Taylor Momsen's
Blame Game

Taylor Momsen says her parents robbed her of her childhood by forcing her to work.

Taylor MomsenGossip Girl actress and trashy lead singer of The Pretty Reckless Taylor Momsen says she's a dark and miserable person because she had bad parents.

The 17-year-old uses the typical teen tactic of blaming her pseudo-rebellion on her mom and dad, but stops short of saying they refuse to let her wear pants and hold her down while thickly piling on the eyeliner.

"Everyone's like, 'Wow, why is she upset and why is she so miserable about things?'" Taylor Momsen told Starpulse. "My parents signed me up with Ford [modeling agency] at the age of two. No two-year-old wants to be working, but I had no choice."

"My whole life, I was in and out of school. I didn't have friends. I was working constantly and I didn't have a real life."

Which leaves us wondering, if Momsen hates the life of performing she claims to have been forced into, then why is she still living it?

read on for more taylor momsen

Taylor Momsen talks sex
Taylor Momsen says Miley Cyrus is repressed
Taylor Momsen's Haiti heartlessness

Tags: pretty reckless

Comments

Comments on "Taylor Momsen blames her parents for overwork"

I knew Taylor when... July 06, 2013 | 6:06 AM

I was a close friend of the family. Everything Taylor said about her parents, especially her mother, is correct. Her mother was obssessed with getting Taylor into the business, pimping her two daughters out to anyone who would give them a job. She would do anything to make them perform in front of the camera. I remember once, when her younger daughter was preparing to fly to L.A., to be in a movie with Mel Gibson, she flew into a temper tantrum and was inconsolable. Instead of giving the poor kid a break, the mother tried everything to coax the little girl into being in a good mood, so she would make the right impression. Her youngest daughter clearly did not want to get on another airplance and be forced to endure another trip to work on a movie set. What kind of life is that for a toddler?? Colette Momsen's heart just wasn't in the right place, in terms of providing the best upbringing for her children. They did not have a healthy, carefree childhood. They were forced to be happy and smile and perform, when in reality, they just wanted to stay home, relax, play and be normal children. The only objective their mother had in mind was to win roles and bookings, so she could escape from her hum drum life as a housewife. Colette Momsen dragged her children in baby strollers from NYC-LA, from audition to audition, taking them far away from their home in St. Louis, to perform like circus animals. Taylor was the one who became famous, hence, she was dragged from coast to coast, going on audition after audition and performing in endless roles from the time she was two years old. Taylor's grandmother, who never approved of Colette Momsen, was appalled, but there was nothing she could do about it. Taylor's father was a strange and socially maladjusted person. He mentally and emotionally controlled his wife and it seemed Colette's only escapism was to travel with the girls and leave him behind. Taylor's parents had a contentious relationship and often fought in front of their children. I feel so deeply sorry for Taylor Momsen, that her life turned out like this. She was the brightest and sweetest little girl. I loved her dearly and it breaks my heart to see her in this state. I don't call it "rebellious". I call it ABNORMAL and a cry for help. She is not a "spoiled rich girl." She is a little girl who was never allowed to be a child. She should be in college next year, pursuing a good education, laying the groundwork for a fulfilling career. Taylor Momsen's parents created a very unhappy, moody, unfulfilled child, who has been exposed to things she never should've been exposed to, and now they deserve to live with their parenting choices. They are such selfish people, I don't even know how they can live with themselves...creating such a tormented soul. I hope Taylor finds her way home...to herself and breaks free from her weird parents.

blah and commenter are right! July 12, 2012 | 10:41 AM

i also went to school with taylor! the one year i transfered to Hoover for 7th grade she was SO nice to me, we were science partners at first and then she introduced me to friends and we had so many other classes together she was so nice! at first i'll admit i didn't know who she was.. as in i didn't know she was famous. but then when i caught on she didn't seem that different she was just the nice little miss popular that everyone loved. her parents were soo hospitable and loving,she had the time of her life traveling form new york and back to potomac. it wasnt about the money... she enjoyed what she was doin, that's all she would talk about besides the occassional weekend party with friends. SHE WAS SO HAPPY then that summer she left for NEW york everything changed. she became so hateful and mean, she left all of use behind in her hatred and blamed the world for her problems. during gossip girl she just became a little more arrogant in glamour but thats natural but when she started going all goth experimenting with drugs and alcohol before she created the pretty reckless it was just all wrong. she shut out all her old friends and mistreated her family, i just hope she soon realises what she's doing and might mend her ways. she lives for the lime-light but this isn't ever how she'd ever talked about it

commenter November 20, 2010 | 7:13 PM

i agree. as of 2007, (when taylor found out about her roe as jenny in gossip girl) taylor's parents were nothing but simply supportive fo taylor love for acting. i agree that in middle school tay was very popular, she had a hot and loving boyfriend and amazing friends. and although she had wonderful friends taylor still experimented with alcohol and marijuana (which was not unusual for kids in her group). Once 9th grade hit(and tay was in NY) her friends and i could see how she was changing. All i hope is that she gets a hold of herself not only for her fans and parents but for her little sister sloan.

blah November 20, 2010 | 6:58 PM

i personally went to school with taylor throughout all of middle school and she definitely had friends! Yeah i guess she wasnt the most popular in 6th and 7th grade but in 8th grade she was "miss popular"! she dated the "hottie" of our school and had tons of friends! also as of her middle school life her parents did not pressure her into showbiz at all!!! she loved acting! when she told me about her role as Jenny in gossip girl so was sooooo happy!!! it had NOTHING to do with her parents! ALSO, saying her parents got her into acting for the Money is a complete lie! She went to school in Potomac Maryland. Potomac is one of the richest cities in the country so trust me her parents did not need the money. her dad hadf a good job. he stayed in potomac when taylor, her sister and mom went to new york to start filming for gossip girl. he stayed because he had a good jon in potomac. In conclusion im basically saying that taylor was loved by her friends in 8th grade, regardless of her fame in gossip girl, but taylor has ruined all of the true friendships she has had. Athough she may act like a and drug addict now, taylor was once a down to earth girl with a free spirit and a true love for acting. I miss the girl Taylor Momsen used to be and i hope that one day she can find her way back to her old self.

Steve November 18, 2010 | 4:37 AM

She's been taught that attention-seeking (a toddler filming commercials, for goodness' sake), being a friendless nomad (changing schools, friends and teachers, and moving on after each acting part ends) are the way to gain parental and world approval from the age of three! She's absolutely right that her parents are responsible for the way she turned out. Personally, I feel for her, and her music is really good too (which shows she's something of an artist).

Jill November 16, 2010 | 7:15 AM

I think she looks beautiful! But, that's only MY opinion.She needs to feel beautiful on the inside before she feels beautiful on the outside. I'm sure being in the entertainment business at a young age is hard work. Instead of being able to be a "kid", you have to work and make a name for yourself. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. No matter how much money is involved doesn't mean that it will make you a happy person. If its NOT what you want to be doing in life then you will be miserable.

CannaBlissMonkey November 16, 2010 | 4:56 AM

poor lil spoiled rich girl...@ 2 u know nothing and they make it fun for the kid...she has more of a life then many of us and probably got away with a lot...wish I could about the money I was oh so forced to make.

Saad G.Khan November 12, 2010 | 2:38 PM

Because she doesn't know anything else besides working hard in Entertainment business... C'mon she can be wrong on many occasions but she is right here, if a kid at age2 thrown in front of camera . Where you expect them to work besides in front of the cameras because that's the only thing they ever Know... Hope Taylor Memson gets it right with her Life .