Keith Olbermann Going Current

Keith Olbermann recently announced that he resigned as host of his show, Countdown, and would be leaving MSNBC. So where do you go after something like that? Current TV!

Keith Olbermann

TV personality Keith Olbermann had a bit of a problem. His relationship with MSNBC became strained after he was suspended in November because of a political contribution issue. A month ago, he announced he'd be leaving the network and his popular show Countdown. If you've been following Keith on Twitter, you've seen the cryptic messages on his Twitter page like, "Watch this Space."

Well, now we know why.

Olbermann has just announced that he'll be heading to Al Gore's Current TV. He'll be hosting a primetime news commentary show that will debut in a few months. He will also serve as chief news officer and have an equity stake in the Al Gore-owned Current Media.

"Nothing is more vital to a free America than a free media, and nothing is more vital to my concept of a free media than news produced independently of corporate interference," Olbermann said in a press release. Have you even heard of Current TV? No? It's only available to digital cable subscribers, as opposed to MSNBC, which is on basic cable.

The MSNBC network reaches 85 million homes, whereas Current TV only airs in 60 million. If Olbermann can bring his Countdown fans to his new show, he will certainly give that network a boost.

So are you going to watch? Let us know below.

Tags: al gore keith olbermann

Comments

Comments on "Keith Olbermann heading to Al Gore's Current TV"

Sandra June 15, 2011 | 9:29 AM

Keith is a shining light in the dark world of TV Journalism. I miss him terribly... Ed Shutlz, Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow are great, but Keith leads the pack as point man into the garbage pile of politics. I say YEAH KEITH, and go THURBER!!! Yehaw, glad they didn't destroy you Keith! Thank-god you can keep your pants on and your shirt tucked! No cameras please...ha ha ha. If you can't have a sense of humor you're in trouble.

nightnurse May 13, 2011 | 1:58 PM

Miss you show at 8pm at MSNBC, GLAD YOU ARE COMING BACK TO KEEP US INFORMED

Joe Swain May 10, 2011 | 11:57 AM

I will definately be watching, I thought Keith was so involved with the situations at hand.

viv April 12, 2011 | 8:58 PM

My parents and I have missed him , can't wait for his. Comeback!

Janice March 31, 2011 | 4:17 PM

We are just lost without Keith's input on the many problems facing the US today. Help Keith! We miss you too much. The others are OK but just not enough. Suck it up Keith. We want to hear from from you.

Edna Morton March 29, 2011 | 1:00 PM

I will be watching,i guess I will just have to wait.

Rutabega March 08, 2011 | 7:07 PM

It's really sad to see the brain dead fools on here speaking of Olberman and Maddow as if they were decent broadcast journalists. The two of them together don't equal a journeyman broadcaster for a startup station in the hicks. Apparently, what few MSNBC viewers there are don't have a clue what goes on in the real world.

Gumpa March 08, 2011 | 7:00 PM

MSNBC? Is that joke still on the air? And Keith Oberman? Why would nay sane person watch that man make up his own perverted version of the news? He's nothing but a very poor TV version of Mad Magazine for mindless fools.

Honest Abe March 08, 2011 | 6:57 PM

Watch Oberman or MBNBC??? Are you kidding me? Neither one is worth two cents. I wouldn't waste my time.

Sherry March 01, 2011 | 7:23 PM

I have been waiting for my hero for Weeks. Of Course I will watch him. Wish it started tonite!1!

Olivia February 23, 2011 | 1:40 PM

I am looking forward to seeing and hearing Mr. Oberman's commentary. Hopefully, he will continue to uncover the truth and help the American people realize the danger in following the untruth.

JLynn February 22, 2011 | 6:46 AM

Hooray! Can't wait for KO to return to the screen. What a great professional newsman for these troubled times!

Elizabeth February 19, 2011 | 5:25 AM

I"ll say heck yes instead of the other word !!!!!

kay February 17, 2011 | 3:42 PM

I haven't watched MSNBC since Keith left. I "lived" on that cahnnel before that. Have no intention of watching MSNBC again. They had ONE man that was fighting for the little guy. Now it's simply a corporate melting pot...blah, blah, blah. Keith was passionate and sincere. He didn't just "report" the news, or about the state of the union, he get down and dirty and "changed" things. How I wish he was here witht his Special Comments" on Obama right now. I soooo regret voting for that guy. He turned out to be just another lieing and I do believe Keith would tear him a new one if he were still there. Cut heating assistance for the poor??? REALLY OBAMA? What a phony he turned out to be. They say "jump" - Obama says "how high?"

Donald February 16, 2011 | 4:02 PM

Yes I am going to watch. The Lineup on MSNBC is just not the same.

kewata February 16, 2011 | 1:00 PM

Definitely will watch Current TV since KO is heading there.What a refreshing news!Lost interest on MSNBC eversince KO left them.I'm a 64yr old veteran who feels someone is really fighting for me and the underdogs in KO.GO KEITH and GOD BLESS!

Ron February 15, 2011 | 9:59 PM

I finally took the time to find out what became of KO. Am looking forward to his new program.

Lue Jacobs February 15, 2011 | 12:43 PM

I miss Keith the night is not the same without him.

jim antenucci February 14, 2011 | 2:33 PM

Of course I'll watch him!!!! MSNBC isn't the same without him. I love his honesty, and directness!! I can't wait 'til he's back on the air!!!

Mike February 14, 2011 | 1:39 PM

Hell yea! I'll be there not only appreciate the Gore Family. Senator Gore, Al's father was there for me when I returned home to Tennessee after 3 years in Vietnam! Good people who know right from wrong. People who the truth matters with. We miss you Keith, hurry back. Beck is ready to be committed and Palin, Hanity and Bill O are self destructing!