Vote On Kate's
Wedding Dress!

Kate Middleton finally debuted her much-anticipated wedding dress during the royal wedding early this morning. Was it everything you dreamed it would be? Take this poll!

Kate Middleton made history by marrying Prince William in a Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen wedding dress. The wedding dress features a sweetheart neckline with lace overlay and an ivory silk tulle veil accented with hand-embroidered flowers. The full-skirted dress was elegant and traditional, with lace covering the cut-out of the satin bodice in the back. Middleton carried a royal bouquet of myrtle, lily-of-the-valley, sweet William and hyacinth.

Kate Middleton's wedding dress

Did Kate Middleton's dress live up to your expectations? Vogue European editor Hamish Bowles said it was "magnificent" and gives credit to Sarah Burton.

Get Kate Middleton's royal wedding hairstyle! >>

"It's a marvelous tribute to British design that she would choose Sarah Burton, who's doing such a sensational job carrying the torch of McQueen's visionary talent," he said.

Some were a little disappointed in the design, saying it was too traditional and that they expected something a bit edgier coming from the Alexander McQueen label.

"I think the dress is perfectly beautiful but somewhat uninspired. Knowing it's coming from Sarah Burton -- and she is so enormously talented -- I expected a little bit more of pushing the envelope," said fashion designer Lela Rose.

"The dress is definitely safe, but totally appropriate for this occasion. With a gazillion people watching, this is not the time to have a Demi Moore or Kim Basinger 'design your own dress' moment," said E! Fashion Police host and celeb stylist George Kotsiopoulos, who compared the dress to the one Grace Kelly wore at her wedding.

Prince William of Wales and Kate Middleton royal wedding carriage

See more photos and get more details on the royal wedding dress here >>>

Tell us: What do you think of Kate Middleton's wedding dress? Is it a yay -- or nay? Vote now!

Tags: sarah burton

Comments

Comments on "Kate Middleton's wedding dress: Yay or nay?"

amanda April 08, 2013 | 8:42 AM

I felt disappointed in the dress - it fell flat - as did her hair. Was expecting wow-factor.

danushini May 03, 2011 | 2:49 AM

Kate was looking adorable on her wedding day,her gaun was just beautiful,i was speechless.......it looks so nice the wedding was perfect!!!!The prince was looking handsome to....happy married life for both of you!!may the good GOD bless u and ur family always....they are the next Britian rulers......

Victoria April 30, 2011 | 5:30 PM

The dress was the perfect contemporary spin on Grace Kelly's wedding dress. It was classy, timeless, but modern as well. It wasn't too over the top, either. England doesn't need excess this year, don't forget that. No one wanted to see anything overly extravagant. She was lovely and tasteful.

Claire April 30, 2011 | 5:16 PM

I thought Kate's dress was absolutely beautiful. It was classy and elegant- perfect for a royal wedding. I believe Kate will make a wonderful princess!

Royal Wedding of the Century April 29, 2011 | 6:32 PM

I did not like Kate Middleton's wedding dress. It was just simple. It had not flair. It was not unique. I have seen that style of wedding dress for years. In my opinion, I felt that Kate looked the same. There was nothing exciting or different looking about her on her wedding day. I am not trying to compare her to Lady Diana; but, Diana looked absolutely amazing on her wedding day. I love her wedding dress. Kate's dress is not that fabulous. I was disappointed. I stayed up passed 2:00 a.m. in the morning just to watch her wedding. Also, I felt Prince Charles' wife (Camilla) was dressed beautifully compared to Kate. Even Queen Elizabeth was dressed beautifully too compare to Kate. I guess we will have to wait another 30 years to see the next big royal wedding. I hope I have not offeded anyone by giving my opinion. I really love both William and Kate. Queen Elizabeth should be very proud that William married such a lovely young lady. I am so very happy that William found Kate. I wish them the very best and may God bless their marriage.

Kate April 29, 2011 | 5:51 PM

The gown was as sublime as the bride; classic and elegent.

Tess April 29, 2011 | 11:06 AM

Expected more glamour on her wedding day - she looks like her everyday self, even a bit older. Makeup was a little too pale. Can't help comparing her to Princess Di who had fun with her makeup and always looked great.

Rita S. April 29, 2011 | 10:03 AM

I was very underwhelmed by her gown. She looked as if she might have been marrying a dentist or a school teacher in that dress, rather than a future ruler of the British Empire. She is pretty but not beautiful as everyone keeps describing her. In my opinion, she does not have Diana's charm and flair.

Rita April 29, 2011 | 9:39 AM

Princess Kate. Beautiful dress. Well done Burton. The dress was elegant. Fitted perfect to Kate's personality. She will be the perfect princess. Prince William. HANDSOME. Beautiful wedding.

Renae April 29, 2011 | 9:19 AM

I loved her dress! Fit for a princess! The lace was beautiful and elegant. I think a royal wedding dress should be classic, not edgy.

Rhoda April 29, 2011 | 9:10 AM

It's funny. Kate Middleton's dress is exactly how I imagined it! It's a little uninspired, but hey, she looked beautiful, elegant and very classy. I had a dream that she ended up wearing a y number with a slit up her thigh and I was like, "Oh dear, nooooo!" Funny how invested we are in Kate's wedding dress, ha ha.