Sean Kingston
Accident

Sean Kingston is expected to make a full recovery after a jet ski crash in Miami. New details have emerged on the singer's injuries, as well as what happened over Memorial Day weekend.

sean-kingston

Sean Kingston's injuries after a jet ski crash include a broken jaw, fractured wrist and water in his lungs -- but he is expected to be fully healed in six weeks, a source tells CNN.

The singer was listed in "critical but stable condition" on Tuesday after he and passenger Cassandra Sanchez crashed into a Miami bridge over Memorial Day weekend.

"Both jet skis pulled out of the dock at the same time and we were going so fast we just blasted past them," Sanchez said. "When we turned a corner and crashed... they were so far behind us they didn't even see us crash."

She said she told Kingston to turn around as they were heading toward the bridge, but he lost control of the jet ski. Sanchez says she remembers being "in pain" and waking up in the water. Kingston was not completely conscious and was "coughing up blood, foam and pink stuff" and kept repeating "I'm hurting."

She said a rescue boat finally came to help them. Sanchez says she has sore ribs and a sore jaw, but is doing fine. Kingston has "a tube down his throat" but she says he is responsive.

New sources today are confirming to CNN that the Beautiful Girls singer should recover fully in six weeks.

Comments

Comments on "Sean Kingston update: Broken jaw and wrist, but full recovery"

Mindy March 11, 2013 | 7:34 PM

Kingston was on a mission to kill himself!!

Stephanie August 07, 2011 | 6:37 AM

Poor thing

EazE June 19, 2011 | 9:32 AM

Dumbass what were u thinking? Get better Sean bet u don't do that again

Renee June 16, 2011 | 3:30 PM

Hope you are better soon. I go to JA each year & they always play your music there. Best of luck healing.

rulez June 04, 2011 | 6:00 AM

Sean we pray for you across the world and wish you a full recovery and miss you so much Get well SEAN

precious June 02, 2011 | 4:41 PM

I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH AND FREAKED OUT WHEN THE NEWS HIT CHICAGO. I STARTED TO CRY. I LOVE YOUR MUSIC AND YOU ARE A GREAT HUMAN BEING. ALL YOU HATERS AND HE MAKES A DIFFERENCE WHAT THE YOU DOING.I HOPE YOU GET WELL SOON AND EMBRACE US WITH YOUR WONDERFUL TALENT.

LILLY June 02, 2011 | 8:12 AM

HOPE YOU GET BETTER SOON AND TAKE YOUR TIME DON'T RUSH HEAL RIGHT.WE MISS YOU AND HOPE YOU THE BEST. SOME PEOPLE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY AND TALK SMACK JUST IGNORE THE %$#@*& THEY JUST SHOW HOW THEY WERE NOT TAUGHT MANNERS.

jillian June 01, 2011 | 5:29 PM

i hope u feel better my family is praying that u get better. be strong. we all will pray for u. u rock.

greg June 01, 2011 | 5:12 PM

sean, my father and i listen to your music all the time and i freaked out when i heard what happened and now my school plays your music all day. I hope you get well soon man cause i wanna see one of your concerts. your music is beast

Justin Bieber June 01, 2011 | 5:07 PM

I Pray for You. Your like a big bro to me.

SHUNTRIVA June 01, 2011 | 4:32 PM

WWELLL SEAN KINGSTON ALL GOT TO SAY BE STRONG AND HOPE YOU BE WELL AND WHEN YOU COME OUT I HOPE YOU COULD SING CUX WE LYK UR HIP POP REGGAE MUSIC SO LOVE YOU

victoria June 01, 2011 | 3:50 PM

sean,i pray for your quick recovery and i will miss your songs...love U

kasiha June 01, 2011 | 3:04 PM

I HOPE U GET BETTER SEAN AND WE ALL WISH U'LL GET BETTER SOON WE LOVE U SEAN CANT WAIT TILL WE KNOW THAT UR OKAY. WEEEEEEEEEEEEE LOOOOOOOVE U SO MUCH ... GET BETTER SOON

tyrese June 01, 2011 | 9:50 AM

ALL WHO A TALK BOUT THE MAN GUH SUCK UR MOTHER U DOG ITS SEEMS LIKE U HEAD NEVA MAKES A MISTAKE BEFORE U UGLY ASS PPLE GET WELL SOON SEAN I HATE DUNCE PPLE YOW AND TO HOW UGLY U ARE AND TALKING BOUT THE GUY IS FAT BUT HE HAS MONEY THOUGH AND U GUYS AINT GOT ANY U DOG GET WELL SOON SEAN