The royal wedding of Prince William to Kate Middleton is this Friday, April 29th, 2011. The festivities begin at 9 a.m. in London – which means 3 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time. Set your alarms, auto-set the coffee and get ready to wach the extravagant $32 million royal wedding! But what channel should you tune into on TV?
The BBC is planning on two days of royal wedding coverage, while TLC is hosting a party in New York's Times Square with giant billboards telecasting the wedding.
If you are not in NYC, here is a round-up of where you can watch the Royal Wedding on TV this Friday. Please note that all times are in EDT and are subject to change:
- SheKnows: Catch a live stream of the royal wedding on SheKnows! We will also be furiously posting updates and pics, so stay tuned!
- MSNBC and BBC America: Coverage starts at 3 a.m. EDT; BBC coverage lasts until 7p.m.
- ABC: Coverage runs from 4 a.m.-10 a.m.; Diane Sawyer and Barbara Walters anchoring, as well as India Hicks who was a bridesmaid for Princess Diana
- NBC: Coverage runs from 4 a.m. – 10 a.m.; Matt Lauer, Meredith Vieira, Ann Curry, Al Roker and Brian Williams anchoring
- Fox News: Coverage runs from 4 a.m.- 9 a.m.; Shepard Smith and Joan Lunden and royal butler Paul Burrell
- CNN: Coverage runs from 4 a.m.-10 a.m.; anchored by Anderson Cooper, Morgan Piers and Cat Deeley
- CBS:Coverage runs from 5 a.m.-11 a.m.; Katie Couric and Erica Hill anchoring
- TLC : Coverage runs from 4 a.m.-11 a.m.; anchored by Clinton Kelly and Randy Fenoli
- E!: Coverage runs from 4 a.m.- 9 a.m.
Grab your friends and throw a royal wedding viewing party >>>
If you sleep through your alarm, don't worry!
Although early guests are expected to arrive at 3:15 a.m., many of the main wedding party will not arrive until later. Prince William will arrive at 5:10 a.m., Prince Charles at 5:38 a.m., Queen Elizabeth at 5:40 a.m. and Kate Middleton at 5:50 a.m.
The ceremony will begin at 6 a.m. and you can watch the carriage procession at 7:15 a.m. followed by the balcony waving at 8:25 a.m.
If you miss the early morning royal wedding, you can catch a highlight film re-playing the royal wedding every two hours until 5 am Saturday on BBC America. Prime time TV on Friday will have all almost all of the major networks doing a wedding re-cap.