Maksim's Final Dance?

Pro dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who danced with Kirstie Alley this season, says this may be his last year of Dancing With the Stars. Say it isn’t so!

maksim and kirstie

Hunky Ukrainian dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley lost this season's Dancing With the Stars to Hines Ward and Kym Johnson -- and he hints he may be hanging up his dancing shoes (and tight leather pants) for good.

"It takes a lot out of you. When you invest that much of you into something that's supposed to be just work you [can] get misinterpreted. I don't know [if I'm coming back]. We'll see. Right now, I'm drained," Maks told AOL News.

The dancer, who was linked to his partner Erin Andrews last year and participated in the Ukrainian version of The Bachelor, wants to branch out. He says he would like to open up his own dance studio!

Many DWTS pros have moved on after a successful stint on the show, including siblings Julianne Hough and Derek Hough. Maks, however, has yet to win the mirror ball trophy -- so has he given up that hope?

No official word from ABC, however, Kirstie Alley tweeted: "You PROS have become STARS in your own RIGHT... U should be REVERED as such!!! In my book u are IRREPLACEABLE!!!!"

Comments

Comments on "Maksim Chmerkovskiy quitting Dancing With the Stars?"

Romeo March 26, 2013 | 12:48 PM

I will miss Max.I think they should replace all those judges. I would like to see them get up and dance each week with someone who doesn't know how to dance. Then they can show us how great they are.

cyndi October 24, 2011 | 6:39 PM

without max and derek theres no dancing with the "stars" i mean dancing with a "celebrity" - its a personality contest not a dancing contest; max's comments tonight were spot on and for carryann to tell MAX TO BE RESPECTFUL - HE SHOULD HAVE WALKED OFF THE SET - ITS HIS SHOW IS RIGHT

Mary June 02, 2011 | 6:54 PM

I can't imagine DWTS without Maks. He is such a great dancer, it's sometimes difficult to watch his partner and he has a dynamic personality. Mask please come back next season.

olha May 28, 2011 | 10:30 PM

me too, I love Maks. I wouldnt watch without Maks either. I love u Maks.

Carolyn May 28, 2011 | 6:35 PM

I love Max! It is a wonderful dancer and has a smile to light the room. Very, very NICE to look at. Not sure if I will watch if he does not return next season. I am not so sure about the voting.......??????

Ahmaleigh May 27, 2011 | 1:29 PM

Guess I'll jump on with the crowd. If Maks goes DWTS is a no go. He's cute, he's a flirt, knows he's all that and a bag of chips and can dance too. Maks do what you gotta do and be happy.You are the best fantasy a woman could have!

Mare May 27, 2011 | 1:23 PM

Toatally luv Maks time to move on..Move to Cally make dance movies like Sat Nite Fever,Grease,Urban Cowboy..your fans are waiting for Mature dance movies...your funny, your a great actor & your obviously a great dancer & total eye candy..this is a no brainer.

Janice Guy May 27, 2011 | 10:16 AM

If Maks does not return to DWTS, I will not be watching it. He is the best dancer of all. He dances with such pride and passion. My opinion is that it could be time to get some new judges who keep an open mind and judge fairly. Maybe they are jealous of Maks!!

patty May 27, 2011 | 4:08 AM

Maks was the only reason i watched "DWTS" Great dancer, Great choreographer, Great coach and most of all; a great personality.I also felt he was robbed of the trophy with Brandy and Erin. The show won't be the same without him. There is just something special about him and the way he dances......Sooooo entertaining and a joy to watch. We all love you Maks!!!!! Please come back next season.

Maks fan May 26, 2011 | 6:21 PM

NO Maks, No watch DWTS. When he skipped season 6, so did I. I hope he rests, finds a wife, and comes back next season

Texas mama May 26, 2011 | 2:11 PM

What a Choreographer! In my estimation DWTS is primarily a popularity contest and very little attention is paid to the talent of the pros. Maks is the best teacher,dancer and Choreographeron the show. Mark is next in line. The trophy would be great since I feel that Maks more than deserves it but, Maks if you read these, you have the hearts of millions and that is a much better trophy. We all love you and hope you continue on next season.

Deidra May 26, 2011 | 1:38 PM

OMG!! Dancing with the Stars without Maks...my heart is breaking. Please don't go Maks !!

cynthia obianodo May 26, 2011 | 12:06 PM

i am so not watching if maks leave.. whats the show wthout maks in it.. and true he isnt appreciated to the level at whch he is mnt to be and his brother needs to get on the show aswell they are both hotties.. plz maks we love you dnt goo..

B.W.Link May 26, 2011 | 9:20 AM

It's the aging (not that Maks is old) athlete that reaches a point in his or her career when you think about calling it quits. Here's the thing. You get that "stuff" in your blood and it's hard to get it out. You begin to have second thoughts and you are back. Maks, take some well deserved time off, and we will see you next season. I speak from experience. I retired from a law enforcement career after almost forty years, and wish that I was back.

B.W.Link May 26, 2011 | 9:14 AM

B.W.Link May 26, 2011 | 8:56 AM

Debra May 26, 2011 | 7:57 AM

It would be so sad to see Maks leave DWTS, but maybe that is why Teddy was introduced this season. He is like a mini-Maks. Have you seen his moves OMG it is like watching Maks. Kuddos to Maks for all he does and he deserves to follow his dreams. DWTS won't be the same without him.

Luanne May 26, 2011 | 7:05 AM

I WILL NOT WATCH IF MAX LEAVES. HE IS NOT ONLY THE BEST MALE DANCING PRO, HE IS ENTERTAINING AND PRETTY GOOD TO LOOK AT TOO!!!!!!!!

Mary May 25, 2011 | 8:50 PM

I wouldn't watch the show either. Maks makes the show and I'm disappointed that he gets so close and loses... I sometimes wonder if the show isn't rigged to keep him from winning. I mean look at the judges they seem to favor all the other pros regardless if their star can dance or not, but you put Maks out there and they bash him left and right most of the time. I'm about to stop watching the show. I do know I wont watch next season if Maks isn't on it.

Tammie May 25, 2011 | 7:07 PM

I already stopped watching the show after last year's fiasco when Maks and Brandy were robbed of the "Finals". Now to hear that he still doesn't have a trophy--I don't blame him one bit. He should let his star shine on another stage. In addition, in 12 seasons, not one Black female has won. No matter how talented they are, they become victims of ABC DTWS Curse! I'm gone, Maks should do what his heart tells him. "I trust you Maks".