AI Contract
Is Almost Up

The top three American Idol contestants aren't the only familiar faces at risk of their last night on the show. Time is running out on host Jennifer Lopez's contract!

Jennifer Lopez's days as one of the American Idol hosts could be just about up. As the American Idol 2011 season comes to a close the question remains if the singer plans to renew her contract.

Among the reasons for Jennifer Lopez to stay on as an AI judge are the salary -- she raked in a whopping $12 million to judge this season -- and the increased visibility she has gained from being part of the television series.

One source is quoted as saying the chance Jennifer will return for a second American Idol season is pretty good. "She knows what Idol has given her, but she also knows how to work it to her advantage," Earsucker reports. "She's been around the block, so to speak before and knows how to negotiate. I'd estimate there's a good 80-90 percent likelihood of her returning as judge next season."

On the negative side are Jennifer Lopez's other commitments. The 41-year-old, seen here performing on May 14, just released her latest album Love? two weeks ago. And let's not forget she might want to spend a little time with husband Marc Anthony and their three-year-old twins Max and Emme!

Would you like to see Jennifer Lopez return for a second season of American Idol?

EVEN MORE AMERICAN IDOL NEWS:

James Durbin reacts to Adam Lambert's scathing critique
Country radio disses Idol's Scotty McCreery
American Idol top 3 sing judges' choice songs

Comments

Comments on "Will Jennifer Lopez return as American Idol judge next year?"

sara February 28, 2013 | 10:23 AM

Now Jennifer left the show and American Idol is not the most viewer show.and new judges made it more bad. Hope to see her in AI again ?

aimee May 27, 2012 | 11:48 AM

I hope she doesn't return. Keep S. Tyler, he's great, she on the other hand ruins the AI.

AnsBack May 20, 2012 | 4:07 PM

J Lo, is old and not appealing on American Idol. Allow someone else to take J Lo's place.

mike May 28, 2011 | 7:35 PM

I also hope that both Lopez and randy leave the show. It was ok for them to lecture Pia on her style of ballad choice singing but they never lectured Scotty on his one track monotonous style of country singing. This has been one of the most un professional biased judging ever. I cannot wait for the x factor to begin, where competent judges are not threatened by looks and artistic talent. I also wish both Pia and haley go on to show that jealous Lopez that she is past her prime. Get rid of Lopez or buy her off not to return again.

TYant May 26, 2011 | 2:26 PM

If Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler dont return next season, neither will I. I watched AI faithfully the year of "Carrie Underwood" and loved it. Then it just fell away. The judges were terrible and it was no longer worth watching. I turned on the first auditions this season to check out Lopez and Tyler....That was it I was hooked. I love how the judges play off of each other, how Jennifer is genuinely sincere and how Steven is so unpredictalbe. They know what they are talking about as far as mentoring these hopefulls and it was just an amazing season. I truely hope all 3 judges come back!!! The rating speak for themselves.

Trasie May 26, 2011 | 7:05 AM

I loved Jennifer Lopez on American Idol it made the show more personal and she has a big heart. Its about time we have a judge that shows her heart. I never watched American Idol all the way through before this year on the account of that but this year with Jennifer and Steven added to the mix I watched every show glued to my set. I loved this season best and will continue to watch because adding heart is what the show needed adding Jennifer was the best decition ever. Keep her on.

Dee May 25, 2011 | 6:43 AM

She needs to go. I have always loved A.I. but it was so terrible this year mainly because JLo wears her feelings on her sleeve. It was so obvious who her favorites were. I'm a Scotty fan but, I felt so bad for Haley, it was so obvious how JLo just wanted her gone and as the previous person commented, she treated Pia & Haley as rivals. What's even more frustrating is that Randy goes along with JLo, I don't get it! I will not be watching A.I. in the future unless JLo is gone. Bring on the X-Factor!

al May 24, 2011 | 10:10 PM

okay wow everyone hating on jennifer are complete idiots! i think she rocks as a judge and would love for her to come back! i even think that her being a judge on the show gave this season more fans!!! i don't know what everyone is talking about thinking the girls are her rivals that is so not true at all. jennifer has her own idividuality that no one can ever compare to, therefore she has no reason to fear the other female contestants. Jennifer please come back next season!

