Kate: Not-So-Great

Kate Gosselin and Sarah Palin did not develop a lifelong friendship on their recent camping outing in the Alaskan wilderness. Gosselin left early because she couldn't handle roughing it!

Sarah Palin kate Gosselin

Kate Gosselin managed to do the impossible -- she made Sarah Palin look like the better woman.

On this week's upcoming episode of Sarah Palin's Alaska, Kate Gosselin and her eight little ones visit Sarah Palin and go on a little camping adventure together. Turns out Alaska is quite different than Pennsylvania, and Kate's not a fan.

During the episode, Kate learns how to escape from angry bears, shoot a rifle, keep her toes warm and make herself look worse than Sarah Palin.

"They didn't speak off camera," a source told Us Magazine. "She said the food and accommodations were terrible, and it was the worst trip she'd ever been on. [Kate] had a meltdown and left the campground before sundown. She just couldn't cope."

They may not have spoken off-camera, but Kate sure had a lot of grousing to do on-camera.

"The kids are having fun, so I'm tolerating it, but this is my new home," Kate said from under a tarp, where she sat separated from the rest of the group. "I am miserable, but, I mean, somebody's got to be."

"It just kills me that people, like, willingly do this."

When Palin breaks out the moose hot dogs, Kate loses it.

"I don't see a table, I don't see utensils, I don't see hand-cleansing materials," she whimpered. "This is not ideal conditions. I am freezing to the bone, I have 19 layers on, my hands are frigid. I held it together as long as I could and I'm done now!"

At that point, despite the fact that her kids were having a great time with the Palin kids, she gathered them up and left.

"Well, I thought we were gonna go camping with the Gosselins," says Palin. "Turned out, we didn't. We had lunch with them on a sand bar."

read on for more kate gosselin

Kate Gosselin has no friends
Eric Roberts accuses Kate Gosselin of child abuse
Kate Gosselin's hair transformation

Tags: sarah palin's alaska

Comments

Comments on "Kate Gosselin and Sarah Palin are not BFFs"

Anita December 13, 2010 | 4:34 PM

I agree with Sandie. I would have left too.

connie December 13, 2010 | 3:01 PM

I used to like Kate, but she is such a DIVA, and Sarah acted more of a lady then Kate could ever hope to be....I feel so sorry for her children...last time I watch ANYTHING with Kate in it

Sue December 13, 2010 | 11:51 AM

It has proved that Kate is the worst , the worst mom, and the worst guest that anybody can imagine. I'm not an outdoor person at all, and I've never camped either. But if my kids like it, i would tolerate it for the sake of kids. I would not frown all the time in front of the nice host family. I would help them cook and maintain the fire. I would pretend I liked the food. That's what adults do. She didn't even watch the kids, whining and crying in front of her 6 year old kids, who didn't complain once. She deserves to lose her custody.

harpershaven December 13, 2010 | 10:55 AM

i thought it was interesting that sarah's daughter, tripp (i think) didn't want to even go and see the gosselin's off! she was so excited at the beginning of the show that the gosselin's were coming but by the end, even she wised up to all she shinanigan's that comes with kate. i think she scared tripp off!!

harpershaven December 13, 2010 | 10:51 AM

please, tlc, stop the shinanigans with kate. we all dislike her and are tired of her on tv. why did she have to ruin the episode of sarah palin's alaska? i enjoy watching sarah and her family and by having kate on there last night, well, she did her normal by ruining the whole episode. please stop putting her on other people's shows. it only makes her look worse than she already is and doesn't do one thing for those of us who dislike her. she's already made her bed...now sad to say, she's gonna have to lie in it.

Jake December 13, 2010 | 8:39 AM

We all currently exist due to the success and fortitude of a long line of fighters and survivor ancestors. Kate is not a survivor. Will anyone else ever offer their hospitality to Kate, knowing what a brat ingrate she is? Will any (normal) man want a relationship with her? Definitely doomed to a lonely future, Kate is!

