Brad & Emily:
Still Together?

Brad Womack picked Emily Maynard as his true love on The Bachelor -- but are they even still together?

Brad Womack told Emily Maynard that she is "The One" -- but in the single day since the After the Rose special aired, rumors are flying that the two have broken up for good.

Are Bachelor Brad and Emily still together?

The couple admitted on the special that they had briefly separated due to the strain of keeping their romance a secret while trying to maintain a long-distance relationship. Host Chris Harrison says another huge hurdle is Maynard's daughter, and whether or not Womack is truly ready to be a dad.

"They're already having their troubles, which doesn't bode well," Harrison told Ryan Seacrest. "In particular, this couple is a little bit bigger than them -- this is what I think is really troubling Emily, it's not just her, it's her daughter, and she thinks very highly of that."

"As much as he wants to be a dad, he's not. Your life is not your own, decisions are not your own. There's no such thing as selfishness. I really respect the fact that she threw the brakes on this thing."

"It's been extremely hard," Harrison said. "They actually broke up a couple of times. They both are incredibly stubborn, they're very much alike and neither one of them give. And they've had some knock-down drag-out fights."

Despite rumors that the pair broke it off again after the special aired yesterday, they say they are still very much together. Womack said in a statement:

"At long last, Emily and I can be open to the world and each other about our relationship. Though we are madly in love, it has been a bumpy couple of months for us and our priority right now is to focus on our relationship. We hope that you can respect our privacy as we return to normalcy and begin our off-screen lives together."

Comments

Comments on "The Bachelor: Did Brad Womack & Emily Maynard break up already?"

Trish May 17, 2011 | 5:48 AM

You people are sick why can't yall just leave them be and quit writing all of this crap ahout them. They are a very sweet and loving couple and alll these rumors is what breaks couples up so just keep your commits to yourselves.

Bridget March 21, 2011 | 6:31 AM

I want to know who are Emily's parents and why didn't Brad meet them on the show. I feel both of them need to get counseling to keep this together. I think they make a really cute couple and that they really do love each other but that isn't enough to withstand all the troubles they seem to have. I hope things will work out for them and someday we'll see them getting married on TV.

shirley harris March 19, 2011 | 2:44 PM

I have asked the quesion "where are Emily 's parents and why didn't Brad meet them and I have been to many sites and they all seem to be side steeping the question----what is going on????

monica March 16, 2011 | 10:42 PM

Was it my imagination, or did Brad's jaw get tight and he started to get ticked off every time one of the "women" questioned him about something? It seemed that he struggled to not show anger if there was anything but adoration from the females. The whole premise of this show is stupid. I watched this season only because there was a girl on here from my hometown. It is sad that so many young girls are willing to subject themselves to this kind of show just to win the egotistical "prize". I realize that most of it is staged, but why would you want to present yourself to the entire nation as either desperate, or a conniving bubblehead? If these girls want a long lasting, faithful relationship, they should rescue a pup from the pound. The odds are better and the dog would appreciate them.

mari March 16, 2011 | 7:52 PM

Why did she never introduce Brad to her parents as all the other gals did??What is she hiding??Brad shd take the ring back to the jeweler and forget the phony blonde.

k March 16, 2011 | 7:17 PM

D.U.H. It was all so obviously fake (with bad acting). Was anyone really buying this pretend stuff???

Brenda March 16, 2011 | 5:58 PM

Why did Emily going on this show if she has a kid? Not a good place to look for a husband! Having a temper is not good either! They should split and go their separate ways and Brad needs to search for a girlfriend like everyone else! I think he would be better off going on Harmony or Match! Ms. Emily has BIG issues!!! And Emily had to know that he was going to propose and what it was going to boil down to....she is playing games here!!! Brad should just walk away!!!

Janice Johnson March 16, 2011 | 5:43 PM

Brad, you were played.

anne March 16, 2011 | 4:26 PM

A woman with a temper is bad, but a man with a temper is worse. The thought of her little girl hearing their fights makes me cringe. Brad appears to be obsessed with Emily. Not good.

annmarie March 16, 2011 | 4:23 PM

Ummmm... any man who is admitting to have anger issues/temper is a clear sign of trouble. Brad appears very possive of Emily which is another red flag. I think that having Brad on the show for a second time was a huge mistake. Not quite sure what Emily's intentions were, but at this point she does not need to subject her daughter to their "knock down drag out fights" that they both admitted to having.

Debbie March 16, 2011 | 4:09 PM

seriously why do they bother with such a stupid program. it always ends up this way.. stupid. they all are. is it just money???

Linda March 16, 2011 | 4:03 PM

Brad could never be the man she wants,her man died and no one will ever be able to compete with a dead mans image..I wish he culd have seen that, Im sure I'm not the only one who saw it

vita March 16, 2011 | 3:57 PM

I'm so sorry for Brad, that he choose the wrong woman, she will never marry Brad.It was so clear from beginning, that she wanna only cheap popularity.The only woman who was fall in love with Brad was Chantal O'Brien.He is 38 and knows what he wants in his life-family, kids.Her kid is only excuse for her.It is not about that she is afraid to be hurt, she has 5 years to find somebody-if so pretty woman is still alone the issues is not some man but she.She is typical selfish "bleached blond".

Jan March 16, 2011 | 3:54 PM

I think we all knew right from the beginning that she would never marry him. If they stay together it will only be if he becomes a copy of the dead love and never attempts to be a dad to the little girl. Emily is such a phony and shame on him that he didn't see it.

vita March 16, 2011 | 3:53 PM

mikcan March 16, 2011 | 3:45 PM

Dude, you got used. She talked herself into this relationship and he was dumb enogh to buy it! What a moron. She has issues and you will always be the whipping boy!

Elle March 16, 2011 | 3:41 PM

Why did she bother being on the show? It would seem that there were a lot of paperwork she had to complete before being allowed to be on the show. Why was she on the show in the first place? She looks very cunning and fake.

nonhlanhla March 16, 2011 | 3:00 PM

I agree she was not supposed to allow Brad to proposed to her @ the fist place she knew from the beginning that its gonna end this way. Brad was not true himself cause there were red flag from the beginning she doesn't trust nobody around her daughter except herself.I've got a question we didn't seen Brad visits Emilys family whats that reall?that gave me the red flag thats my opinion.

DAVE March 16, 2011 | 2:21 PM

BRAD SHOULD HAVE PICKED THE OTHER GAL

Diana March 16, 2011 | 12:17 PM

Why did Emily accept a ring if she really didn't have any intention of marrying Brad? Sounds like another F*** W****. This is why I don't watch this show.