Bethenny Frankel Sells Skinnygirl

You can call Bethenny Frankel many things, but you can't call her a bad businesswoman. Last night's season finale of Bethenny Ever After focused on the sale of Skinnygirl for a mind-boggling sum!

Bethenny Frankel

Bethenny Frankel is diving into a swimming pool filled with cash Scrooge McDuck-style today after announcing the sale of her Skinnygirl spirits brand on last night's season finale of Bethenny Ever After.

The newly-minted mogul, who has also appeared on The Apprentice: Martha Stewart and The Real Housewives of New York City, will continue to serve as a collaborator and developer as well as the face of the drink mixes.

While both sides are remaining mum on the exact selling price, The Hollywood Reporter has sources who peg it at close to -- are you ready for this? -- $120 million, a price Ramona Singer disputes. Fortune Brands' Beam Global now owns the line.

"This is the craziest thing in the entire world that has ever happened. I'm like a real business person."

"I went on the show single-handedly and exclusively for business," Frankel told The Hollywood Reporter. "I knew it was a risk and I had the most to lose, because I already had a platform. When I went on the show, no one was going on for business, no one had done anything."

Frankel has certainly turned her reality celebrity into a tidy business. Even before the sale of Skinnygirl she enjoyed a very lucrative book deal that saw 480,000 copies of her two books fly off the shelves.

This newfound fortune should make for an interesting next season of Bethenny Ever After!

Image courtesy C.Smith/ WENN.com

Comments

Comments on "Bethenny Ever After finale: Bethenny Frankel makes a fortune for her family"

chris May 11, 2011 | 6:13 PM

KUDOS TO BETHENNY, JASON AND THE WHOLE CAST! WHAT A WONDERFUL REALITY SHOW! SHE IS NO SLACKER! ALL HARD WORK AND DETERMINATION! LOVE THE SHOW AND WILL REALLY MISS IT! NY HOUSEWIVES ---EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT! SHE'S LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK...

Claudia S. May 11, 2011 | 8:43 AM

Simply put she's a likable person. I am so happy for you B!

Gail May 11, 2011 | 7:26 AM

Congratulations - love love the show, I am a huge fan and never miss a show. I think you and Jasom compliment each other and are not afraid to encourage one another to be better people in your perosnal lives and in business. I aspire to be half the person you are - you rock!

Karen May 10, 2011 | 9:46 PM

Kudos to you Bethenny! You have worked so hard and succeeded as a wife, mother, and businesswoman! I love your sense of humor and although you went through a difficult childhood, you have risen above it and have turned it into a positive and it has made you stronger and wonderful! Keep up the good work, but remember to cherish every moment because as you have seen this year....it can happen so fast and then it is just memories...so make it count. You GO SkinnyGirl! You are an inspiration to all of us who try to be all that we can be. You have a beautiful daughter, wonderful and supportive husband and really caring in-laws who love you. You are a saucy girl and that is who you are and never apologize for that! I wish you continued blessings in your life!

Sylvia May 10, 2011 | 6:51 PM

Good for you Bethenny and I hope the first commenter is wrong about you. I hope the Hoppy's love you for you and understand the fact that you did not have a solid family life growing up and to be patience with you. I do believe you are a good mother but I hope you will respect your husband and don't make him feel like he is not worthy now that you have made so much money. Success is great but it is even sweeter when you have people in your life that loves you for you. I believe that is your husband. I just hope you will always remember to honor him for all that he has supported you in and through. Don't get beside yourself. Real love is so hard to come by.

dee May 10, 2011 | 2:52 PM

I am sure that the Hoppes' hate Bethenny. The poor Mom has to put on this act for Jason's sake. Jason is a very nice guy -- might eventually come out as ! Good for Bethenny having made it but underneath the tears beats the heart of a .

BumbleBee May 10, 2011 | 11:21 AM

Good for Bethenny! She deserves it: She had an idea, she hustled and made it a success and all on her own terms. While those other bitterly jealous NYHousewives tried every trick in the book to sabotage her, Bethenny rose above it all and moved on, leaving them in her wake. BRAVO! (No pun intended!)

Bonnie May 10, 2011 | 9:25 AM

Wonderful! You did good girl! Can't wait to see next season!

susan May 10, 2011 | 9:17 AM