Happily Ever After?

Bachelor Brad Womack proudly professed his love to Emily Maynard on the show's season finale last night. Personally, we don't think they have a snowball's chance in hell. What do you think?

Bachelor Brad

Not gonna lie. I shed some tearlets last night when Brad Womack proposed to stunning hospital volunteer Emily. Mostly because I'm tragically single, but that's another story.

The Bachelor season finale recap >>

Something felt off. Now, don't get me wrong. I love me some Emily. Gorgeous looks? Check. Sad, heartfelt story? Check. Classy, reserved Southern demeanor? Check. Stylish boot collection? Check.

Ashley Hebert will be the new Bachelorette! >>

But let's address the elephant in the room...

Brad and Emily had a pretty tense discussion the night before he proposed. Emily calmly asked Brad if he was ready to be a father to her daughter, Ricki. "Are you going to be able to handle sitting in the emergency room with a 5-year-old in the middle of the night?" Brad wasn't having it. "I'm getting a little angry," he said, before storming out of the hotel suite.

*Knock, knock.* Who's there? Um, d-bag!

It's a valid question, Brad: Are you prepared to face the realities of being both a husband and father to a 5-year-old? Psst, here's a hint -- stop being a little biotch and just say "yes."

The ring is off

OK, now cut to After the Final Rose. The post-proposal show (which is usually just 30 minutes of gratuitous giggling and touching) was painful to watch. Emily announced the two were having problems. Apparently, watching your man tickle tongues with 15 other women does not a healthy relationship make. The duo have put their engagement on hold and are *air quotes* "working on things."

All-in-all, the forecast is not looking sunny for these two. I give it two months before Brad shows up on the cover of US Weekly taking body shots off of Playboy models.

What do you think? Is it true love for these two? Or are they headed for Splitsville?

Comments

Comments on "Will Bachelor Brad and Emily last?"

Cee March 17, 2011 | 4:06 PM

Emily succumbed to jealousy, plain and simple. She surely knew what happens b/4 she went on the show? He has to suck up to everybody (no pun intended) to maintain the suspense for us!

Dhanna March 15, 2011 | 10:44 PM

Hey Roger, It is impossible to take you seriously when you can't spell and poorly put words together. I am embarrassed I watch this show. I think it is a miracle when couples "make it." The show is extreme putting people in fantasy settings and ending around the time infatuation is peaking. The relentless press shamelessly aims to tar and feather the couple... its an impossible situation. For everyone who has an opinion about the characters of Brad, emily, Chantel or any person in the media - get a life. You don't know these people. None of us understand, none of us have context. We have no right to pass judgment. What I will say is that I thought Brad was awesome for not picking someone the first go-around just because the show required him to. It was a display of authenticity and a person of quality character. And while I can't wish for others anything that is not in the cards - these two genuinely seem to admire, respect, care for and love each other. Every relationship has bumps - but 99% don't have to deal with it on screen. It is impossible for a relationship to grow without some bumps along the way. Emily and Brad - if you are reading this, and I hope you are not because all this gossip is ridiculously toxic for you, unplug your computers, don't glance at the magazines at the check stand... just focus on yourselves and each other. Henry David Thoreau wrote, "If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." Now comes the work. Be open, be willing to grow and change, be flexible, be kind, be humble... and always, ALWAYS hold each other in a regard that keeps you on the same side. Conflict happens. Our job on this planet is to learn to navigate conflict in a way that encourages us to grow and evolve... sadly, our culture strives to handle conflict so that is a force of destruction. I have been with my love for 6.5 years. We are not yet married. We will get married (well, first engaged) when we both feel like completely whole people. we cannot complete each other - that is a false ideal set up by Hollywood. What we do best in our relationships is inspire each other to grow and bloom... and in the process fall in love with each other every day. We are always new. And we must approach our loves as someone to explore even 20 years in. As much as I despise the idea of this show - I appreciate that you have come together to explore love. And I wish you loving energy.

Dina March 15, 2011 | 4:06 PM

Emily is so pretty and sweet. Not sure how I feel about Brad, though. He seems to have a temper. I don't think it'll last. Sad :( They're so cute together. Like Barbie and Ken.

Rihanna March 15, 2011 | 2:09 PM

Ha ha. She does have a stylish boot collection.

Fo March 15, 2011 | 2:07 PM

I agree. There was a lot of tension between Brad and Emily. It's sad. I want them to be together, but I don't think it's in the cards.

Ditz March 15, 2011 | 1:03 PM

Personally, I wish he'd chosen Michelle (Money). Now THAT would have been fun to watch! Brad and Emily won't last the month...that's my prediction!

Roger March 15, 2011 | 1:03 PM

Emily, what you have never seen this show before you were on it? Emily, you would find in the realy world a virgin that never touched or told another women he loved her? What if Brad had a child to bring along as well, comfortable with that? Grow up little girl.