Steven Tyler
Dreams On

Clad with a pristine white piano and signature mic, Steven Tyler wowed the American Idol audience with his classic anthem -- Dream On.

Scotty McCreery wasn't the only winner at Wednesday night's American Idol finale. Steven Tyler captivated the audience with his classic hit Dream On.

Steven Tyler

Talk of whether or not Steven Tyler would take the stage with Aerosmith swirled up until the finale itself. Regardless of official confirmation and buzz, fans held out hope they'd show the world how it's done.

What fans did get was Steven Tyler at his best. Dressed in typical Tyler garb, all in white, the singer sat behind a piano and played the introductory notes to Dream On. When he sang the first few lines it was over -- he had us.

Jennifer Lopez was jumping in her seat, Randy Jackson was throwing his hands up and the audience was mesmerized.

When it came time for the crescendo no one can hit like him, Tyler kicked up his leg and whirled that scarf-embellished microphone stand just like he's done many times before.

We can't explain exactly how epic his last look into the camera was, so we thought it would be better to show it. Check out Steven Tyler's stellar performance of Dream On during the American Idol finale. Oh, they gave him the closing spot on the bill of performers (besides the winner) -- coincidence? We think not.

Comments

Comments on "Steven Tyler performs Dream On with powerhouse vocals on American Idol"

Chris June 19, 2011 | 10:11 AM

Stev en Tyler is great!!!! And always will be! I cant quit watching him on American Idol singing one of My favorite songs! God Bless you Steven Tyler! And the people that dont understand him and hes great comments whether its has a few f words! Hey hes a GREAT entertaner! Forgive and forget! Love ya! Steven and keep on keeping on!!!!!

Pattie June 02, 2011 | 12:52 PM

I love Steven Tyler and he is truly a great performer. Yes, he won the American Idol award for 2011.

susie May 26, 2011 | 10:20 PM

I love LOVE you Steven Tyler You are what makes the whole show Love ya baby

jamboree May 26, 2011 | 8:50 PM

It may be a sin but I LOVE STEVEN TYLER!!!!!

jamboree May 26, 2011 | 8:49 PM

It's probably a sin, but I LOVE STEVEN TYLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Witchy May 26, 2011 | 5:13 PM

The best judge american idol ever had. Steven showed everyone he has a heart.. love that about him. Amazing performance for the end of the show... Simon who?!

Ain Noraini May 26, 2011 | 5:11 PM

I voted this guy as a real winner of the American Idol 2011 ..HE is a true entertainer with great super powerfull voice..in which for the rest of the contestant can only DREAM ON.

Tal May 26, 2011 | 11:52 AM

The whole night, I was waiting for a performance like that; it was about half way through the show and the only thing I was thinking was, "They're running out of time for Steven Tyler!" After the break, when I saw Ryan sitting in Steven's spot and him being no where seen, I knew it. Steven truly rocked the whole house. Dream on.

Nissim May 26, 2011 | 9:32 AM

Throughout this season's American Idol I was hoping for a Steven Tyler performance. When week after week none was forthcoming I began to wonder if the Great Scarfed One no longer had the signature pipes that we all grew up loving and cherishing. How wrong I was to doubt. Steven Tyler was at his prime with crystal clear and powerful vocals that were flawless across the tonal gamut. Steven, you haven't lost an iota of your genius, you are young forever.

Wyatt May 26, 2011 | 9:13 AM

Steven Tyler was clearly the winner of American Idol 2011.