David Cook's
Funny New Video

David Cook just released the new video for his new song, The Last Goodbye.

David Cook releases new video for The Last Goodbye

One of American Idol's most popular champs, David Cook, is about to hit the music scene again with a new album and new single.

Cook's new album, This Loud Morning, is set for release on June 26. The lead single off his sophomore effort is The Last Goodbye -- and now the video is set to officially premiere during American Idol's two-night finale!

Don't worry, Word Nerds -- you don't have to wait until Idol to see the music video. We did some major investigation (i.e. a Google search) and found the leaked video online.

So how does death play into the whole thing?

Well, it's actually pretty funny. The video revolves around Cook's visit to the beach to write a few songs and get over the loss of his girl. The silly guy is so distraught that he manages to drop his wallet and leave all of his belongings on the beach, along with a notebook that has The Last Goodbye scribbled on it. A well-intentioned passerby sees that and assumes Cook met his fate in the water.

Meanwhile, Cook goes back to his hotel where his bandmates bring him a newspaper with the story of his demise.

Watch David Cook's The Last Goodbye video

Also, pay attention Cook fans: He's actually invited to the American Idol finale -- unlike last year's winner Lee DeWyze. He'll be performing the Simple Minds classic (Don't You) Forget About Me on Tuesday night's show.

"Every time I hear that song I think of Judd Nelson on the football field with his fist in the air," Cook told The Hollywood Reporter last month. "I'm extremely happy with the end result. It was a huge honor."

Are you excited for David Cook's new album?

Comments

Comments on "American Idol winner David Cook plays dead in new video"

kcchiefsgal May 31, 2011 | 4:58 PM

I loved the new video!! How good did he sound. Already preordered the new cd so waiting not so patiently for it to come out. I hope it is even way more popular than his first official cd. I wish he would do some video's or songs about Kansas city.

angie_puertorico May 30, 2011 | 10:02 PM

how much did i miss David Cook!! the wait has been a real torture because I really really like his music, his voice, his songwriting, and his VIDEOS!! how much crap I have to endure on the radio these days, I hope his new album is very well accepted on the radio, we need more strong/versatile voices like him =)

Lois May 29, 2011 | 9:48 AM

American Idol has never been the same since David Cook won. I have been so bored the last three years. No one has even come close to his originality and that voice, OMG! I guess AI knows it too, since they always have hime and Carrie Underwood as guests every year.

Sydney May 28, 2011 | 2:40 PM

He really does do great videos! I honestly love his voice and think he has star quality. I think his new album is going to be huge. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a movie to he just has a y way about him.

Viv May 24, 2011 | 7:41 PM

Am I excited to see David Cook again? Is that a rhetorical question. :)

mia May 24, 2011 | 7:41 PM

We're beyond excited! Btw, the video was not leaked, it premiered on iTunes, & can be downloaded for FREE! Aside from The Last Goodbye, there are videos of new songs from This Loud Morning on youtube, they are all great! Check out: Paper Heart, Time Marches On & Take Me As I Am.

Made May 24, 2011 | 10:36 AM

Excited is understatement, lol! David has already premiere four songs off of "This Loud Morning" and all of them are just amazing. As VIN said, David will perform DYFAM on Idol tonight but not the music video, though the video if up on iTunes for grabs ;)

Vin May 24, 2011 | 10:18 AM

I don't think the video is being premiered/shown on AI. That was on iTunes. I think he's only slated to do DYFAM. Yes, considering the major snub last year's winner got, sure happy DC is getting such respect. Shame on AI for the Lee snub. Uncalled for.

HeyJoanieB May 24, 2011 | 10:10 AM

Love the new David Cook video. Can't watch it without lol at the end. Can't wait for the new album coming out June 28th.