From Bella To
Snow White

Kristen Stewart has played a girl in love with a vampire and a werewolf. She's played a rock star. Now, Stewart is currently filming The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn where she's preggers with a vampire baby. Where is the next logical place to take her career? Fairy tales, of course! Rumors have Stewart circling the role of Snow White. No, we're not kidding.

Kristen Stewart Snow White

I bet you wish we were kidding. Kristen Stewart is many things, but fairy tale princess isn't one of them. It's still a rumor, but it's a pretty darn creepy one.

In this retelling of the story, Snow White and the Huntsman, the Huntsman is possibly being played by Viggo Mortensen, who feels sorry for Snow White and tries to help her. Now, I'm just guessing here, but that sort of feels like a set up for a hook-up. Ick. Now don't get me wrong. Viggo is hotter than hot, and I'd love to see him in another costume drama, but he's 52 and she's 20. Thirty-five-year-old Charlize Theron is up to play the evil stepmother.

Does this seem odd to anyone else? I could be wrong about the hook-up thing, of course, but still, Stewart hardly seems like the Snow White I remember. Well, she's not alone in being considered for the role. She's up against Riley Keough, Felicity Jones, Alicia Vikander and Emily Browning.

Personally, I'd vote for Browning. After checking out the set of her upcoming film with Zack Snyder, Suckerpunch, and seeing her in action, I'd say she's perfect. Now, I know you want to weigh in here.

What do you guys think of Kristen Stewart as Snow White? Do you think she's a great fit? Are you horrified at what Hollywood might do to your childhood memories? Will you watch it only if Taylor Lautner and Robert Pattinson agree to play dwarves? Let us know!

Read on for more Kristen STewart

Kristen Stewart dishes Eclipse
Kristen Stewart talks The Runaways
Kristen Stewart exclusive interview

Tags: snow white

Comments

Comments on "Kristen Stewart to play Snow White?"

Natalie February 13, 2011 | 3:36 PM

Noooooo. Kristen Stewart is not good for the part of Snow White!! I would go with Keough, Jones, or Browning. They definitely look the part. Kristen's acting is way too similar in every movie she does. I dont think she could grasp the medieval acting that is needed for this role. I will be extremely disappointed if she gets this role.

Kat February 02, 2011 | 9:41 AM

Personally, I really enjoyed Stewart's performance in Adventureland. I don't know if I'd say she's a "great actress," but I definitely don't think she's as terrible as some seem to. I do think the potential for hookup material with Mortensen is vaguely creepy, but honestly, if anyone can pull of vaguely creepy older man hookups and make me accept them in a plot...it's Kristen Stewart. She's consistently unflinching about portraying characters in messed up situations.

Lauren February 01, 2011 | 2:27 PM

Kristen Stewart, a great actress? Are you kidding me? The only good thing I can say about her acting is that she acted down the role of Bella from being a whiny annoying baby that she was in the book. She does the pauses and biting of her lips in EVERY SINGLE movie she's in. Just look at the Runaway's where she's supposed to play Joan Jett. She is the most horribly monotone, boring actress and always kills every film she makes. I guarantee you will see no other side of her here as you saw in the other epic fails she accomplished.

Rachel January 29, 2011 | 4:47 PM

Truth be told, Kristen Stewart is a great actress. It's the character she's portraying, and fairly accurately, that seems to have given her a bad name amongst those who don't enjoy the Twilight saga. I read the books, and the last I could barely stand, and I never enjoyed the character Bella. Kristen did a good job, I never enjoyed Bella in the movies either. I don't see why people can't give her a chance portraying someone else.

Karen January 28, 2011 | 8:33 AM

Hopefully we'll see Kristen Stewart display more than one facial expression in Snow White.

Krystle January 28, 2011 | 8:03 AM

I think Kristen just gets a bad rep for some of her "less than impressive" work that she's unfortunately had. But I really enjoyed her performances in movies other than Twilight. Considering she was already somewhat of a veteran by the time she was cast you figured she would've played the part better. I personally think she would be a great Snow White, it would bring a more relatable character to the screen other than a conventional beauty. (Not to say Kristen isn't beautiful herself, but she's not what you would consider your typical "Glamazon".)

Coree Silvera January 27, 2011 | 10:20 PM

Will be nice to see a different side of her