AGB December 13, 2010 | 8:22 AM

Kate showed her true colors. She has no breeding whatsoever, by showing her attitude issues in national tv with the Palins. I feel bad for the kids for not being able to experience the true Alaskan wilderness. it is very obvious that the kids are happy and excited and it was all taken away by their wench mother. I feel so disgusted about this person and the Palins showed that they are great people! Kate, shame on you. I hope TLC realizes that nobody likes you and takes off your show on the air.

Josie December 13, 2010 | 7:59 AM

Kate Gosselin Shame on you. I couldn't believe how rude she was to the Palin family. The Palins were going out of their way to show the Gosselin children a good time. Kate your a horrible person. To rip the kids away and leave the Palins there. All I can say is you are horrible, nasty, selfish and I pray TLC takes you off the air.

Jack December 12, 2010 | 10:48 PM

I think Kate was extremely intimidated with a presence of another very strong dominant female and game of whining did not work out, once she figured that she cannot control people around of her, she just left. Kate did definitely hurt herself image and I agree Sarah Palin did handled situation really good.

JD December 12, 2010 | 8:25 PM

Sandie, if you don't want to go camping then you don't go. Why would be a whiney b---- when you chose to go camping. Plus, she displayed a horrible attitude infront of her kids. What a terrible woman.

tracy December 12, 2010 | 7:36 PM

I think Kate Gosselin is the biggest jerk. I really do. All the money that woman is making off her kids, the trips that are paid for.....and she couldn't camp for 1 damn nite! PLEASE! She's an idiot! I loke Sarah Palin so much more after watching the show....at least shes not a whiny spoiled idiot! Kate was rude from the start.....I really do't know why TLC still has her on tv. she's a bad example of family. Can't stand the episode 2nite..........she ruined the whole thing. What a witch!

Doug December 12, 2010 | 6:37 PM

"Who goes camping in Alaska?" ROFL!!! Your kidding right? Let me guess your idea of camping is an Aspen ski lodge! Millions go camping in Alaska every year....because it is "real" camping, in a real wilderness. I swear to god if civilization fall apart 90% of people will die off from lack of self reliance.

candy December 12, 2010 | 4:42 PM

give kate a hand for trying something new and sarah palin for giving them all opportunity. wish kates city diva would have allowed her children to enjoy the experience, all would have gained, especially she herself and the children. sarah palin is the provider of an opportunity and kate the biggest brat.

candy December 12, 2010 | 4:35 PM

give kate a hand for trying something new and srah palin for giving her and the kids a chance. wish the city diva in her would shut down so the kids could have enjoyed themselves and spent a night outside. they all would be enriched.

mary December 12, 2010 | 12:10 PM

1. Kate doesnt like ruffing it so why did she sign on. 2.Ive never been there but I know it is cold in Alaska, even in the summer.. thats why they make cold weather clothing. 3.I think it was all just a publicity stunt, something Kate knows how to do, even better than Sarah.

Caitlyn December 12, 2010 | 10:29 AM

Of course they were not going to get along. Both of them have big egos! lol

Kiki December 12, 2010 | 9:42 AM

Kate .. we all HATE YOU!! Don't you care that the entire world thinks you're a joke - and a bad one at that! You "pimp out" your litter of little freaks (that would be your litter of children!) even they dislike you .. they are "fugly looking kids" but they know a mean mother when they have one! Get a life - good for you Jon for leaving such a controlling degrading wench!

macy December 12, 2010 | 8:12 AM

Kate Gosselin is a complete waste of space. That woman is toxic.

itsamystery December 12, 2010 | 8:10 AM

Hard to believe she's NEVER been camping or had to rough-it. Wasn't she raised in a trailer park? They never slept in a tent or cooked outdoors? She wasn't raised wearing expensive shoes and getting 1000 dollar haircuts. "Someone's got to be miserable." Tired of the pity party going on in her head and in public.

dessertgirl December 11, 2010 | 6:53 PM

I am sure that TLC let her in on what she was going to do. Kate was rude and I am glad that Palin whipped her $$$.