Peeta And Gale
Set To Film!

Hunger Games finally has its Peeta and Gale. So, who are the lucky actors to star across from Jennifer Lawrence in the wildly anticipated film version of the book series?

Josh HutchersonHunger Games has to be one of the most highly anticipated films in recent memory. Well, outside of the superhero films, that is.

Based on the hit young adult novel by Suzanne Collins, it's the story of Katniss Everdeen, who will be played by Oscar nominee Jennifer Lawrence. According to the press release, The Hunger Games chronicles a dystopic Capitol which requires its twelve subjugated districts to pay tribute in the form of a teenage boy and girl, forced to participate in the annual "Hunger Games," a fight-to-the-death live televised event.

Katniss Everdeen's little sister is chosen in the lottery to participate and Katniss volunteers to take her place.

The casting of Lawrence was huge news in the movie world. And now, we know who will portray Peeta and Gale. Peeta is Katniss' rival for the win who publicly declares his longtime feelings for her. The sought after role of Peeta will be played by Josh Hutcherson from the Oscar nominated film The Kids Are All Right.

Gale, the boy with whom Katniss shares a "transcendent bond," will be played by Liam Hemsworth from The Last Song.

These book rights have been sold in 41 countries and it's sold over three million copies in the U.S. alone. It's also the first in a trilogy, so expect more than one film in this franchise.

We'd love to hear what you think of the casting. Are these the faces you pictured in your head? Let us know below. Hunger Games will be released by Lionsgate on March 23, 2012.

Comments

Comments on "Hunger Games fills out its cast"

De'Ja White April 12, 2011 | 9:39 PM

the guys are cute sure but can we at least have SOME FEATURES of the BOOK! I'm SORRY I WANT BLONDE HAIR AND BLUE Eyes give us an illusion I'm just saying they emphasize that quite a bit in sentamentale pats and i dont want to loose that moment w/that every detail?!

Maggie April 11, 2011 | 9:22 AM

Oh my god. If one more person complains about their appearances, I'm going to be so disappointed in this fandom. We all had our dream casts, but we also knew we couldn't have every single actors we wanted in the movie. I am a little disappointed in Liam Hemsworth, but I will wait until the movie comes out to pass final judgment on him. In my opinion, the cast should have been little known people, but it's understandable that they chose some big names to promote the movie. One reason I am happy with the casting is that they did NOT choose Alex Pettyfer and Taylor Lautner. They would have ruined it soooo much. Alex is too old looking for Peeta, and Taylor is just too eh. No matter how much anyone wanted them, they would have only been cast to promote the movie and not because they will do a good job with the roles.

M April 10, 2011 | 8:02 PM

Okay seriously people? If one more person mentions their appearence as a problem I'm going to freak out! Yes, Jennifer Lawrence will die her hair brown. She is also an OSCAR NOMINATED ACTRESS!!! Not some "ditzy blonde". And did any of you see Winters Bone? I'm presuming not if you don't think she is the epitome of courage. And yes, Josh Hutcherson will die his hair blonde and have colored contacts if that wasn't already obvious enough. Oh! And am I making this up or was he not also in an OSCAR NOMINATED FILM?! The producers, directors, and writers are not idiots, and know a hell of a lot more about the business than we do. So I don't think any of us have much room to pass judgement. We have some talented actors on our hands. All who have accomplished much more than any of the Twilight cast did before the franchise.

Lelly April 09, 2011 | 11:28 PM

I think Josh will do good as Peeta. He has the whole stocky thing going for him, plus he is cute. All he needs is some blonde hair dye and blue contacts! As for Liam... I think they could have picked someone a lot better. But, he could grow on us; we will just have to see how well he portrays Gale in the film. Jennifer Lawrence, with black hair and gray eyes, she will be perfect. I think the only minor issue is that she looks a bit too old to play Katniss. I guess overall though, they made a pretty good casting decision :)

G April 09, 2011 | 8:43 PM

People. I understand your problems with the appearances of the actors. but remember: in movies, anything is possible, and they can make these people look like anything. So suck it up and wait for the movie to come out before you criticize.

Katherine salby April 09, 2011 | 5:53 AM

I like Josh but no one else,Emily browning would have been SO much better than Jennifer!