Sha May 20, 2011 | 3:58 PM

I was such a fan of J-Lo's before this Idol season, but how disappointing to see her behave in such a petty and jealous manner. She likes all the boys but is clearly threatened by the ier, more mature girls. And poor Randy always seems incapable of standing on his own so he went right along with her. Cute and innocent-looking Lauren has an amazing voice but rarely performs well on stage; still J-Lo and Randy gush over her every single time. Haley never misses a note, never gets off pitch, shows an incredible range and an ability to sing any type of music and J-Lo could barely force a smile for her. It was painful to watch the abuse that was dumped on her week after week. When Pia nailed her songs time and time again, J-Lo complained that she needed do sing something different, something up-tempo. At times, she even sweetly encouraged Scotty to show some variety. But poor Haley, since she can sing any type music, they are just too "confused about who she is as an artist." Steven is awesome, seems genuinely interested in helping the kids, but lately seems disgusted by J-Lo and Randy - I'm sure he's done with Idol and won't be back next year- what a shame! Please please please get rid of J-Lo, I don't think I can bear to watch another season of it. And how pathetic if our future American Idol's have to be males or females who don't outshine Ms. Lopez.

Mary May 20, 2011 | 8:02 AM

Please go away Jlo...useless, useless and more useless. Week after week she proved to be a gushing fan of a few and instead of judging individuals with no bias...she used her position to try to sway votes. Balling like a baby when her favorites sent home. I can't stand her. If you watch may 18 show judging it's the most apparent even though she said some positive things...her eyes said more...cold and lifeles, could care less about Haley...she would praise her slightly but go on about negatives. And how lovely of her to go out on a limb and say winner round 3 before hearing Haley sing. What a supreme biotch! There's so much more from that night and over the weeks about she she sucks. for her to gush over Lauren who missed a key change...giving lauren a song that would provide her a "moment"...whereas Haley got "you oughtta barf" a screaming song whose own singer can't sing very well... Idols a joke ESP with J"useless".

veronica colby May 20, 2011 | 7:15 AM

I would love it if she came back next year shes the best!!!!!I love her

gemmax May 19, 2011 | 9:31 PM

I think jennifer is the worst judge ever on American Idol. She seemed jealous of female contests, even going so far as to copy their hairstyles, dresses, etc. she seemed to hate Haley. Haley will someday be a megastar, bigger than Jennifer ever thot about being. Jennifer needs to step back and enjoy being a mentor. Her day is over. She can make a video, but anyone can with all that glitz behind them..but she has never had the vocals that haley does. How sad that she helped cause a skewed vote, so that we already know the winner is Scotty. Lauren is sweet, but too young and not enough confidence yet ..Get a judge that has no ME ME ME issues. The show is not about the judges, after all.

Mickey May 19, 2011 | 2:27 PM

Dear god, make her go away. Her and that idiot Randy. I too, thought she would be a great judge, but she has turned into a vindictive, nasty, horrible Beeeaatch. She can't sing herself so there's no way she should be judging singers. And it's pretty obvious that she's easily threatened - talk about the 'fish-eye' she's been giving Haley for the past few weeks!

SC May 19, 2011 | 8:48 AM

I hope not - she's a horrible, catty judge who treats young women like they are her rivals. Probably an inferiority complex from having to use autotune as a crutch in her own career. She needs to go, and it would be great if she took her yack-back Randy with her.

Ava May 18, 2011 | 10:14 PM

I liked her at first because she has a lot to say unlike Ellen who sucked as a judge. But JLo majorly sucks as a judge. Never criticizing but only the song choices and together with Randy are mean to Haley. I hope she and Randy leave AI.

joeinformed May 18, 2011 | 9:58 PM

I sure hope not. She just picks her favorites (Scotty and Lauren) and gives them rave reviews no matter how bad they are. Then she tries to crush their competition(Haley) by cutting them down. I can't stand her.