Scotty McCreery: Young And Single!

Scotty McCreery is going to have a lot of girls knocking at his door now that he's the new American Idol, but fellow contestant Lauren Alaina is not going to be one of those girls. The 17-year-old Idol says he's single -- no matter how much we want them to be cozying up.

When Scotty McCreery played it coy in regards to his relationship with Lauren Alaina immediately following his American Idol win, we really thought there might be something going on between the country cuties -- she did give him the peck seen around the world. Alas, he wasn't kidding when he said they were "just friends."

Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina

The Idol winner told Us Weekly, "I'm still single. I don't want a girl who likes me because I'm the American Idol. I just want them to like me because I'm Scotty. That's a hard thing to find, but it'll work out sometime."

He added that his girl fans are going nuts back in his home state of North Carolina. "They're going wild for me!" he said. "It's pretty fun hearing what's going on back home."

There you have it folks, Scotty McCreery is single -- straight from his own mouth.

His good buddy Lauren Alaina chimed in with her own thoughts during an appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. "No boyfriend for me," she said.

She added in regards to Scotty McCreery, "Everyone wants us to like each other, but we just can't seem to do it."

In all seriousness, it's nice to see McCreery acknowledging his youth and realizing he doesn't have to hop into a relationship just because everyone wants him to. "I'm still young," he said, "and I've got a lot of years ahead of me."

Time to move on, people. There's nothing to see here.

Comments

Comments on "Scotty McCreery: I'm still single"

Heather December 06, 2012 | 1:11 PM

I was so excited when you won American Idol last year. I love your music and you have an amazing voice, and I like you. Your the country boy that I want in my life.

Lauren April 22, 2012 | 12:31 PM

I had a good feeling about Scotty last year I knew he'd win and he did it's like I knew it would happen although I am sad Colton didn't win this year

Courtney January 02, 2012 | 3:26 PM

Everyone keeps saying they love you! They don't even know you! People should say they like you and your music! I LIKED you from the moment I saw you and heard your AMAZING voice! By the way Congrats with winning American Idol. Good luck with the rest of your long living career!

janet November 01, 2011 | 9:20 AM

Hello Scotty,So Glad you let people know its not about money or fame.a true relationship is based on just being yourself and enjoying the simple things in life.Living life to the fullest.im proud of you. your sweet and handsome and very talented and you will go along way.im country to and everybody has certain talents.I sketch and sometimes sang .just keep on being yourself and ask god daily to put that special person in your life when the time is right.take care and good luck and god bless you janet

roger cole September 27, 2011 | 8:29 AM

YOU HAVE A FANTASTIC VOICE,DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR SELF SING FROM THE HEART

Debbie August 08, 2011 | 3:46 AM

Dear Scott, Congrats & P.S. Tweet me sometimes OK? @ScottyMKnollPH I Love You & the rest of the Idols this big just like my mother does! :)

Dee June 30, 2011 | 3:33 PM

I picked Scotty from the moment he opened his mouth, I am so excited that he won.........we havent heard the last from Scotty McCreary yet.

samantha May 27, 2011 | 12:35 PM

Dear Scotty, I loved you from the moment I heard you sing! I was so happy that you won. Your sweet, nice, and adorable. I hope we meet someday so we can go on a date. Good luck with your music career. I'll be waiting for your new c.d. Love, Samantha

Annabel May 27, 2011 | 11:43 AM

Scotty, you are gonna do fine out there! I love youu!

Janie Westbrook May 27, 2011 | 11:18 AM

Dear Scotty, I had a STRONG feeling you were going to win it all. The music industry needs to know a clean cut kid from the south (my home town, Garner)can teach them something. You are so remarkable cute and talented....keep the faith. Janie

Dolores Jager May 27, 2011 | 10:42 AM

Dear Scotty, I had pick you from the start,I new that you would win. I'm very happy for you and your new career. And as far as a girlfriend right now, Just wait because,the right girl will come alone when your ready. She'll love you for who you are, and not for being the 2011 American Idol. Good Luck Scotty Dolores Jager

juliannna May 27, 2011 | 10:26 AM

Dear Scotty, You are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!