Kelly Monaco Rumors & GH Spoilers

The web is buzzing with rumors that General Hospital star Kelly Monaco is leaving the popular soap opera. Is there any truth to the rumor?

Kelly Monaco leaving general hospital?

Is Kelly Monaco getting ready to leave Port Charles and General Hospital for good? That's the rumor going around the web this afternoon -- and we're not really sure where it started. The actress has played Sam McCall on the popular daytime drama since 2003 and her departure would certainly upset fans of the show.

However, we certainly couldn't blame her for wanting to pursue other projects if she is in fact leaving General Hospital. Monaco overcame judge criticism and wardrobe malfunctions to win the first season of Dancing With the Stars. She's was also a Playboy Playmate, so she definitely has the looks to build a good career.

We tried to find Monaco on Twitter to see if she's talking, but we can't find a verified account for the soap star. Guess we will just have to wait and see if anything else comes out -- and we'll be the first to let you know.

Update: SheKnows reader Christine clued us in on the Kelly Monaco rumors.

"It's a rumor because on today's show she was killed off ... it was a cliffhanger at the end, and though they showed her body, I'm sure there's a twist," Christine wrote.

Interesting -- but we think Christine is right. Soap operas thrive on twists and maybe she'll come back as her character's evil twin? It happens all the time.

Do you think Kelly Monaco is leaving General Hospital or is her character just taking another direction?

Tags: kelly monaco

Comments

Comments on "Is Kelly Monaco leaving General Hospital?"

Lynn April 25, 2013 | 10:23 PM

I love GH and Kelly is a big part of it. Too many good actors and actress's have been let go or left. Please don't us loose anymore!!!!

nora June 04, 2012 | 5:19 PM

you want to get rid of someone try the new christine or doc's mom there characters are stupid also except for star OLTL actors thier just not GH

sandra ermilio October 26, 2011 | 11:05 AM

I like kelly I hope it is just a rumors I am happy for the philly girl

Dawn September 01, 2011 | 6:54 PM

I would do a happy dance if she leaves! Her website is down and twitter is ablaze.

Alex March 10, 2011 | 2:26 PM

I like Kelly, but not a big fan of Sam. It's like Jason and Sonny are the only guys in town. They should bring on a new love interest for her. She only lives for Jason right now and I don't like that. She's better off alone or with someone new.

john March 03, 2011 | 7:14 PM

kelly monaco is the hottest woman on the planet. if she leaves i will never ever watch the show again!

Sam/KellyFan March 02, 2011 | 9:08 AM

Kelly doing a hearing immpaired storyline would be great Kelly herself admitted she has some hearing problems...... It could be like the movie Children of a Lesser God(Marlee Martlin)... I hope she isn't leaving

LM February 28, 2011 | 4:33 PM

Sam wasn't killed off - she was in the car when the car bomb went off - she's alive but she will lose her hearing. Fairly certain she isn't leaving the show.

Tate February 28, 2011 | 9:17 AM

I would hate to see Kelly Monoco leave GH. I love her character and love the chemistry Sam and Jason have. If they were to get rid of anyone I wish it would be BRENDA! Can't stand her character. WHine, Whine, Whine -- Protect me etc etc. Her character is ridiculous! If you're beautiful, you don't have to take care of yourself -- all these guys will. Get rid of Brenda!!!

jordan February 27, 2011 | 3:43 PM

Sammmm! plz don't go. I am waching GH because of Sam, jason and sonny in the show. Sorry to say, but with out those three GH is nothing.

Blue Planet February 27, 2011 | 12:17 PM

Now, Sam is a James Bond type. I love her character.

Brandi February 27, 2011 | 12:07 PM

I hope she is not leaving, she is my favorite GH character. Please don't kill her off!!! GH is lucky to have her!

RAC February 27, 2011 | 8:46 AM

I really love the new Luke and Laura in Jason and Sam, please bring her back and take the whining Brenda off, her whining talk is enough.

artie moses February 26, 2011 | 7:28 PM

i hope she will be back next

cobby February 26, 2011 | 7:12 PM

I love kelly monaco I would hate to see her leave g.h.I will follow her whereever she goes.Iam glad brenda is back but not to happy about losing sam mccall.did you check out her pictures?Inever realized how hot she is .

Linda February 26, 2011 | 6:52 PM

Remember the episode when the Bulcan showed up in the back seat of Sam's car? He told her that her resemblance to Brenda would cost her her life. I didn't catch on until Sonny requested to see Brenda's body. I knew that the body would be Sam. I believe Sam may be still alive too and Franco is messing with Jason's mind.

Sme February 26, 2011 | 10:00 AM

I just watched yesterday's episode of General Hospital. I am in shock. I didn't see the end coming. Oh please tell me Sam isn't dying. I love her.

Tammi February 26, 2011 | 9:24 AM

Please don't leave Kelly. Sam & Jason are the only reason I am still watching the show after 30 years. The show will not be the same without you. Sam and Jason are my Luke and Laura.

Lisa February 26, 2011 | 4:28 AM

She was not killed off. She will be back next week with injuries and some hearing loss. Relax!

Anne February 26, 2011 | 1:52 AM

It looks like Sam (Kelly) was in the car when it blew. ...................But remember how Franco likes to use doubles and his has always been fixated with Sam because of her connection with Jason.