Black Beats
Biebs!

Rebecca Black is giving Justin Bieber a run for his money on the iTunes Top 100 chart. The newest YouTube phenom has a new take on the age-old adage, "If you can't beat em, join em." Black beat out her YouTube predecessor this weekend, and now, as a member of Bieber Nation, she wants to do a duet with him.

Rebecca Black

Just last week, SheKnows reported on how young tween Rebecca Black was getting panned over her viral YouTube video, It's Friday, Friday, Friday! The 13-year-old cutie is getting vicious hate comments on YouTube, while Yahoo called the track "the worst song ever." In case you missed the video, check it out below.

Haters may not have changed their minds, but my, what a difference a weekend makes.

Black's track It's Friday, Friday, Friday! has taken the iTunes Top 100 chart by storm, peaking at 25. As of this morning, March 21, 2011, Biebs is back on top. Biebs' Never Say Never (feat. Jaden Smith) is still ahead at 39, but at 45, Black is still beating out his track with LudacrisBaby, currently charting at 79.

Black's position is still nothing to sneeze at, and needless to say, this turn of events is helping the young upstart stay positive, in spite of the slams. Black was on GMA this morning and used the open mic to her advantage, giving her crush a shout-out.

"I have Bieber Fever. Just thinking about it gives me butterflies," Black said. "Justin, if you're watching this right now, would you do a duet with me? That would be just unreal -- that would make my life!"

Black has also taken her campaign to Twitter, with the message, "Please RT and help me get this message to @JustinBieber? Love you all!"

Bieber is a big tweetster and he's posted already this morning, but hasn't mentioned his latest fandemonium. If Bieber's not up for that duet, however, someone else is interested in Black.

"I love her [and] the fact that she's gotten so much publicity," Simon Cowell told The Telegraph. "People are so upset about the song, but I think it's hysterical. I want to meet her. Anyone who can create this much controversy within a week, I want to meet. I love people like that."

SheKnows has one question for Black's haters: Who's laughing now?

Watch Rebecca Black's song It's Friday, Friday, Friday:

Comments

Comments on "Rebecca Black beats Justin Bieber on iTunes"

becky July 09, 2011 | 11:45 AM

hah! my 12 yr old sis sings better anyway is she yr9? she possibly cannot be in yr8 she would of been my age shes born close 2 the beggining 0f 1997 so she must be in yr9 any way im born 1998.

Alex March 29, 2011 | 11:48 PM

See its cheered just about everyone up and set new targets for the music industry up. Quite genuis really. Well done her mum for securing this video for the world for $2000. Not a bad production for that price really. Record company's watch out when you spend millions on your artists , infact why not hire Mrs Black as she has done well. 63Million views on You Tube, Thats not bad for such a small investment. Record companys think about that.

tiandra strickland March 26, 2011 | 8:52 AM

her vioce is ssssooooo unecissarily ANNOYING. the whole video makes no sense... i mean if shes 13 why is that kidd driving! and the lyrics have no meaning they make no sense what so ever, and idc if its cute its BS. and just becase we hate the song and are expressing the way we feel about it does not men where HATERS that just makes you imature.

Mikaela March 22, 2011 | 2:24 PM

LOLZ I'M STILL LAUGHING FROM HEARING THIS SONG!!! HAHAHA

rebeccablack March 22, 2011 | 1:56 PM

Hi there. My name is Rebecca Black. My stupid tard of a mom paid 2000 big ones for this song.

Selena March 21, 2011 | 6:52 PM

The only reason she's "popular" is because we hate her. She wants a duet with Justin Bieber? Well, seeing as how he hasn't replied yet, he's trying the "if I don't respond maybe she'll forget about it" technique. Also, we're still laughing at how ridiculous her video is. So in the end, we definitely have the last laugh.

meohmy! March 21, 2011 | 6:45 PM

the girls in the back seat with her look disgusted in the awfulness of the song. I can't even stand this it's so back. "We so excited?" No one looks excited. This is just really really terrible...

ANON March 21, 2011 | 6:44 PM

I would rather get gang raped in jail than listen to this crap again. Anyone who thinks that she had anything to do with writing this god awful abortion baby of a song is a retard. she is a non talented soon to be crack .

eddiemylove March 21, 2011 | 6:15 PM

She is wonderful! Rebecca Black is a breath of fresh air and a major new talent. Who cares about the song's musicality? The Ark Music Factory hit has over 30,000,000 views because of its fun production value. It is a giant commercial hit.

ANOTHA H8R March 21, 2011 | 6:10 PM

Her voice is so naisily it makes my ears want to explode!!!!! and i dont think cowell wants so see this crappy singer... if she were to go on idol when he was on the show he would have said "NO! YOUR KILLING MY EARS!!!!!"

smartchic March 21, 2011 | 6:10 PM

it is truly pathetic that self-promotion gives people the idea that you have talent as opposed to a mere knack for giving internet junkies something to look at. I don't think she'll be a threat to any real singer with a real voice. Simon Cowell never said anything about her voice...just her self-promotion. Maybe she'll get a job in advertising some day... she seems to be good at selling herself as being old enough to "party" and go out in cars at ripe age of 13.

Anais March 21, 2011 | 5:53 PM

It's the lyrics in the middle of the song that ruin it, but she has potential i think.

Bri March 21, 2011 | 5:52 PM

That is sad.

anon March 21, 2011 | 5:46 PM

Her single peaked at 19 on iTunes not 25 and Justin Bieber tweeted this "sunday comes after saturday? weird" 1:24 AM Mar 19th via web, He's since deleted the tweet but it's been Retweeted by 100+ people

Rebeccablackhaterrr March 21, 2011 | 5:31 PM

Wow, she sucks. I listened to about 50 seconds of the so g, and stopped cause I thought I was loosing brain cells....

Bieberlover March 21, 2011 | 4:19 PM

wow. this is horrible. i cant wait till people reailize how horrible she is