Carrie Underwood Belts Out "How Great Thou Art"

Carrie Underwood brought her fellow country musicians to tears with a stunning rendition of How Great Thou Art. The performance that brought the audience of the Academy Country Music Awards tribute to women in country music to their feet is now a viral video taking over the internet.

Carrie Underwood's How Great Thou Art performance has gone viral based on the sheer power and emotion in the 28-year-old singer's voice. The clip of Carrie and Vince Gill's performance has now been viewed on Youtube over 2 million times.

During Carrie Underwood's hearfelt singing of How Great Thou Art the cameras pan to the faces of fellow country music stars moved by the music. Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton are seen watching intently, while Naomi Judd is moved to tears.

Check out Carrie Underwood's How Great Thou Art performance for yourself.

Not bad for a girl who nobody knew just six years ago!

Carrie Underwood's star continues to rise, with a recent performance of hers beating out the Orlando Magic's NBA playoff game in popularity. The game drew in 98,000 viewers, while the simultaneously aired Girl's Night Out: Superstar Women of Country concert brought in a whopping 118,000. No small feat for a country music star!

Carrie also recently made her film debut in the movie Soul Surfer, which opened April 8. Carrie plays the role of Sarah Hill, a church youth leader, in the film about shark attack victim Bethany Hamilton.

With a marriage to hockey star Mike Fisher, a boatful of music awards, a feature film role, and popularity to make others green with envy, one has to wonder if there is anything Carrie Underwood can't do!

What do you think of Carrie Underwood's How Great Thou Art performance?

Comments

Comments on "Carrie Underwood makes country fans cry"

stephanie January 30, 2013 | 10:19 AM

Carrie is such an inspiration to me. I watch the video all the time. I don't go to church but hearing her sing this amazing song makes me want to give my life to the lord:-) Carrie I hope you sing more gospel songs in ur career. I love you carrie:-)

SEAMUS January 30, 2012 | 6:04 PM

MAY GOD BLESS CARRIE UNDERWOOD, KEEP HER SAFE ALWAYS , SO SHE MAY SING HIS PRAISES, NOT FORGETING VINCE GILL WHO IS SO GIFTED AND ENHANCES THIS WONDERFUL SONG

Evan Connor November 03, 2011 | 4:34 PM

Wow... gave me chills and tears. I love Carrie so much.

rita August 20, 2011 | 11:59 PM

trully amazing...nothing more can say,,,,i lover her, adore her so much....

TEC June 13, 2011 | 3:53 PM

I still play the video daily. Most amazing performance by any singer. Totaly awesome and most touching moment in music history.

Steven May 25, 2011 | 12:34 PM

I've listened to a lot of singers over the years but have to admit that Carrie has the finest and most versatile voice I've ever heard. From the moment she sung her first songs on Idol I was captivated. In the intervening few years since then she has blossomed into the best thing to happen in music in a long, long time. No doubt the finest rendition of How Great Thou Art ever sung. I feel privileged to be sharing time on this small blue orb as she sings the songs that flow through her. May she continue on forever... thanks Carrie, and thanks to your parents for the wonderful upbringing and foundation in God.

anna April 29, 2011 | 12:10 PM

Amazing, what a set of pipes! And a class act too, alas some of the OTHER women of country at the show could have used some tweaking. And I LOVED Vinve Gill's version of Jesus Take the Wheel, I hope he records that! And great harmony from him too!

susan April 29, 2011 | 8:24 AM

This performance by Carrie is anointed and brings me to tears every time I listen to it. Fantastic! She sings it with love and humility and very much like a lady. Her inner beauty shines through, which really comes from the Lord, it is His love we see. I love this video.

Archie L Pittman April 28, 2011 | 8:59 PM

I play that song over and over again. I cant get enough of it. It is the greatest thing Ive seen in a long long time. It ranks up there with the Eagles and I think it is ranked up there with Over the Rainbow, sung by Judy Garland, and some of Elvis Presley songs.. Thanks Carrie for the greatest 5 min in music.

Chris April 28, 2011 | 1:46 PM

Tuned in to a special country program and got treated to amazing worship!!! Carrie was singing to our Lord and it was just sweet. I cried, I was so overcome with the emotion she expressed in her singing and Vince's guitar playing. God indeed smiled an extra smile that night!!!

Glenn Magorian April 27, 2011 | 9:26 PM

Outstanding performance. I just love the song to pieces and it moves me to tears. I've played it over and over and can't believe what I'm hearing. Such a fantastic voice Carrie has and Vince Gill complimented her on his vocal part.

Sally April 27, 2011 | 9:02 PM

I don't believe I have EVER heard this song sung so beautiful GOD has surly blessed carrie Underwood4uch purity. When I'm down I liseten to this and I am uplifted. Thank you so much!

Jami April 27, 2011 | 4:18 PM

I was there that night it was three weeks ago. And my husband has yet to stop talking about it. You see he is Elvis biggest fan he was born in Memphis and grew up with Elvis. He called it during the American Idol year. He called it from the Hollywood round not the final 12. He looked at me one night 6 years ago when Carrie was singing in front of just the judges and said there is Elvis. How do you know honey? His answer was simple she loves her mother, she is humble, and I can see faith running through her.

Cory April 27, 2011 | 3:49 PM

I really with Carrie would: 1) release this performance of hers as a single, 2) make a gospel album, and 3) make a Christmas album.

ANA GONZALEZ April 27, 2011 | 3:22 PM

Carrie Underwood, amazing. It does not surprise me from the moment I saw her. She is a special person. In such a special time, Lent.

Jill April 27, 2011 | 2:32 PM

I always felt like Carrie's voice was the voice of an angel. Her singing "How Great Thou Art" proves it. If she could only sing in every Church on Sunday this world would be a better place and more people would definitely unite to hear the word of GOD. Carrie you are a WONDERFUL inspiration to us all. I hope you will consider releasing more gospel soon.

Linda Miller April 27, 2011 | 1:45 PM

I love the song and think that Carrie's rendition is the best I have ever heard. I have it on a CD from the Grand Ole' Opry performance and I play it all the time. I told my family that I want that song by Carrie to be played at my funeral. She sings as if she believes it because she does. What an inspiration to all of us.

Lesli Jackson April 27, 2011 | 12:39 PM

This also was my father's favorite song. He was a gospel singer and passed away 5 years ago. It brings back good memories of him when I hear the song and Carrie does it better than anyone I have heard in a very long time. There are so few truly good singers in the world but she is definately one of the best! Thanks Carrie!!

Maureen April 27, 2011 | 12:16 PM

This song is sooooo special to me. My mom passed away two years ago and she sang this song all the time everywhere she went. When I am in church and this song is song I know she is with me. Carrie did an amazing job in singing it I have been playing it over and over again Thanks Carrie !!!! Love it

Brenda Ball April 27, 2011 | 9:29 AM

I am an admitted Carrie Underwood fan and enjoyed her previous rendition of How Great Thou Art as performed at the Oprey, but this song was unbelievable. She has always remembered to thank God for her blessings and what better way of giving thanks than to use her voice to uplift people's hearts and celebrate her creator. I cry each time I view the clip, the spirit was defeintely with them during that performance. People that have fallen away from the church have been moved enough to attend by listening. It is indeed a very powerful song and I hope people remember what they felt when they listened to it and try to live accordingly.