching all the jackass and I've only just watched jackass 3.5 I cart believe he hass passed away I will always be with you man love you and I will keep watching you from all the old programs R.I.P. peace to all his family and friends he's be some where nice with all the great stunt men and people of the earth will miss you love you for ever and all of the crew from jackass

sam greenhough June 20, 2011 | 2:33 PM

dunn i no i dont no you but i loved your jackass movies they made me laugh when i was down i feel so sad now that your gona R.I.P dunn

TiffanyRayne June 20, 2011 | 2:32 PM

i am completely hurt...i never met him AT ALL...but i feel as if i grew up with these doods...i remember the firsst time i seen em on the tube...i was hooked...he was and still is my favorite...

Courtney tullis June 20, 2011 | 2:26 PM

Im soooo sad and sorry for youu guys dunn was soo awesom im soo sad he died i loved him he wad so funny i wanted to meet him and everyone else you guys are the best i love all of youu guys hope i can meet you im so sorry about dunn i loved him :(

Camp Kill Yourself June 20, 2011 | 2:23 PM

My favorite CAMP KILL YOURSELF. This could make for some great comedy!! He always courted with death so I hope where ever he has finally gotten to, that he's happier now.

Graham June 20, 2011 | 2:15 PM

it so tragic to see someone like ryan dunn pass away. i cant imagine how bam fells-RIP ryan:(

RyanDunnFan June 20, 2011 | 2:14 PM

Dunn was born in Medina, Ohio and grew up in Williamsville, New York before moving to West Chester, Pennsylvania, with his parents in his early teens. He first came into public attention while appearing in four videos alongside his friends in the CKY Crew, which in stood for "Camp Kill Yourself". Show your support to Ryan and the people he left so suddenly. http://www.facebook/RIP.RyanDunn.RIP

Jo Hewitt June 20, 2011 | 2:11 PM

It's awful that such an awesome guy's life was unfairly cut short, but he left a great legacy on thousands if not millions of people. He'll be sorely missed. RIP dude, we'll miss your crazy-ass .

max June 20, 2011 | 2:08 PM

sorry about his death he was a cool person hope u like up there dude

Alex baker June 20, 2011 | 1:57 PM

Rip Ryan Dunn a great role model and a man who will be missed by everyone. My heart goes out to dunns family and friends and I'm really touched by the words of April margera. I will miss watching his crazy stunts that first caught my eye back in the day which carried on making me laugh throughout the viva la bam series which I bought mainly down to that mans personality. What a legend and this was his time. R.I.P you will always be missed Ryan