Perry Focusing
On Sobriety

Matthew Perry plans to "go away for a month" to focus on his sobriety. The former Friends star suffered from a prescription pill addiction in the past and is taking some time out to care for himself. So where is he headed?

Matthew Perry is taking a month off to maintain his sobriety -- and we're glad to hear it. TMZ reports that Perry hasn't had a relapse, but instead is taking time out to focus on his sobriety as a proactive measure. No word on where he's heading for rehab.

Matthew Perry rehab

"I'm making plans to go away for a month to focus on my sobriety and to continue my life in recovery," he told TMZ in a statement. "Please enjoy making fun of me on the world wide web."

We absolutely will not make fun of Perry! His proactive concern for his own wellbeing and sobriety is refreshing and we're impressed with his commitment. Perry was in rehab in both 1997 and 2001 for a prescription pill addiction. We're glad he's addressing issues before they become bigger problems.

Sadly, Perry's television show Mr. Sunshine isn't earning the best ratings and rumor has it that it's at risk for being canceled. Perry created the show and serves as both star and co-producer.

We hope Perry's month in rehab is just what he needs to stay on track and we wish him the best.

Comments

Comments on "No more Mr. Sunshine: Matthew Perry heads back to rehab!"

Lisa F. January 15, 2012 | 10:13 AM

Matthew, I wish you well. Take all the time you need for your own well being. Loved "Mr. Sunshine". All of the "Friends" were great & I wouldn't miss a show w/ all the talent, but you were my favorite. I think my husband of 24yrs is a tad jealous. I'm an old movie buff, & to me you're the modern day Cary Grant of comedy. Handsome, witty, jumpy/nervous, & sarcastic as hell. Facial expressions priceless. Best of luck.

Raahul December 29, 2011 | 10:56 AM

ohh i missed this show..this show was amazing..i was so happy to see my Most Fvrt Actor in the world after such a long time..! when i see Cougur town..it is nice and Fun..but when i saw Mr.Sunshine..it was nice, fun, cute, Funny and i laugh a lot!! i like both of them but if i had to select one of them i would go for Mr. SUNSHINE!! God!!! plz call Mr. Sunshine back on air! And parry you said,"Please enjoy making fun of me on the world wide web." i feel so bad..why anyone make fun of YOU!!! we all love you man!! you are an amazing actor!

Maddie June 01, 2011 | 9:18 AM

It's refreshing to see a good guy who may or may not be in trouble, know when to stop and take time to address what is going on in himself. TAKE CARE of you and God bless. We LOVE and will think only positive good thoughts for your continued recovery! BRAVO for you! We want only the best for you. Take as long as you need--we, your loyal will wait!

Sally C. May 13, 2011 | 12:09 PM

That show was fantastic! I hope it stays on the air.

KJ May 12, 2011 | 10:00 PM

Really! who the hell does the ratings? I watched it all the time and when I missed it I watched it on Hulu! Goes to figure, any good show get's overlooked somehow!

MattS May 12, 2011 | 8:48 PM

Well, Matthew, I hope you get yourself on solid ground and loving yourself so you can get back to Mr. Sunshine fresh and anew with livelier and funnier stories and jokes. Love you and your cast of misfits and can't wait to see more!