As The Oprah Winfrey Show ends 25 years of amazing seasons, O: The Oprah Magazine has compiled cool stats from seasons past. How many cars did Oprah give away? What male and female celebrity made the most appearances on her show? Find out below!
The June issue of O: The Oprah Magazine celebrates 25 years of The Oprah Winfrey Show by compiling some amazing stats from the past seasons. The issue, which features two different covers (one current photo of Oprah and one of Oprah circa 1986), features a story called "Adding It All Up" in which they dedicate three pages to fun facts and stats from The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Here is a sneak peek of some cool stats from The Oprah Winfrey Show:
Oprah Show audience:
- Number of audience members per show: Between 315 and 365
- Approximate total of audience members over 25 seasons: 1.3 million
- Number of guests who were U.S. presidents: Five (not to mention five first ladies, seven princes, six princesses, one reigning queen, one former queen, one earl, one lord, one count and one duchess)
- Appearances by Celine Dion, the most frequent female guest (not counting Gayle King, 139): 27
- Appearances by Chris Rock, the most frequent male guest (not counting Dr. Phil, 118; Dr. Oz, 62; and Nate Berkus, 51): 25
- Appearances by Suze Orman: 26
More fun Oprah Winfrey Show stats:
- Number of times the word poop or pooping was spoken on the May 3, 2005 episode about digestive health, featuring Dr. Oz: 15
- Percent chance that Oprah will cry during the final episode on May 25: 100
- Episodes broadcast from New York City: 10
- Episodes broadcast from Los Angeles: 26
- Episodes broadcast from Amarillo, Texas (during Oprah's beef trial): 29
- Other locations from which the show has taped include Walt Disney World, the sets of Baywatch, American Idol, Friends, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy, Radio City Music Hall, the Nashville Farmers' Market, polygamists' ranch in Texas and the bridge in Madison County, Iowa.