Brooke Flowers April 08, 2011 | 4:39 PM

I know they can alter appearances, but still... Josh is a good actor, but Liam really isn't my favorite, and I don't even know who what's her face playing Katniss is! They rushed into this, as they have with many book-to-movie productions. Personally, I think the only one that wasn't screwed up (other than when the first Dumbledore died) is Harry Potter. No one has to agree with me, it's just an opinion.

ziel April 08, 2011 | 4:18 AM

well its good ...but...not good enough....the characters are great but....somethings on mind like..why not try taylor lautner because of his features and how athletic he is....and yeah drew and rey are good too.....but for most I hope it won't end up like crap like the twilight saga...:)

Alyssa April 07, 2011 | 7:07 PM

I soooooo wanted Lyndsy Fonseca to play Katniss! And I see Liam as Peeta and Josh as Gale. :/ Grrr.

Regina April 07, 2011 | 3:26 AM

jennifer BETTER dye her hair black, I sooooo dont want katniss blonde. blegh. >.

Danielle April 06, 2011 | 10:01 PM

Peeta must be blonde with blue eyes ... this kid better dye his hair and get fake contacts is all I have to say

Hater April 06, 2011 | 9:19 PM

Dr.House for Haymitch!

Hater April 06, 2011 | 9:17 PM

NOOOOOO! ALEX PETTYFER needs to be Peeta, Taylor Lautner needs to be Gale and Lucy Hale has to be Katniss! Peeta is blonde and Katniss and Gale are not so you need to fix that or I am NOT watching it!

Caro April 06, 2011 | 7:40 PM

I think they're great actors so all of you who are overreacting stop your chiz. Josh said he was gonna die his hair blonde so stop critizing him. He's a great actor and so are Jennifer and Liam. I actually love the actors. I think Josh has that sweet Peeta look. ;)

Chandler April 06, 2011 | 7:34 PM

My heart broke when I heard this. I soooo wanted hunter Parrish and drew Roy! I understand tht a casting director chooses based on acting, but I have seen all of four of them act and honestly, there is nothing Josh or Liam has tht hunter and drew don't. Josh and hunter are both good but hunter makes the better peeta. And as for Liam and drew, both aren't great so why not just pick drew because he embodies everything about gale?? Nevertheless, I have faith tht soon josh and hunter will grow on us and I trust Suzanne to make it a good movie after making such amazing books. And one things for sure- they cnt screw it up as much as twilight was by the actors!

Bailey April 06, 2011 | 6:13 PM

I LOVE Josh as Peeta! He may not look exactly like him now (well..just his hair and his eyes) but that can easily be fixed. He has that whole stocky thing going for him, and I can totally see him as a baker! Aww so cute! And if you watch him in interviews lately (watch him on Jimmy Kimmel from last year. youtube!) he acts JUST like Peeta should. He's perfect. Not to mention how awesome of an actor he is! As for Liam, he's not what I pictured (like, at all), but he's a very good actor and I think he can take on this role and make it amazing.

Alejandra Graham April 06, 2011 | 5:28 PM

Wow...I am sorry people that the casting directors didn't take all your personal opinions into the mix when they casted this movie. Bull, it doesn't matter how they look! All that matters is acting ability and these kids are good actors. Honestly, no matter who they picked, someone would have complained. So to all you idiots out there who thought that YOUR choices would have been better (doubtful), remember that SOMEONE else would have complained. THis is a adaptation of the book and they can't please EVERYONE. Even if this movie is amazing, people will still hate it. Why? Because it didn't fit into what they pictured. Honestly people, just take a step back and think about what you are saying. Looking at it from another perspective might make you realize that who you thought should play Peeta or Gale, isn't what makes sense...or what is realistic.

jasmiine April 06, 2011 | 4:42 PM

Ohh Lord!! the movie is ruined with these actors im sorry to say but they look nothing like the book describes them we need better actors!!!

nick April 06, 2011 | 4:41 PM

I feel that josh might do good as Peeta, and same with Liam as Gale, but I pictured it to be someone like Liam as Peeta, and Josh as Gale, as long as you put a wig on all of them it shouldnt be too bad!

hippychick April 06, 2011 | 4:33 PM

come on you guys with the magic of holly wood they can make them look like them do you think Suzanne Collins would let them butcher the movie we dont know how well they play the parts well just have to trust the director:)