Demi Lovato
In Rehab

Demi Lovato's rehab stint is a result of her eating disorder and being a cutter, sources close to the star's family reveal.

Demi Lovato entered rehabDemi Lovato yesterday for unspecified "emotional and physical issues," according to her rep, but old rumors of cutting and an eating disorder have already come back to haunt the Disney star.

Demi was photographed multiple times in 2008 with what looked like deep cut marks on her wrists. At the time, her publicist denied the cutting rumors.

"Demi was wearing gummy bracelets just prior to her appearance on the red carpet and, because of how tight they were, they left indentations on her wrist," her publicist Allison Leslie said. "These allegations are completely false."

However, a family friend talked to People magazine about Demi's real troubles. "She fought through eating disorders and has struggled with cutting. [She] is taking control by getting help."

"She definitely had body-image issues," the friend continued. "She was always conscious of her weight."

"Like many other teenage girls, she struggled a lot to fit in and find acceptance," says another source. "She's very sensitive, very intuitive and that is part of what makes her a wonderful performer -- very talented. It is a double-edged sword. I think she felt that the hard time she had [in school], problems with kids who were incredibly vicious made her stronger. But none of us feels strong every day."

Lovato briefly touched on her troubles in an interview with People over the summer. She said, "Feeling comfortable in your clothes is something I deal with to this day. I wish I had somebody I had to look up to when I was younger to stand up and say, 'Hey, I have fat days.' So I want to be able to start a foundation or something that's for girls feeling confident, to empower them."

The 18-year-old pulled out of her scheduled world tour with the Jonas Brothers. There is so far no indication how long she will be gone.

Comments

Comments on "Is Demi Lovato a cutter?"

DEMI ROCKS September 01, 2011 | 8:08 AM

i love demi she has always been my favourite disney actor and i it will never ever change hope u get beter demi

Morgan January 05, 2011 | 3:32 PM

Demi Lovato is a beautiful, talented person; I hope she gets better soon.

dolly December 13, 2010 | 4:13 AM

i think she had a nice body....and she really dont have to change her image because thats what her fans like about her...LOL.

demi4ever November 30, 2010 | 3:51 PM

i hope she gets better, i really do. wat she should do is write songs about what she''s been going through, whether it's the bullying from old classmates, the eating disorder, and even the cutting. i love Miley and Selena but i think Demi is that type of performer and person who needs to write songs like that. i mean sure she can write songs about the hot guy next door lol but i feel like she's one of those singers who if they go through things, sing it out. dats just wat i feel, anyways hope she gets better soon, praying for my Demi :)

Julia November 24, 2010 | 9:46 PM

Demi hasn't done anything wrong. Millions of people suffer with issues just like she is right now. She is getting help for it, which most people are afraid to do. At least she isn't an attention like ty Cyrus.

lamar November 03, 2010 | 7:38 PM

I feel for demi and I hope she gets better soon DEMI YOUR FANS LOVE YOU

reggie November 03, 2010 | 7:34 PM

Demi lovato is such a ty I think joe nick kevin and ashley should team up and beat the out of demi 4 what she said about ashley

Destiny Soto November 03, 2010 | 6:45 AM

Demi Lovato doesnt have to change or anything! shes perfect and her fans love her for who she is! We don't know what she might be going through at home or anywhere, but know that we're all here for her!(: