Josh Turner With Scotty McCreery!

American Idol finalist Scotty McCreery gets the surprise of a lifetime, thanks to country superstar Josh Turner.

Country superstar Josh Turner showed that he has the ability to make even the most hardened cowboys cry when he showed up to perform with American Idol finalist Scotty McCreery at the 17-year-old's hometown show Saturday.

Josh Turner surprises American Idol finalist Scotty McCreery

Here's how it went down: McCreery was performing a cover of Turner's Your Man for his Garner, North Carolina fans when the audience suddenly went wild. He didn't know what was happening until he turned around and saw Turner.

"Oh my God!" McCreery yelled when he realized it was Turner.

"All these people are here for you," Turner told McCreery. "I had heard you never sang this song with a band before and were a little bit nervous, so I decided I would bring a few of my guys in."

It was adorable -- the sort of syrupy-sweet moment that brings tears to your eyes. The deep-voiced duo continued their impromptu collaboration with Long Black Train. Turner has said that he's rooting for McCreery to win it all on Idol.

Turner also hails from North Carolina, so it was sweet that he turned out to help a hometown musician make his break into the country world. He's popular in country music thanks to his sexy, deep voice (and he's not too hard on the eyes either).

And as for McCreery? He deserves to be in the top three -- he's humble, sweet and cute in that "aww shucks" sort of way.

Expect to see all of this on American Idol Wednesday, but check out the video too.

Josh Turner surprises Scotty McCreery

Comments

Comments on "Josh Turner gives hometown love to American Idol's Scotty McCreery"

Williambriggs May 17, 2011 | 3:41 AM

I read on another site that over 30,000 people were there and that Scotty performed like a seasoned veteran! Held his own with his "idol" Josh Turner - and wowed the crowd with at least 6 or 7 other songs. Even had an encore. And one more Scotty "tidbit" - read that while on Idol he has been keeping up his grades and has maintained his "Honor Roll" status! http://bit.ly/j9AQhT

Meagan Morris May 16, 2011 | 2:23 PM

You all got me. Thanks for letting me know of my error..not intentional!

carol May 16, 2011 | 1:28 PM

we all know hes from n.c but we all love him anyway.

carol May 16, 2011 | 1:26 PM

we all know hes from n.c but we all love him anyway.

Vernita Coffey May 16, 2011 | 12:46 PM

A nicer thing could not happen to a nicer guy. Thank you Josh Turner for taking the time to surprise Scotty. Hands down Scotty you are going to be a great star. Good luck in the remainder of the competition. Voting for you as many times as I am allowed. God Bless you young man. Vernita Coffey

caroline May 16, 2011 | 12:11 PM

scotty is in nc not sc and my uncle used to lived near him!!!!!!!!!!!! love scotty sooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love you scotty :)

Pam May 16, 2011 | 11:18 AM

I just wanted to let you know two things -- Garner is from North Carolina, not South Carolina; AND when Scotty turned and saw Josh Turner he said Oh My Gosh, not Oh My God. Great article though.

carla Craig May 16, 2011 | 11:18 AM

Garner is in NORTH Carolina (right beside the capital city Raleigh). Turner is from SOUTH Carolina. I love Scotty -- what an amazing talent!!! And handsome!

Pam May 16, 2011 | 11:17 AM

Lydia May 16, 2011 | 11:17 AM

Scotty is not from SC, he is from Garner, NC.