Steven Tyler Busy

American Idol judge Steven Tyler's former girlfriend Julia Holcomb has spoken out, stating that Tyler pressured her to have an abortion when she was five months pregnant, despite her desire to carry her pregnancy. Her version of the events aren't the same as Tyler's, which he shared in his autobiography, Does the Noise in My Head Bother You? Keep reading to find out what Holcomb says really happened.

steven-tyler-girlfriend-abortionSteven Tyler, American Idol judge and lead singer of Aerosmith, allegedly forced his former girlfriend, Julia Holcomb, to have an abortion. During the abortion, Holcomb says that Tyler sat by her hospital bed and snorted cocaine.

Holcomb says that he threatened to end his relationship with her if she didn't have an abortion. As a result, the 17-year-old underwent the procedure when she was five months pregnant.

Even more upsetting, the Daily Mail reports that because Holcomb was so far along in her pregnancy, she was given an injection to induce labor. Her son was born alive and then "left to die."

Tyler released his autobiography, Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?, prompting Julia Holcomb to share her version of the events leading up to the abortion. She says that Tyler initially wanted to have a baby with her -- Holcomb claims that Tyler even tossed her birth control pills over a balcony. When she became pregnant, she assumed they'd get married and have a family.

However, five months later, while Tyler was on tour, there was a fire at their house. Holcomb, who was home at the time, was rushed to the hospital. She later woke up to be told by a doctor that Tyler suggested she have an abortion "since I was so young and recovering from smoke inhalation."

Holcomb resisted. "I was five months pregnant. I could not believe he was even asking me to have an abortion at this stage," she said. "He spent over an hour pressing me to go ahead and have the abortion."

Despite her misgivings, Holcomb says that she finally relented and agreed to the abortion when Tyler said he would end their relationship if she didn't.

After the abortion, Holcomb says, "Steven was relieved and happy. He reassured me that he cared for me and that after the abortion everything would be fine."

This is quite contrary to what he wrote in Does the Noise in My Head Bother You? "You go to the doctor and they put the needle in her belly and they squeeze the stuff in and you watch," wrote Tyler. "And it comes out dead. I was pretty devastated. In my mind, I'm going, Jesus, what have I done?"

We're wondering whether Steven Tyler will respond to Julia Holcomb's recount of the abortion.

Comments

Comments on "Steven Tyler forced girlfriend to get abortion at five months pregnant"

anonymous February 19, 2012 | 8:51 PM

I believe that this is something she completely chose (lets face it, it was her choice) and if it was that important than she would not have cared ay less whether or not he was going to leave her. She is now stating this because is upset that she does not have an "heir to HIS fortune"!!!

Lars December 22, 2011 | 3:39 PM

Doesn't anybody get it?Steven tyler is deceptively talking about two different girls and thats why julia often says steven distorts memories and exaggerates their relationship.Tyler is manic when he wants someone and his bizzarre fusion of mixing memories is probably linked to his hidden secret wife,from stevens drug days as a bigamist.'he is probably hoping she still loves him and will figure out which part of the story fits her.

JP Prichard May 27, 2011 | 1:37 PM

I coerced three abortions when I was 17/18 years old. And it was perfectly legal. Why are people act surprised to find out that a man might pressure a woman into something they think of as the crown jewel of American feminism? Think about it - if a man can pressure a woman into (she "consents" by giving in even though she my not be "into it"), if a man can often pressure her into not reporting domestic violence to the police, or if a man can even (all to frequently) pressure a woman into prostitution, why would coercing a woman into abortion be unfathomable?

Dale May 26, 2011 | 8:34 PM

It seems that all of the journalists riffing off this NRO story have not actually read Tyler's memoir. In it, he mentions nothing about the abortion. Zero. Zilch. He devotes only a few pages to their entire "relationship" from start to finish. That abortion quote of his was taken from the "Walk This Way" Aerosmith biography of years ago... in which Tyler claimed she was "around 14 years old," not 16, by the way. Either way, it's amazing to me that so many people are jumping on this story as a means of furthering their anti-choice agenda when the real question is, what was Tyler doing making himself guardian over and having with a teenager? Jamie Lyn, his account of the whole Lil Bo Peep thing cannot be trusted as the truth if you ask me. If you read "Walk This Way," you'll see that his publicist who was one of the contributors to the book recalls, "he dressed her up as Little Bo Peep, made her wear outfits, for God's sake, little schoolgirl frocks." So that's yet another different retelling. Whether he was high as a kite (and I can't blame him under the circumstance) while witnessing an induced miscarriage, I'm sure the image tore a hole in his soul and will never leave him. May he find peace. But why is this turning into an anti-choice news sensation, when the larger picture is a grown man shagging a minor? Just sayin...

Jamie Lyn May 26, 2011 | 12:36 AM

You got the story wrong first of all. She made the choice, though unhappily. She was not a victim. She was a groupie-hooker who dressed up as Little Bo Peep, got backstage looking for Steven and offered to have with him. She wanted him! He did fall for her and took care of her for 3 years. They loved each other. She was no innocent. She is using his popularity now to push her own pro-life values on to others. She is preaching her right-wing conservative values. She is using his newfound notoriety to do this. She wasn't forced to do anything. She went after him and chose to stay with him and she didn't have to abort. She probably had several great years with him attending the concerts, living in his big house, riding in his porsch, dining out etc....

Jenn May 26, 2011 | 12:11 AM

Actually Julia Holcomb does take responsibility for the abortion, if you read the whole article: http://www.lifesitenews/news/the-light-of-the-world-the-steve-tyler-and-julia-holcomb-story She also writes that she understands now that Tyler went thru a trauma himself after the abortion. Though he was selfish to coerce a teenager who he had previously asked to have his baby in the first place, I don't think Tyler is a bad guy, just a flawed human like the rest of us. I think she only came out with this account because Tyler's written about intimate details of her life twice now,and also other writers have publically speculated on the her and the abortion. Until now she has been silent for over 30 years.

Rosalynn May 25, 2011 | 9:31 PM

I think having an abortion is a choice that a woman makes. That being said, you can't blame anyone for a decision you made that you regret. I'm not saying he didn't put her in an impossible situation. It was incredibly awful on his part, but take accountability. I think it would have been better if she said she regrets her decision instead of being forced. She made a bad decision. Admit it and move on.

Patricia Murrell May 25, 2011 | 6:31 PM

their is all ways 2 sides to every story, and I beleave she got the abortion because she wanted it. She is just mad because she got dump! Get over it already and get on with your life, more then one fish in the sea.